Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow = Disappointment? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

lowlife

Starter
#30 : November 03, 2010, 09:31:12 PM

NavyBuc93 wrote:
Its understandable...people don't like it when their "favorite" and "stud" players get called out. People take offense to it easily. Everything I said was true but people never want to accept the truth.

K2 has not produced up to expectations.

He's on pace for more yards than last season when he arguably should have been a Pro Bowler. Production is not an issue, he's even making the necessary catches to convert this season.

He, however, has not been as much of a threat in the redzone this season. But he'll get his handful by season's end.

It's also a product of having a legit No. 1 receiver.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 03, 2010, 09:51:21 PM

NavyBuc93 wrote:
I guess since people are supporting Winslow more then calling him out on his play I should ask this question....Winslow = Disappointment in the RED ZONE?

With his freakish ability you got to wonder why he isn't targeted in the RZ.

Didn't anyone explain to you that he is being double teamed? Come on man, you're grasping at straws here. How many times have you seen Mike Williams(Syracuse) beat his single coverage and take it to the house? Why do you think he wasn't double teamed? If teams start doubling Williams more you will see K2's numbers go up. It's not rocket science.  

You could call out a few Bucs players for under performing, and not going 100%. But, K2 is NOT one of those guys. He has been making big time plays all year. This thread is fail from the beginning.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 03, 2010, 10:28:41 PM

Navy

I'm not sure how much you paid to post here but I would be willing to give you a refund if you just go away and please take your boy Ruud with ya.  You gotta be kidding me with some of these ideas regarding Winslow, Raheem and just about everything that comes out of your mouth is garbage.  So K2 is the highest paid TE - WHO CARES you are not paying his salary!!  K2 is opening up the middle and drawing multiple guys so it gives Mike Williams, Benn and others one on one chances.  If we really wanted to we could throw to Winslow all day and he could have 100 catches and 8-9 TD's by now but this is a TEAM and sorry if you did not ever play football but you need more than one guy to win.  Dude, don't you have some photos of women to post as your girlfriend, only they aren't??

PewterG@tor

Starter
#33 : November 03, 2010, 10:45:27 PM

This is one of those times where you smell something that resembles doo-doo and you swear you smell doo-doo but you can't pinpoint its location.  Then you look behind the couch and lo and behold a giant steaming pile of crapola courtesy of the dog.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 03, 2010, 11:12:57 PM

NavyBuc93 wrote:
Then Winslow should give some of his salary to Mike Williams for making the catches that keep tackles away from his knees then. More hes healthy the more $ he makes.

I never once said Winslow wasn't good. I just think for the money hes being paid 2nd most paid TE (Gates is #1 I believe) and being 14th overall among TEs in yardage and 0 Tds is kind of sad.

Jason Witten has 462 yards and 3 Tds and he has better weapons in Miles Austin/Roy Williams/Dez Bryant around him Cowboys

Antonio Gates has 663 yards and 5 Tds and he has Malcolm Floyd around him Chargers

Dallas Clark has 347 yards and 3 tds....Wayne Garcon Collie all around him Colts

Chris Cooley for crying out loud has better stats Redskins

Haynesworth effect is in play but theres no reason why K2 can't be in the top 5 for TEs.

Guess what all those teams have in common? None of them have a better record than us, and the only team tied in record has the best QB of all time. I'll go ahead and trust the formula that's been working, you go ahead and continue to whine because you picked Winslow in the 3rd round of your fantasy league.

big_JLB

Starter

#35 : November 03, 2010, 11:22:57 PM

essentially you're **CENSORED**ing about winslow because of TD production. if he had 4 TD's now like he did at this point last year would you be complaining? do you really believe he wont catch at least that many by the end of the year? it's already been explained that the TD distribution has shifted due to new weapons at freeman's disposal. its a fairly simple concept, what part dont you understand? its not like he can throw the ball to himself in the end zone. he's drawing attention and constantly produces in clutch conversion situations and you want to call him out for not taking one for 6, get real :huh:

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 03, 2010, 11:27:45 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
NavyBuc93 wrote:
Everything I said was true but people never want to accept the truth.

+1.

Navy is about as dumb as they get when it comes to posting.  

Between the lies about his bank account (millionaire), his fake girlfirend (muslimfriends.com), his football stupidity (Suh sucks?  yeah.  Winslow is a dissapointment?  Okay then genius.  Moss is idolized because he hates food from an eatery?  Sure, run with that doggie.  

NavyBuc might be, and I say this seriously, one of the dumbest posters that this site has ever had.  I would mention he might be deranged, but I think the more he posts, the more obvious it becomes he needs better education, and less time on his hands.

/truth.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#37 : November 04, 2010, 01:16:59 AM

A lot of complaining about Winslow's contract. I bet the same people are the ones complaining the Glazers don't spend enough money.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 04, 2010, 10:20:49 AM

The element missing, as far as the OP is concerned, is TD catches.  I think Freeman would do well to target Winslow more near the goal line, as this was an area of qeakness for our QB, especially early in the season.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 04, 2010, 10:31:47 AM

the only TE taken in the 2nd round last year was Richard Quinn who hasn't caught a single pass yet.  neither has 3rd rounder Chase Coffman.  3rd rounder Travis Beckum has caught 16.  3rd rounder Jared Cook has caught 12.

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#40 : November 04, 2010, 12:38:40 PM

He's a big plus in the passing game. However, his blocking on running plays sucks.

Also, it would be nice to have a TE who could practice once in a while.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 04, 2010, 01:05:46 PM

so what this thread amounts to is that K2 is good just not 2nd in the league so he shouldn't be making so much. do those fans want the Glazers to try to re-structure his deal to pay him less?

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow = Disappointment? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools