Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who wants Simms back next year? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #75 : October 27, 2006, 04:10:38 PM »

Jesus, stop with the New Orleans game crap.

What, one good deep throw?  That's enough for you hopefools to hang your hat on, but like the realists on this thread, I won't be convinced Grads can throw an accurate deep ball until he does it more than once every three games..

Actually Gradkowksi had  four good deep throws in that game. 

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #76 : October 27, 2006, 05:34:59 PM »

Well we will see this Sunday! I hope to god he gets off, I just fear that too many people are quick to grab on to anything that comes along, we'll see, time will tell. Go Grads, Go bucs!!

Baghead #2

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #77 : October 27, 2006, 06:24:38 PM »

Actually Gradkowksi had four good deep throws in that game.

???

Aside from the 52 yard pass to Galloway, he didn't complete anything longer than 23 yards. And Pittman got most of those yards after the catch..

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #78 : October 27, 2006, 06:30:29 PM »

Actually Gradkowksi had four good deep throws in that game.

???

Aside from the 52 yard pass to Galloway, he didn't complete anything longer than 23 yards. And Pittman got most of those yards after the catch..

Actually passes over 20 yards are considered deep.   ;)

2-10-NO18 (10:55) B.Gradkowski pass deep left to J.Galloway for 18 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

3-5-TB38 (7:54) B.Gradkowski pass deep left to J.Galloway ran ob at NO 40 for 22 yards.

2-2-TB46 (4:18) B.Gradkowski pass deep right to J.Galloway to NO 2 for 52 yards (J.Bullocks).

1-10-TB35 (4:05) B.Gradkowski pass deep left to J.Galloway pushed ob at NO 47 for 18 yards (F.Thomas).

2-4-NO41(3:24) B.Gradkowski pass deep right to I.Hilliard to NO 3 for 38 yards (M.McKenzie).

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #79 : October 27, 2006, 06:43:57 PM »

Gradkowski 4TD/1 INT

Simms 1TD/7INT

Any questions...

I love Simms, but no one can deny that the passing game has improved dramatically in the turnover department...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

darryl

Practice Squad
« #80 : October 27, 2006, 06:44:54 PM »

Simms went 0-3 and Gradkowski went 2-1.  What does that tell you - Grad is better!

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #81 : October 27, 2006, 06:46:51 PM »

I wouldn't say it makes Grads a better QB.  Just a better fit in this offense, really...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #82 : October 27, 2006, 06:49:17 PM »

Simms went 0-3 and Gradkowski went 2-1.  What does that tell you - Grad is better!

Stats are records don't really tell the whole story.  Simms was stinking up the shop for sure this season, and we have improved since Grads came in.  When you are god damned awful the only way is up, so winning two close games isn't much to hang you hat on just yet.

Simms wasn't suited to the WCO, and Grads seems a very good fit.  He just needs to build on his promising start and he should be just fine.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #83 : October 28, 2006, 02:01:24 PM »

Gradkowski throws like Shaun King when he throws deep. His trajectory is too high and he's not accurate. He is mobile and decisive. We need a QB that combines the best of Gradkowski with the best of Simms. Rattay is not in contention. That only leaves McCown as a possibility, and we really don't have enough evidence to make a judgement right now. After a few more losses with Gradkowski, I would like to see if McCown can be a better compromise. Simms is as good as gone and Gradkowski is not going to get any stronger.

We could also sign Favre for the next year or two, until we find a QB without an obvious handicap. Right now McCown is the only unknown option.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #84 : October 28, 2006, 02:18:22 PM »

Gradkowski throws like Shaun King when he throws deep. His trajectory is too high and he's not accurate. He is mobile and decisive. We need a QB that combines the best of Gradkowski with the best of Simms. Rattay is not in contention. That only leaves McCown as a possibility, and we really don't have enough evidence to make a judgement right now. After a few more losses with Gradkowski, I would like to see if McCown can be a better compromise. Simms is as good as gone and Gradkowski is not going to get any stronger.

Too early to make any predictions on Grads, and with coaching his mechanics and timing can be changed to get a little more power on the deep balls.  He has actually thrown some intermediate throws with plenty of zip on them.  If the only thing he is going have missing from his game is a bomb of a deep ball, I think Gruden will live with it.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who wants Simms back next year? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools