Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow = Disappointment? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 03, 2010, 06:35:53 PM

Ridiculous yet it has merit to it. Tell me how 0 touchdowns after half a season is worth 3 million dollars. Not to mention the every possible snap being the one to destroy his knee again?

Hes one crack to the knee away from a very long recovery. And at that point are you going to wish we signed him for so long? He had like 2-3 years left on his deal when we traded for him.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 03, 2010, 06:36:33 PM

This is hilarious, much like the rest of your threads.

The reason why he isn't scoring TD's yet is simple. Mike Williams. We had no receivers last year so he was force fed the ball around the end zone, we also had very limited big plays. Now we have a receiving core that is making plays and it is cutting into his TD's.

Either way he is still playing well and is our most reliable guy still. Definitely going to be fine as the season goes on and Freeman gets even better.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 03, 2010, 06:41:41 PM

definitely wouldnt be 5-2 without him. He's not having a big receiving year like he usually does but i have never been close to being disappointed with him this year.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 03, 2010, 06:42:52 PM

NavyBuc93 wrote:
Ridiculous yet it has merit to it. Tell me how 0 touchdowns after half a season is worth 3 million dollars. Not to mention the every possible snap being the one to destroy his knee again?

Hes one crack to the knee away from a very long recovery. And at that point are you going to wish we signed him for so long? He had like 2-3 years left on his deal when we traded for him.

Good gawd, now you're going to an injury that might or might not happen?

Give it up.  This thread (per the usual) sucks.  Winslow being the 2nd leading receiver on the team (mainly because of an emergence an actual NFL receiving corp) isn't a disappointment, or even close to one.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#19 : November 03, 2010, 06:46:39 PM

I'm not disappointed at all.  K2 is one of the best TE's in the league, and his reduced production is more related to Freeman having more options this year than last.  Last year,  the only person catching the ball was K2...now we have MW, Spurlock, and Benn contributing, of course his numbers would be down.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 03, 2010, 06:48:54 PM

Then Winslow should give some of his salary to Mike Williams for making the catches that keep tackles away from his knees then. More hes healthy the more $ he makes.

I never once said Winslow wasn't good. I just think for the money hes being paid 2nd most paid TE (Gates is #1 I believe) and being 14th overall among TEs in yardage and 0 Tds is kind of sad.

Jason Witten has 462 yards and 3 Tds and he has better weapons in Miles Austin/Roy Williams/Dez Bryant around him

Antonio Gates has 663 yards and 5 Tds and he has Malcolm Floyd around him

Dallas Clark has 347 yards and 3 tds....Wayne Garcon Collie all around him

Chris Cooley for crying out loud has better stats

Haynesworth effect is in play but theres no reason why K2 can't be in the top 5 for TEs.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 03, 2010, 06:50:36 PM

Hate wrote:
Biggs3535 wrote:
He's doing exactly what he's supposed to do.

except for running his route short of the marker on a few 3rd downs.

He's still among the receivers in the league in 3rd down conversions.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 03, 2010, 06:53:51 PM

Ramonb wrote:
I'm not disappointed at all.  K2 is one of the best TE's in the league, and his reduced production is more related to Freeman having more options this year than last.  Last year,  the only person catching the ball was K2...now we have MW, Spurlock, and Benn contributing, of course his numbers would be down.

God people keep saying how K2 is one of the best TE's in the league but yet he isn't even in the Top 10 but gets paid like a Top 3 TE. Its just weird because even last year he wasn't even in the top 5 in receiving yards for a TE.

Hes good for TAMPA OFFENSE standards sure...but is he really that elite anymore? Its more of a name now. Its like when people hear a name thats prestigious. People just tend to assume its good but in reality it might not be close to that.

An Elite TE can still get good production despite having a good WR corps around him (Witten and Clark and Gates are all prime examples)

AJ Burnett

Rookie

#23 : November 03, 2010, 07:15:01 PM

what the hell is this garbage?

player101

Starter
#24 : November 03, 2010, 07:16:37 PM

NavyBuc93 wrote:
Ramonb wrote:

God people keep saying how K2 is one of the best TE's in the league but yet he isn't even in the Top 10 but gets paid like a Top 3 TE. Its just weird because even last year he wasn't even in the top 5 in receiving yards for a TE.

Hes good for TAMPA OFFENSE standards sure...but is he really that elite anymore? Its more of a name now. Its like when people hear a name thats prestigious. People just tend to assume its good but in reality it might not be close to that.

An Elite TE can still get good production despite having a good WR corps around him (Witten and Clark and Gates are all prime examples)

I just wish K2 could block like Witten, Clark and Gates. K2 is a huge liability to our run game. He is an elite pass catcher though and that makes up a little for his non existent blocking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 03, 2010, 07:23:22 PM

AJ Burnett wrote:
what the hell is this garbage?

Its the same garbage spewed by the same nitwit all the time.. Children should really be restricted on their internet use..

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 03, 2010, 07:30:06 PM

Its understandable...people don't like it when their "favorite" and "stud" players get called out. People take offense to it easily. Everything I said was true but people never want to accept the truth.

K2 has not produced up to expectations.

FlyingScorpion

Starter
#27 : November 03, 2010, 07:31:57 PM

K2's personal conditioning is something Morris has said he wants the team exposed too. All the veterans we keep around have some quality that management wants wearing off onto the young nucleus of this team.

Freeman\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love winning a lot more than Im scared of losing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 03, 2010, 07:49:58 PM

NavyBuc93 wrote:
Everything I said was true but people never want to accept the truth.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 03, 2010, 08:40:21 PM

can one of the mods move this thread to the fantasy football board?  thanks.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow = Disappointment? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools