Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs on the board. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

youngone

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 20, 2010, 06:21:37 PM

I'd want allen Bailey. He plays like a monster

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 20, 2010, 07:17:49 PM

You grade out ALL the players in the draft and give them a grade 1-100 (Suh would have been a 99.9) then you multiply the grade by a need coefficient- DE=0.9 MLB=0.85...QB= 0.4 Kicker= 0.1, then when your pick is up you look at the highest remaining players and weigh how many at the same position seem likely to be available next round and make your pick based on those factors.

In other words you get the BPA adjusted by need. If an 83 DE and an 83 WR are available take the DE, but if a 95 WR is there and only a 80 DE, take the WR, you can always trade him if nothing else. (and the only WRs I'd grade at a 95 the last few years were Andre Johnson and Megatron). You also have to look at the position drop-off, if an 85 OG is available and an 84 MLB, but you think in the next round there will be 6 or 7 80-82 OGs but the next best MLB is a <70, take the MLB. Those drop-offs seem most sever among QBs, DEs, DTs, and CBs.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 20, 2010, 07:21:08 PM

There could be value at safety.
there should be good value at S in the 2nd and possibly the 3rd.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 20, 2010, 07:24:41 PM

I love S McDaniel out of Clemson and I think he is going to be stud but he will probably go early second. Hoping we can trade up and possibly get him.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 20, 2010, 07:46:59 PM

History says our best safety ever was a 3rd round pick, we got a really good safety in R4, and Grimm is looking very good as a 7th. It is a position known for late round value. I'd rather have the best/2nd or 3rd best MLB than the 2nd or 3rd best FS. We need a great MLB, we just need a better Safety. With Talib at CB and hopefully  Biggers/Lewis improve/develop there is not a lot of slack the safety needs to pickup-especially if we can finally get a pass rush going.

smove28

Starter

#20 : November 20, 2010, 08:36:59 PM

I don't normally don't talk draft this early but I just watched Iowa play Ohio State and Iowa's DE Claibourne is now on my wish list. this kid a beast and he has a great motor. Very solid DE to get if he stays around for us.

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

#21 : November 20, 2010, 08:40:48 PM

Adrian Clayborn was ALOT better last year..
I think he doesnt want to be injured so hes not playing fully.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 20, 2010, 08:50:07 PM

Oklahoma has a few players who could fit nicely on the Bucs -- they're on ESPN2 right now. Travis Lewis -- OLB // Projected: Top 20 (considered best OLB by many) | Jeremy Beal -- DE // Projected: 1st-2nd | DeMarco Murray -- RB // Projected 2nd.

I also think Baylor has a OT that's projected in the 3rd-ish, can't recall his name.

bucshot420

Starter

#23 : November 21, 2010, 12:41:55 AM

DE rd 1 if no quality DE available look at MLB then if still nothing trade down for more picks

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#24 : November 21, 2010, 01:36:43 AM

My Top 5 DEs right now:

Bowers, Clemson True Jr
Quinn, UNC True Jr
Aldon Smith, Missouri RS Soph
Clayborn, Iowa
Kerrigan, Purdue

We need to get a quick twitch RE to help the DL make the next jump to greatness. I am confident MD will make the necessary moves to acquire one, be it through the draft or through FA (Kiwanuka, maybe?)

The quest for .500 begins...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs on the board. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools