Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Enough already « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: November 12, 2010, 05:09:13 PM

I detest the fowlgoons as much as anybody here, but they're 6-2 and earned it. The officials are not on their payroll. They beat the Ravens, the Saints and us, and deserve respect for that. Our guys are young and still learning, and came within two yards of beating a veteran team in their own house. The Bucs deserve some respect for that. The fowlgoons are NOT looking at the rematch as a slam dunk. They have to know Freeman won't be repeating his mistakes from Sunday. The fowlgoons played and won two tough games in five days. Don't whine and cry about it. Give credit where credit is due. It will only make the Bucs look that much better when we beat them in RJS, and I honestly believe we will.

We have a really good team that needs to make some personnel changes in order to become a really great team. Think back to what your expectations were in August. Not many here or anywhere else predicted even a .500 season. These guys are ahead of the curve and deserve our support.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 12, 2010, 05:39:26 PM

First of all, I agree wholeheartedly on supporting the team. I expected six wins this season so if we go 9-7 complaining isn't exactly warranted. Raheem still does some dumb things, but he has matured a great deal since last year when he seemed overmatched. Dominink has been superb and with luck either Price or McCoy pans out and this goes down as our best draft in a decade.
There's no denying that Atlanta is a great team and it's tough to say if they're the best team in the NFC or third, say behind the Giants and Saints. But they're in the conversation.
Those points notwithstanding, bad officiating is bad officiating. It doesn't take a paycheck to call out several bad calls, all in THEIR favor. There's an old saying about taking it out of the hands of the officials. But IMHO once you get beyond two bad calls, the officials are taking it from you. Baltimore has less of a gripe than we do as Atlanta outplayed them most of the way. In our case, reversal of just ONE of about four bad calls could have won it for us.
In the end, it's irrelevant because we can still make the playoffs. That's my new goal. I'd love a 5 seed and a good shot at a first-round victory. But we need to think about Carolina, getting the job done Sunday and then moving on to San Fran. The Atlanta rematch is a long way away.
P.S. They're 7-2.

In Verner We Trust

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 12, 2010, 05:41:24 PM

1sparkybuc wrote:
I detest the fowlgoons as much as anybody here, but they're 6-2 and earned it. The officials are not on their payroll. They beat the Ravens, the Saints and us, and deserve respect for that. Our guys are young and still learning, and came within two yards of beating a veteran team in their own house. The Bucs deserve some respect for that. The fowlgoons are NOT looking at the rematch as a slam dunk. They have to know Freeman won't be repeating his mistakes from Sunday. The fowlgoons played and won two tough games in five days. Don't whine and cry about it. Give credit where credit is due. It will only make the Bucs look that much better when we beat them in RJS, and I honestly believe we will.

We have a really good team that needs to make some personnel changes in order to become a really great team. Think back to what your expectations were in August. Not many here or anywhere else predicted even a .500 season. These guys are ahead of the curve and deserve our support.

I dont believe the refs are on their payrolls but they have got some help from the refs in the pass two weeks and if you watched both games you know that. They are getting A LOT of calls going there way that shoulnd't. I won't detest the falcons because they have played pretty well and deserve their record but I do not for once think they are the best team in the league or the best team in the divison (Saints, two choke FGS by their kicker in that game). I also believe when they come around the second team in Tampa for our ring of honor game and our FIRST sellout this year we are going to win.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 12, 2010, 05:58:25 PM

On the payroll? No. But giving them most of the close calls? Yes. And it's crap. If they're going to do that, they better do the same for us at home.

FreeWill

Starter

#4 : November 12, 2010, 06:29:03 PM

The refs are gutless. They hear the OOOOOHHHH of the crowd after a close call and decide to toss the flag late to avoid any confrontation. Happened last night, and happened on T.O's finall TD of the monday nighter. It also happened when they threw the flag for a late hit on freeman in ATL, but that time they picked it up. It iis an overlooked aspect of home field advantage. Let's hope for good officiating this weekend. Aww who am I kidding?

FreeWill

Starter

#5 : November 12, 2010, 06:30:57 PM

The refs are gutless. They hear the OOOOOHHHH of the crowd after a close call and decide to toss the flag late to avoid any confrontation. Happened last night, and happened on T.O's finall TD of the monday nighter. It also happened when they through the flag for a late hit on freeman in ATL, but that time they picked it up. It iis an overlooked aspect of home field advantage. Let's hope for good officiating this weekend. Aww who am I kidding?

FreeWill

Starter

#6 : November 12, 2010, 06:31:10 PM

The refs are gutless. They hear the OOOOOHHHH of the crowd after a close call and decide to toss the flag late to avoid any confrontation. Happened last night, and happened on T.O's finall TD of the monday nighter. It also happened when they through the flag for a late hit on freeman in ATL, but that time they picked it up. It iis an overlooked aspect of home field advantage. Let's hope for good officiating this weekend. Aww who am I kidding?

FreeWill

Starter

#7 : November 12, 2010, 06:31:23 PM

Chaos

Starter
#8 : November 12, 2010, 06:36:31 PM

1sparkybuc wrote:

i was at the game, and when falcons fans turn to you and say " dude you guys got screwed" then you're damn right i'm gonna say the refs cheated us!  And i'm not talking about just a few Falcons fans, there were atleast 10 of them in my section who started off harrasing me but by the end of the game they all said "we got a bum wrap"

When a ref refuses a measurement in the most important drive of the most important game so far this season then there is an issue

FreeWill

Starter

#9 : November 12, 2010, 06:40:12 PM

Does anyone know why my post was displayed 4 times? LOL 0_o

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 12, 2010, 06:43:40 PM

Great post, Chaos. One call? OK. But not four or five. Our team, our fans deserve better.

In Verner We Trust

Chaos

Starter
#11 : November 12, 2010, 08:05:17 PM

jerseybucsfan wrote:
Great post, Chaos. One call? OK. But not four or five. Our team, our fans deserve better.

we absolutely deserve better, the fans who support this team, the players who grind their butts off, the coaches who prep day in and dy out all deserve better than what we got. The Falcons played a good game, but by no means deserve the victories the way they got them. The were handed 2 victories in 2 critical games. There were just too many situations where we got screwed and i'm pissed. Props to raheem for keeping his head on a swivel and focusing on the next game...I cant wait to DEMOLISH the Falcons on Dec. 5th

personally i think the Ravens got it worse because their game ended on a cal that was HORRIBLE.....atleast ours was spread out a bit...lol

Hate

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 13, 2010, 12:37:48 AM

its called "home-cooking"

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 13, 2010, 07:49:37 AM

The point is, it's over and done. It serves no purpose to rehash it over and over again, and it's not like it was the SB and we were the Seahawks and the officials were conspiring to ensure the Steelers got the Lombardi trophy. It was a regular season game with little more than bragging rights on the line. It  puts the fowlgoons in the spotlight (which we don't need) and allows the Bucs to be underestimated until they win their next "BIG" game. The Bucs have some glaring issues to deal with on defense and on the OL. I'd rather they do that without the help of the NFL Network and ESPN.

It's not even the first time this year the Bucs have been screwed by bad officiating. It certainly won't be the last. Every team in the league will get a bad call some time or another, even the fowlgoons. It happens. Pissing and moaning isn't going to improve the officiating. I'm going to focus on what the Bucs do to improve this team.

smove28

Starter

#14 : November 13, 2010, 09:14:48 AM

The most important thing in this scenario is the fact that as of right now Tampa does not have a home field advantage yet so refs feel comfortable screwing us at home and away. ATL is not the best because they cannot take the calls on the road and they will finish around 11-5. They are a "cute" team. They will have a good regular season they have played some good football, but anyone who has really watched them can see they are no threat to beat Philly, Giants, GB, or the Saints in the playoffs when it matters, without help.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Enough already « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools