Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Freeman the best Bucs QB ever....... right now? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 14, 2010, 10:24:46 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
I don't think it's Freeman-bashing to say Rivers has been better than him this season.  Rivers has been the best QB in the league this season with a bunch of no-name WR's, while his #1 WR is suspended.

I'm not taking it as bashing Free at all.... but i also don't see Rivers as the best QB in the league. Would still take Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers over him.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 14, 2010, 10:32:17 PM

I am simply happy to have a buccaneer's qb mentioned in a conversation with the best qbs in the league.  If the consensus is he is the worst of Manning, Brady, Brees, Rogers and Rivers - I am good with that.  Yet ANOTHER major improvement.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 14, 2010, 11:56:59 PM

The official site did a comparison of the first 16 starts of most of the QBs who have been mentioned here and Josh Freeman. The wide variety of situations produced the expected results ranging from amazing to pathetic in personal stats and team record. The most dramatic impact was Peyton Manning with the Colts of the players who started from day one. Marino and Rothlisburger stepped into teams that were SB ready when they arrived. Brady and Rodgers were understudies and had time to aclimate. Each situation was different.
Trying to project how any of these guys would have fared given Freeman's issues here, would be speculation at best, but I seriously doubt they would have done any better. Manning was 3-13 with what was surely a better team than we had last year. Without looking, I know the Colts were not the youngest team in the league.

The only issue Josh Freeman has is lack of experience, and even that doesn't appear to be a real issue. He doesn't get rattled and he doesn't repeat mistakes. When anyone describes him his maturity always brings a comment. We've had veteran QBs that couldn't keep their cool under pressure, and there is always pressure behind any Buc OL. Freeman is cool like Montana and runs like Young. He is confident in his own abilities and will only get better as his confidence increases in everyone around him.

The fact that he's only started 18 games and we are already talking about him as the best QB we have ever had, is probably a pretty good indicator that he is. I know he has sure impressed me, and I've seen them all.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 15, 2010, 12:40:08 AM

1sparkybuc wrote:
Freeman is cool like Montana and runs like Young.

If i close my eyes and think about that statement for a moment, it makes me a lil giddy.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GameManager

Starter

#34 : November 15, 2010, 12:45:59 AM

Hate wrote:

If i close my eyes and think about that statement for a moment, it makes me a lil giddy.
That pinpoint accurate TD pass to Winslow reminded me a little bit of Montana to Clark.

The Tampa Tri-force!!!!!!!!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 15, 2010, 12:46:13 AM

Hate wrote:
Biggs3535 wrote:
I don't think it's Freeman-bashing to say Rivers has been better than him this season.  Rivers has been the best QB in the league this season with a bunch of no-name WR's, while his #1 WR is suspended.

I'm not taking it as bashing Free at all.... but i also don't see Rivers as the best QB in the league. Would still take Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers over him.
Brees hasn't been himself this year. You could make the argument for Manning/Brady against Rivers but certainly not sir.sack.a.lot in Rodgers.

Rivers is the best QB in the league RIGHT now, hands down. The stats agree with that thought. Overall is he the best? No, because greatness isn't measured by only 1 or 2 years. Manning and Brady have been doing it for over 4+ years now so yeah they are technically the best in the game overall.

DanishBucFan

Second String
#36 : November 15, 2010, 04:59:55 AM

Very sad for the Panthers to be in a division with 3 of the leagues top 10-12 QB's and they are for now in complete disarray...  :P

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 15, 2010, 01:34:24 PM

I am simply happy to have a buccaneer's qb mentioned in a conversation with the best qbs in the league.  If the consensus is he is the worst of Manning, Brady, Brees, Rogers and Rivers - I am good with that.  Yet ANOTHER major improvement.

Precisely.  He's been great, and easily among the top 10 QB's in the league at the ripe, old age of 22.
------------------------------------------

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Freeman the best Bucs QB ever....... right now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools