Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: DT OKAM PROMOTED FROM PRACTICE SQUAD « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 24, 2010, 02:13:49 PM

Change that to this for goals line.

DE: McCoy
DT: Okam
DT: Woods
DE: Magee

That's a giant line.
: November 24, 2010, 02:17:12 PM Bucs N Beers

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

GameManager

Starter

#16 : November 24, 2010, 02:15:12 PM

MANIMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tampa Tri-force!!!!!!!!

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 24, 2010, 02:21:58 PM

Everyone keeps giving Dominik credit for finding all these "gems" but none of these guys ever did anything on the teams they came from. Ever consider giving all the Bucs coaches a little credit for coaching all these guys up and preparing them to play in the NFL?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 24, 2010, 02:23:56 PM

Change that to this for goals line.

DE: McCoy
DT: Okam
DT: Woods
DE: Magee

That's a giant line.

Is it possible for a team to have a negative sack total for a game?

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 24, 2010, 02:24:18 PM

man thats making my day, the D-line is evolving right before our eyes and right on time for the second half of the season, now bring up Brisco !! 

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 24, 2010, 02:28:01 PM

man thats making my day, the D-line is evolving right before our eyes and right on time for the second half of the season, now bring up Brisco !!

There's already 6 receivers on the active roster, which is 1 too many. Bringing up Briscoe just ain't gonna happen barring injury.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 24, 2010, 02:31:22 PM

Everyone keeps giving Dominik credit for finding all these "gems" but none of these guys ever did anything on the teams they came from. Ever consider giving all the Bucs coaches a little credit for coaching all these guys up and preparing them to play in the NFL?

Magee and Okam are the only "gems" that Dominik has found on other teams that did not really contribute for their teams this year. Everyone is applauding the fact he went out and got guys like Woods, Briscoe, McKenzie,Larsen, Carter, Blount, etc. The Bucs have a very good Gm who can spot possible diamonds in the rough. ( He did find Penn ) I think the Bucs coaching staff has some nice young coaches who help a lot. Yarber has become one of my favorites as well as Van Pelt. Before this season we could not have even guessed who these guys were. The very fact that we were trusting a Bills Quarterback coach with our Franchise QB was scary but it has turned out really well. The Bucs have a lot of young talent and thats what we need. We have such an amazing core of players that just remind me of 94/95/96 all over again. Its the rebuilding of the Franchise. We got ourselves a young group going.

Lynch - Cody Grimm
Sapp - Gerald McCoy
Brooks - Geno Hayes/ Dekoda Watson
Barber - Talib
Booger - Brian Price
Alstott - Lorig

I mean the list is starting to grow. I am not saying any of those guys will be able to fit the shoes of them but you have to admit that its starting to shape up a lot better then it ever did during the Gruden era. I thought Dennis Hickey was the problem with the bucs drafting....it was just Bruce Allen as usual. Look at what he has done to that Redskins roster...filled it with over the hill players and crappy mid round picks....undrafted talent kind of guys. SO glad we got rid of him. He was more of a problem then anyone in this franchise.
: November 24, 2010, 02:35:16 PM NavyBuc19

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 24, 2010, 02:33:47 PM

Most of the guys being discussed in that fashion were either late round picks by the Bucs or players that never really played in the NFL for another team.  Guys like Blount, Larsen, and Woods were mainly released (or plucked) from Ten, NE, & Pit because those units (RB, OL & DL respectively) were strong.  Okam would be the first guy who falls in the category you are describing, since he's been on two other NFL teams in his short career.

You are correct though, in that the coaches also deserve credit for getting the most out of these "gems."  And Okam may or may not be one of those gems.  It's a little early to use that term on him yet.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 24, 2010, 02:38:47 PM

The problem with Okam as many have said was not that he wasn't athletically gifted enough to play the position, it was the lack of effort and drive that the man has. I am slowly warming up to Raheem but I think if there is any coach in the NFL that can get the most out of a player and one who can relate to his players, its Raheem. I have full confidence in him taht he can get this man to play like a beast. I think the Bucs have a player who was considered a top 5 pick in college and that talent just didnt disappear. The player needs to want it...and I think if Raheem can get Okam to play up to his full potential...we are looking at probably one of the deepest DT rotation in the league.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 24, 2010, 03:41:39 PM

One could argue it is a player's league a helluva lot easier than overcoming all of a sudden the Dline coach and DC are getting it done now - after all of last year and up to now this year.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#25 : November 24, 2010, 04:05:38 PM

When Price comes back, who goes?  Looks like Okam may turn into our "Big Beef" on running downs with Price in on 3rd downs...that doesn't leave alot of snaps for the others besides gibing those guys breathers.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 24, 2010, 05:57:31 PM

When Price comes back, who goes?

There are 10 months until that question has to be answered.  Let's see if Okam can be productive first...

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 26, 2010, 10:35:17 AM

Morris indicated in one of his recent pressers that he didn't want to lose Okam.

Seattle was sniffing around ...   

Always like the big, fast guys in the middle of the dline.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: DT OKAM PROMOTED FROM PRACTICE SQUAD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools