Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any doubts about MD and RM should be erased « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#75 : November 14, 2010, 10:12:37 PM

dbucfan wrote:
ABuccsFan wrote:
dbucfan wrote:
Nobody said anything about spending crazy money abucs - don't have to spend crazy money when all you need is a vet or two to show the kids the ropes.
Overrated and cliche'. The coaches show the kids the ropes.

You need to let Brooks and Sapp know.  They are the two buccaneer players who give so much credit to Hardy.  I have seen it on other squads - but there is no reason to believe me  since we don't agree on this one.  Pretty easy for a buc fan to check on what Brooks and Sapp have said regarding Hardy though.

From everything I've read, the biggest thing Nickerson did was to change the culture around the team that losing isn't acceptable anymore. He had gone from one of the best organizations in the NFL to one that hadn't had a winning season in 10 years. The current Bucs have had a winning record 2 out of the last 3 years. The culture inside the team isn't really a problem, at least now that they got rid of Bryant, Clayton, and Ward.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#76 : November 14, 2010, 10:23:53 PM

This is what's remarkable. If you predicted prior to the season start that we'd be starting 7 rookies and winning our 6th of 9 games played, I would have called you crazy...or a crazy homer.

Listen, this team isn't finished rebuilding, nor have our young players hit their peak. But it sure is fun winning while rebuilding.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#77 : November 14, 2010, 10:31:21 PM

Guys, offensively, there are SOME things to be excited about. But just wait until next year when the schedule gets tough!

So funny to see some of the haters here who were so wrong about this team. They show up but after reading some of their pathetic and repetitive, posts, they'd be better off staying far away from these boards.

But the defense has lots of problems!

LOL. Tell us something we don't know.

When was the last time it was a joy to watch our offense perform? Thank God Morris wanted Freeman so badly and the rest of the staff agreed. And what a job MD has done with the Williams, Benn. Winslow and Blount picks/acquisitions. Offense is becoming a force in only two years under MD/RM. And Olson seems to be improving, too.

Most of the league took note when we LOST last week to Atlanta. We went to the house of one of the best teams in the NFC and came within one straight ahead run from taking the lead in the last minutes of that game. THAT was an impressive performance and the D shut down the Falcons when they needed it most. The haters don't like to refer to that game. Or, they just concentrate on the score. But there was a hell of a lot more to that game than the final score. And most observers around the league realized that.

It looks like Morris might be here for a long time and some folks are very unhappy about that. Too bleeping bad. Choke on it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#78 : November 14, 2010, 10:36:50 PM

bashear wrote:
This is what's remarkable. If you predicted prior to the season start that we'd be starting 7 rookies and winning our 6th of 9 games played, I would have called you crazy...or a crazy homer.

Listen, this team isn't finished rebuilding, nor have our young players hit their peak. But it sure is fun winning while rebuilding.

It's fun for most of us. But for some, it's extremely tough to watch. They can't admit to being wrong. And they'll do everything they can to try to point out every negative imaginable. Or, like one jackazz poster does, they'll try to distract your attention from the excitement of this year and point out how scary things will be with a tougher schedule next year.

Exciting to be a Bucs fan right now. Lots of fun and to top it off, I laid the seven points and won $180 today on the game. Only single game I have bet all year. Felt real good about it. I also won the Over 5.5 wins bet. And the playoff bet (10-1 odds) is looking decent.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#79 : November 14, 2010, 10:38:06 PM

Feel Real Good wrote:
dbucfan wrote:
ABuccsFan wrote:
dbucfan wrote:
Nobody said anything about spending crazy money abucs - don't have to spend crazy money when all you need is a vet or two to show the kids the ropes.
Overrated and cliche'. The coaches show the kids the ropes.

You need to let Brooks and Sapp know.  They are the two buccaneer players who give so much credit to Hardy.  I have seen it on other squads - but there is no reason to believe me  since we don't agree on this one.  Pretty easy for a buc fan to check on what Brooks and Sapp have said regarding Hardy though.

From everything I've read, the biggest thing Nickerson did was to change the culture around the team that losing isn't acceptable anymore. He had gone from one of the best organizations in the NFL to one that hadn't had a winning season in 10 years. The current Bucs have had a winning record 2 out of the last 3 years. The culture inside the team isn't really a problem, at least now that they got rid of Bryant, Clayton, and Ward.

From what Sapp and Brooks have said he set the level of professionalism, he showed how hard one had to work tp excel, he carried the example onto the field and showed how those actions carried onto the field.  Now if that is what you are consolidating into "changing the culture" that is fine, assuming that includes indoctrination of rookies and FAs into the "buccaneer"/professional way.

And that my friend is a lot.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#80 : November 14, 2010, 10:41:39 PM

cyberdude558 wrote:
The schedule is the reason this team is 6-3 and not 3-6.

At the start of the year, people said this team was 6 to 8 wins AT BEST with an average NFL schedule. That was consensus opinion. That may be true. But you wont see much improvement until the defense improves. And that will be awhile.

Statistically, you don't get winning records and playoff berths when you have no pass rush AND can't stop the run. What we are getting away with this year is the exception, not the rule. With next year's schedule, we will be murdered if we dont establish a pass rush.

This team absolutely MUST bring in at least one proven free agent pass rusher. They have to. They can draft a guy as well. But somebody needs to start putting pressure on the QBs until this line is developed. Or this team will regress.

QFT. That is exactly my opinion. We fix the Dline and we might actually be really good next year. Imagine the turnover margin with a good Dline?

Madman

Hall of Famer

#81 : November 14, 2010, 11:08:07 PM

The teams that don't go up and down every other year b/c of the SOS are the teams with a top tier QB (e.g. New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New Orleans).

Freeman is the difference. Man it's nice to have a legit QB. Freeman's ability will bring stability.

Dom and Rah have been impressive this year and they deserve all the credit for Freeman.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#82 : November 14, 2010, 11:15:41 PM

dbucfan wrote:
audioboy wrote:

Anyone who has a problem with the way our team is shaping up is just clueless or just is trying to stir up controversy.

Wow - you are very impressed with the opinions offered.  I would offer there is indeed a lot to like.  There is a pretty good list of issues that go hand in hand with the 'good' outcomes

No FA spending - left McCoy, Price and Miller to learn the NFL from guys who are hangers no - not guys who know what it takes to be successful.

The offensive play calling remains iffy.  

The LB group remains iffy - in their positioning, their tackling and blitzing.

STs remains hot and cold.

So there are player and coaching concerns - which I don't think stirs controversy - but rather acknowledges this group has a lot of room to improve.

And your point is?

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#83 : November 14, 2010, 11:54:21 PM

Biggs3535 wrote:
BuccinTex wrote:
It's basically the same reason I am pissed that Stovall is here.  I know you don't agree with that but I don't feel he's earned his spot with either his play or being a mentor.

Whatever you think of Stovall's play on ST's, can Briscoe even do that?  Seriously, does/can he play Special Teams?  Because he would have to, for him to be active on Game Day, since he would only see the field in 4 or 5 WR sets.

I don't give two craps about Stovall, but Briscoe wouldn't even see the field as a WR with Williams, Benn, Spurlock, and probably even Sammy (and Winslow when talking about receiving options) being ahead of him right now.  Parker is on the team now because of his Special Teams play, and I have to assume Briscoe isn't the team now because of his lack of Special Teams play.

I hope Briscoe turns out to be everything you think he is, but Williams or Benn would have to get hurt for him to see any significant playing time this season.

Where are you even getting most of that?  Who said significant playing time?  I said I expected at most that this week both him and Parker could be active.  Yes he's played special teams.  Yes he's willing to do it again why wouldn't he?  Stovall the master gunner with zero tackles.  Parker was used plenty to run block and run routes.  He wasn't used like you say.  You have yet to show me how Stovall makes sense when his ST impact before today was nil and now isn't much better.  If you don't give a guy the chance he can't make a play.  Stovall has shown what he brings to the table Briscoe hasn't and can you honestly say Stovall has a better chance on ending up on a final roster next season over him?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#84 : November 15, 2010, 12:04:58 AM

Stovall and Mack shouldn't be on the roster. No clue how they're still here. Mack has been terrible dating back to last year. Stovall just can't stay on the field.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#85 : November 15, 2010, 01:23:56 PM

can you honestly say Stovall has a better chance on ending up on a final roster next season over him?

Zero.  I'm not arguing any of that.  What seems to be evading you is that Briscoe wouldn't even see the field as a WR, even if he was active.  Stovall has been on the field for all of 6 passing plays this season.  You're getting upset over nothing,

Briscoe evidently doesn't bring much to the table in the Special Teams department, or he would already be on the team and playing.  I know that's hard for you to believe, but that's where logic leads since Preston Parker is on the team and getting action in the slot and Special Teams..

Let's say they cut Stovall tomorrow and activate Briscoe.  What WR option do you think Briscoe would be on Sunday?
: November 16, 2010, 05:03:13 PM PR Patrol

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#86 : November 15, 2010, 01:39:36 PM

to the original point of the thread, its always been said for Tampa to really get over the top you need a QB and an UT.  well low and behold Dominik gave us that immediately.  add to it, it looks as though he has nailed some late round picks as well.  morris is actually winning games with a huge number of rookies and second year players, which is surprising everyone.   its early in their run, but hats off to MD and RM.  the future looks amazingly bright.
: November 16, 2010, 05:03:29 PM PR Patrol

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

DiSalvo

Starter

#87 : November 15, 2010, 02:28:39 PM

I'm one of the biggest doubters of Radio and Dumbinik there is , but I'm starting to become a believer. How can you question them when they are taking a team as talentless as this , and have them at 6-3 ???

You can't.
: November 16, 2010, 05:03:53 PM PR Patrol

smove28

Starter

#88 : November 15, 2010, 02:51:36 PM

bashear wrote:

It's fun for most of us. But for some, it's extremely tough to watch. They can't admit to being wrong. And they'll do everything they can to try to point out every negative imaginable. Or, like one jackazz poster does, they'll try to distract your attention from the excitement of this year and point out how scary things will be with a tougher schedule next year.

Absolutely, right. Tampa fans had a right to doubt the Morris hire. But to not enjoy what you are seeing out of this team because you are waiting to say "i told you so" points to a very serious character flaw that is deeper than football.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#89 : November 15, 2010, 02:58:10 PM

How great is the ignore feature.. :)
: November 16, 2010, 05:04:10 PM PR Patrol
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any doubts about MD and RM should be erased « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools