Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why does caddy do that weird high leg kick when he accelerates « previous next »
Page: 1

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

: November 15, 2010, 06:36:49 PM

seems like it slows him down more than speed up. hes not very fast, i mean, the guy trys his hardest to make his legs go faster, but he can barely outrun a linebacker. he almost broke out if he accelerated normally on sunday, but he all of a sudden high kicked and got tackled.

seems odd.
------------------------------------------

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 15, 2010, 06:39:01 PM

Because that's how he runs?

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 15, 2010, 06:45:44 PM

Stephen Jackson does the same thing. I think they use the highstep to slow down and change direction. Not every player can change direction on a dime like CJ or Bush.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 15, 2010, 06:46:45 PM

Some people do that to avoid an ankle tap. The cons outweigh the pros in my opinion but I have seen people do it in Rugby as well for the same reason.

Chaos

Starter
#4 : November 15, 2010, 06:58:24 PM

If you go back and watch the Carolina game when he blew out his knee you will see him do it right before he gets hit and then the knee goes!!  Every time I see him do that move I close my eyes, lol, It's just one of those things that he doesn and has no explination for.  i think it slows him down!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 15, 2010, 06:58:59 PM

Stephen Jackson does the same thing.

As did Walter Payton
-------------------------------------------------------

Will -10- be enuff?

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 15, 2010, 07:03:42 PM

The point is to slow down in some cases and then change direction. He blew out his knee after planting the foot and trying to absorb a hit with his shoulder.

@Hate, yeah man, a few of the greats used the same move. Sometimes as a chop step to slow down and sometimes as a way to break shoestring tackles. Caddy is just trying to make something happen. I hope he stays a 3rd down/change of pace back, he's a lot more effective in that role.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 15, 2010, 07:17:00 PM

Payton did it because -- in his words -- he wasn't fast enough to outrun anyone.  He used it to throw off pursuit angles.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 15, 2010, 07:28:43 PM

He used it to throw off pursuit angles

Bingo!!!

Will -10- be enuff?

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 15, 2010, 07:35:58 PM

Very good point. The high step makes DBs wary because you can change direction out of it more easily. This was a move used before RBs became so agileZ Eric **CENSORED**erson also used the high step in this manner.

chad1336

Starter

#10 : November 16, 2010, 10:22:30 AM

Very good point. The high step makes DBs wary because you can change direction out of it more easily. This was a move used before RBs became so agileZ Eric **CENSORED**erson also used the high step in this manner.

That's funny how **CENSORED**erson's name gets censored.

vic mackie

Rookie

#11 : November 16, 2010, 02:11:11 PM

Cadillac is one of the slowest running backs in the NFL. DL can catch him from behind.

k_bassuka1

Rookie

#12 : November 16, 2010, 03:42:30 PM

Because he plays football and you don't.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why does caddy do that weird high leg kick when he accelerates « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools