Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who wants Simms back next year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

: October 26, 2006, 05:00:54 PM

As a cheap backup, sure.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#1 : October 26, 2006, 04:54:21 PM

If Grads shows that he is a good fit for Gru offense then Simms will not be here next year.....

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#2 : October 26, 2006, 04:53:19 PM

I know some of us have covered this before but who wants simms back next year? I like gradkowski but do u think he has the comeback ability of simms. like the washington game last year. i think it was exiting football when he was his best. On the other hand i like gradkowskis ability to make a play out of nothing. i like gradkowski more as a qb in this offense. what do u guys think.

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 26, 2006, 09:01:28 PM

I like both QB's.

I think Gradkowski is better for our organization, but unlike a lot of these Simms haters I still like him.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 26, 2006, 08:28:55 PM

It all depends on how Grads pans out over the remainder of the season.

I still love Simms. I haven't forgotten last season. Man, that was fun

It was fun but our O was pathetic most of the season and without the number one D it wouldn't have been much fun.

SHHhhhh!  You're not allowed to mention that...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 26, 2006, 08:18:12 PM

It was fun but our O was pathetic most of the season and without the number one D it wouldn't have been much fun.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 26, 2006, 08:05:28 PM

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

#7 : October 26, 2006, 07:58:01 PM

As an inexpensive back up, sure.
Is there an echo???

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 26, 2006, 07:00:54 PM

pass, he will never work in our system, add that to the fact that I don't think Gruden is comfortable with Simms as our guy.  I wish him luck.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 26, 2006, 07:03:15 PM

As an inexpensive back up, sure.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 26, 2006, 06:48:58 PM

All depends on what Grads does. I'd love Simms on the roster if we don't get another
vet QB such as Brunell.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 26, 2006, 06:55:17 PM

The assumption that Grads is the future here is way too premature..

True....but he is the only future we have right now so we have to cross our fingers and ride the rookie until he breaks or breaks out.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 27, 2006, 10:14:01 AM

The offense last year was not poor in my very honest opinion. 

Despite playing with a very good D and benefiting from good field position our offense only scored 300 points last season.  That would rank us 20th on scoring, the NFL average was 330, so by any sensible standard our offense was well below average, i.e poor.

That fine form was carried over into the payoffs where we racked up a mightily unimpressive 10 points, with Simms turning the ball over twice for zero TDs.  The hope was a full off-season as the starter would help Simms, but alas that never developed.

So we know for sure this is a poor offense with Simms at the helm.  If Grads is still struggling after 10 games we might be looking at another QB change for next season. 

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 26, 2006, 05:22:42 PM

I like the idea of a Gradkowski/Simms 1-2 punch better than a Gradkowski/McClown, Rattay.. etc.

The assumption that Grads is the future here is way too premature..

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 26, 2006, 05:14:28 PM

(Heck, go back and see choices made such as Dilfer v. Young).

Young was traded the year that we were drafting Testeverde.   Dilfer came years later.   Dilfer replaced Craig Erickson (and rightfully so).   Luckily we were able to trade Erickson for a 1st round pick after Dilfer's first season - which was a miracle.

But I agree with your point.  The optimal scenario is to have a seasoned vet as a backup.  Not so easy to find in this league since nobody wants to be a backup.   I'd say the chances of Simms accepting being a backup are about zero percent.   I don't think the Bucs will be able to re-sign Simms for that reason.  But they may bring in a guy like Griese or Jeff Garcia as a backup.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who wants Simms back next year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools