Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cam Newton scandal; Could Auburn's season be forfeited? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #15 : November 29, 2010, 12:07:45 PM »

This part isn't but the Pay for Play part is a lot worse ... Has that gone away?

The pay-for-play issue hasn't been brought up with Florida, that's mainly an Miss St./Auburn issue.  In fact, Newton's dad reportedly said "it ain't going to be free this time", meaning it was the first time with Florida.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #16 : November 29, 2010, 12:11:54 PM »

This part isn't but the Pay for Play part is a lot worse ... Has that gone away?

The pay-for-play issue hasn't been brought up with Florida, that's mainly an Miss St./Auburn issue.  In fact, Newton's dad reportedly said "it ain't going to be free this time", meaning it was the first time with Florida.
On another note, it'll be interesting to see what comes of Newton's playing for free while he was at UF.  Afterall, we all know what the NCAA does to teams who don't pay guys who then go to other schools and get paid.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #17 : November 30, 2010, 06:59:50 PM »

Can you guys entertain me and spin a positive out of your classless Gator team trashing the locker room at Doak after Saturdays blowout loss to an average FSU team?

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #18 : November 30, 2010, 07:02:35 PM »

You can't really tell me that I'm "reaching" on a story that hasn't even materialized.  We don't know ANY details.  You're the one that's "reaching" in making any conclusions.

All I said originally was "it'll be interesting to see what comes of Newton's cheating while he was at UF"...

You also said "we all know what the NCAA does to teams who play guys who've cheated in school."  Everybody know what you're implying.

And you are reaching based on the details that have been reported:

He first violated Florida’s student honor code by cheating in a class during his freshman year, according to the source.

Newton was arrested for the theft of a laptop from a Florida student’s dorm room in November 2008. He again violated the university’s honor code by putting his name on another student’s paper and turning it in, according to the source. Newton was caught after the instructor asked the real author of the paper why he had not turned in his work, the source said.

According to the source, after the student said he had turned in a paper, he and the instructor went through all the submissions and discovered that Newton had put his name on the paper in question.

Newton subsequently turned in a second paper to the instructor, but it was later found to have been purchased off the Internet, according to the source. The source said Newton was to appear for a hearing in front of Florida’s Student Conduct Committee during the spring semester of 2009 but instead transferred to Blinn College.

The committee could have levied sanctions against Newton that included suspension and expulsion from the university.

“He knew that he was facing a bad outcome,” the source said.

This is nothing like FSU's cheating scandal that involved the Athletic Department.

You're still just speculating like I was.  Do we know who this other "student" was?  Maybe he/she was connected to the football program.  We'll never know, will we?

And you can't say for sure that it wasn't involved with the Athletic Department.  Just like I can't.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #19 : November 30, 2010, 07:03:14 PM »

Florida State says Florida players did not trash locker room

After Florida State's 31-7 victory over Florida on Saturday, a web site reported that Florida players had trashed the visiting locker room at Doak Campbell Stadium.

On Tuesday, however, an official in the Florida State athletics department said the locker room was in no worse shape than it normally is after a game, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

"To make it clear they did not trash the locker room in any way," Rob Wilson said.

Florida officials had maintained that the football team had not left any damage behind after the loss.

"Our equipment staff checked with their equipment staff today and they said there was nothing out of the ordinary," said Florida spokesman Steve McClain.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/11/florida-state-florida-football-locker-room-/1

Any other unsubstantiated rumors we need to clear up?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #20 : November 30, 2010, 07:07:20 PM »

Florida State says Florida players did not trash locker room

After Florida State's 31-7 victory over Florida on Saturday, a web site reported that Florida players had trashed the visiting locker room at Doak Campbell Stadium.

On Tuesday, however, an official in the Florida State athletics department said the locker room was in no worse shape than it normally is after a game, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

"To make it clear they did not trash the locker room in any way," Rob Wilson said.

Florida officials had maintained that the football team had not left any damage behind after the loss.

"Our equipment staff checked with their equipment staff today and they said there was nothing out of the ordinary," said Florida spokesman Steve McClain.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/11/florida-state-florida-football-locker-room-/1

Any other unsubstantiated rumors we need to clear up?

Sure.  Is the part about being blown out by an average FSU team still true?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #21 : November 30, 2010, 07:59:05 PM »

You can't really tell me that I'm "reaching" on a story that hasn't even materialized.  We don't know ANY details.  You're the one that's "reaching" in making any conclusions.

All I said originally was "it'll be interesting to see what comes of Newton's cheating while he was at UF"...

You also said "we all know what the NCAA does to teams who play guys who've cheated in school."  Everybody know what you're implying.

He first violated Florida’s student honor code by cheating in a class during his freshman year, according to the source.

Newton was arrested for the theft of a laptop from a Florida student’s dorm room in November 2008. He again violated the university’s honor code by putting his name on another student’s paper and turning it in, according to the source. Newton was caught after the instructor asked the real author of the paper why he had not turned in his work, the source said.

According to the source, after the student said he had turned in a paper, he and the instructor went through all the submissions and discovered that Newton had put his name on the paper in question.

Newton subsequently turned in a second paper to the instructor, but it was later found to have been purchased off the Internet, according to the source. The source said Newton was to appear for a hearing in front of Florida’s Student Conduct Committee during the spring semester of 2009 but instead transferred to Blinn College.

The committee could have levied sanctions against Newton that included suspension and expulsion from the university.

This is nothing like FSU's cheating scandal that involved the Athletic Department.

You're still just speculating like I was.  Do we know who this other "student" was?  Maybe he/she was connected to the football program.  We'll never know, will we?

And you can't say for sure that it wasn't involved with the Athletic Department.  Just like I can't.

You're right.  The athletic department instructed Cam to steal a fellow students paper, erase his name, and turn it in as his own.  Then, the athletic department gave Cam the name of website where you can buy papers online.  Clearly, you're made up speculation is equivalent to the reports that have come out on the situation.

What I can say is this wasn't a systematic cheating scandal that involved the Athletic Department like was the case in Tally.  There have zero rumors, reports, or facts that have mentioned the athletic department even remotely being involved, except for some whining Seminole fans.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

« #22 : December 01, 2010, 01:58:41 PM »

Cam Newton was ruled eligible based on this justification.  There is no proof that he knew about it.  They have proof that the did and the agent did look for money, but they didn't have proof that Cam knew about it.  This is the biggest joke that the NCAA has ever done.  They just sanctified pay-for-play athletes.  Completely absurd.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #23 : December 01, 2010, 02:12:45 PM »

You're right.  The athletic department instructed Cam to steal a fellow students paper, erase his name, and turn it in as his own.  Then, the athletic department gave Cam the name of website where you can buy papers online.  Clearly, you're made up speculation is equivalent to the reports that have come out on the situation.

What I can say is this wasn't a systematic cheating scandal that involved the Athletic Department like was the case in Tally.  There have zero rumors, reports, or facts that have mentioned the athletic department even remotely being involved, except for some whining Seminole fans.

You're making it much more complicated than it has to be.

Its as simple as someone in the athletic department possibly helping him cheat.  That's pretty simple to do.

Whining Seminole fans?  I think a 31-7 beat down from an average FSU team cleared up any whining for awhile.

You UF fans are pretty uptight.  Relax. 

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #24 : December 01, 2010, 02:13:47 PM »

Cam Newton was ruled eligible based on this justification.  There is no proof that he knew about it.  They have proof that the did and the agent did look for money, but they didn't have proof that Cam knew about it.  This is the biggest joke that the NCAA has ever done.  They just sanctified pay-for-play athletes.  Completely absurd.

Because they NEED Auburn in that title game.   No one wants to watch TCU play Oregon for the national title.

The NCAA is more crooked than the government.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 01, 2010, 03:54:23 PM »

Because they NEED Auburn in that title game.   No one wants to watch TCU play Oregon for the national title.

The NCAA is more crooked than the government.
This we can agree on. The NCAA never takes down programs while they're on top.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #26 : December 01, 2010, 04:24:43 PM »

Its as simple as someone in the athletic department possibly helping him cheat.  That's pretty simple to do.

Whining Seminole fans?  I think a 31-7 beat down from an average FSU team cleared up any whining for awhile.

And you're still the one who is reaching and speculating.  I'm dealing with the reports that have been given, while you are making stuff up.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #27 : December 01, 2010, 07:30:30 PM »

And you're still the one who is reaching and speculating.  I'm dealing with the reports that have been given, while you are making stuff up.

Wrong again.  We're BOTH speculating. 

We have no idea who the student is that Newton got the 1st paper from.  Neither of us can say either way if they were involved in with the athletic department or not.  The reports out there say nothing either way.

I'm not accusing UF of anything.  Just throwing the possibility out there. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #28 : December 01, 2010, 07:36:12 PM »

Wrong again.  We're BOTH speculating. 

You crack me up.  I haven't speculating about anything.  I've shown you the actual reports.  I don't have to make anything up.  You, on the other hand, are clearly making things up and speculating.

You keep holding out hope that I've speculated about anything if that makes you feel better.  All I've don't is post the reports without offering any speculation.

Just throwing the possibility out there.

Right.  Speculating.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #29 : December 01, 2010, 09:37:51 PM »

Has anyone considered that Jimbo Fisher may be behind Wikileaks? Until someone can say he for sure isn't involved, I just can't rule it out.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cam Newton scandal; Could Auburn's season be forfeited? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools