Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who wants Simms back next year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #15 : October 26, 2006, 05:09:04 PM »

No, for him he belongs in another system

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #16 : October 26, 2006, 05:04:42 PM »

Nope.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

BucsNBullsBaby

Second String

« #17 : October 26, 2006, 05:05:20 PM »

The truth is, the Bucs have leveraged the farm a couple of times in recent years with only 1 qb - see this year w/Simms, a couple back w/Griese, a few back w/King.  (Heck, go back and see choices made such as Dilfer v. Young).  In each case, a relatively young, new qb inherited the team through injury (or annointed like Dilfer) and played well for a portion of a season.  The next year, guys capable of pushing for the starting job were let go and the young guys couldn't perform as well as they were expected.  The team suffered because of this.  Truth is, you need a guy capable of being a starter to push the starter, or step in in case of injury.  Simms may indeed be needed here.  While he's obviously not Gru's guy, the need is great for a strong back-up.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #18 : October 26, 2006, 10:00:39 PM »

I like the idea of a Gradkowski/Simms 1-2 punch better than a Gradkowski/McClown, Rattay.. etc.

The assumption that Grads is the future here is way too premature..

Exactly.

But he might want to try to earn his job back, or maybe Grads will tank out.  Either way, Simms will probably be resigned, IMO, and on the cheap, again for a one year deal.  The Bucs will be weary of having thin ranks at the QB spot, espescially knowing GRuden.

I originally thought he would be out of here, but I can see him coming back.

Grads is not the saviour until he does something.  And he didn't do jack yet.

I do think Rattay will be out of here though.

« #19 : October 26, 2006, 10:05:08 PM »

I like the idea of a Gradkowski/Simms 1-2 punch better than a Gradkowski/McClown, Rattay.. etc.

The assumption that Grads is the future here is way too premature..

Exactly.

But he might want to try to earn his job back, or maybe Grads will tank out. Either way, Simms will probably be resigned, IMO, and on the cheap, again for a one year deal. The Bucs will be weary of having thin ranks at the QB spot, espescially knowing GRuden.

I originally thought he would be out of here, but I can see him coming back.

Grads is not the saviour until he does something. And he didn't do jack yet.

I do think Rattay will be out of here though.
that's the smartest way of doing things, even if Simms doesn't contribute on the field, persay, he's got four years in a Gruden offense, last time I checked the other three QBs have all of 2 1/2 (McCown -1, Rattay - 1, Grads- 1/2)

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #20 : October 26, 2006, 10:27:51 PM »

I think they should resign Simms--who knows, when he sees an o-line that's doing it's job much better than they were he might be a little less dancy & more decisive. Grads hasn't really impressed yet. Other threads are pissed he's not getting more attention! And tell me you're not serious about Jeff Garcia! He needs to retire. I'd rather have Brad Johnson than Garcia.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #21 : October 26, 2006, 10:49:42 PM »

I hope we re-sign Simms.  Competition is always good, and Bruce hasn't shown anything more than Simms showed last year, so far.  Simms has the ability to win games for us, as he showed last year.  He may need a better O-line than a guy like Bruce, but he can be successful here I believe. 

If we are going to pay Rattay 1.2 Million to be a 3rd string QB this year, I don't see why we can't sign Simms to a decent deal to be a backup/comepte for the starting gig.  Of course, provided a team like Oakland, Detroit, or someone else doesn't throw bigger money at Simms to start. 

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #22 : October 26, 2006, 10:52:04 PM »

No way...he is gone and I don't want him back. He will fit somewhere else better and will do himself a favor by leaving.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #23 : October 26, 2006, 10:53:02 PM »

No way...he is gone and I don't want him back. He will fit somewhere else better and will do himself a favor by leaving.

Coach Gruden is that you?   ;)

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #24 : October 26, 2006, 10:58:53 PM »

And the o-line is better now than it was when Chris started. Joseph wasn't in with Chris--Yatta was! :o

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #25 : October 26, 2006, 11:04:44 PM »

And the o-line is better now than it was when Chris started. Joseph wasn't in with Chris--Yatta was! :o

And coach Gruden went out of his way to tell the media why he thought the O-line is better: "because we have a mobile QB that is playing well".  He also pointed out that the batted balls are dried up as well.  Face it guys, Simms doesn't fit the offense and Gruden doesn't want him back.

With a different coach and offensive system I am sure Simms will be just fine, but not here, not with Gruden.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

« #26 : October 26, 2006, 11:13:18 PM »

No sims, its made become an alcoholic...

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #27 : October 26, 2006, 11:17:49 PM »

I'm guessing Gruden/Allen doesn't resign Simms in the offseason and go after Brunell in FA. I believe Gruden did try to do that a couple of seasons ago before he was signed by Washingon. Brunell may be old now but he would be the perfect backup for Bruce should Grad establishes himself as the QB of the future. Brunell would be a great mentor for Bruce as he was once a smart scrambling QB in the mold of Bruce while at Jacksonville.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #28 : October 26, 2006, 11:38:43 PM »

No sims, its made become an alcoholic...
WTF?? ??? ???

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

« #29 : October 26, 2006, 11:39:29 PM »

the question i think is , Does Gruden want Simms back??
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who wants Simms back next year? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools