Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carson Palmer « previous next »
Page: 1

-ts

Hall of Famer
: November 25, 2010, 11:33:46 PM

How much longer is this guy going to make it based on what he did a few years ago. Good god he is awful on some days. He has had so many wide open guys during tonight's game he has missed. If you have an offense with 2 perennial pro bowl receivers, a solid slot receiver, a good TE, and a very good running back and you struggle to put points on the board consistently that's a bit of a problem.

IMO this is his last year as the starter in cincy.

Now I'm not going to completely blame that teams failure on him bc the coaching and defense have been pathetic. However the guy is so incredibly overrated.

GameManager

Starter

#1 : November 25, 2010, 11:36:24 PM

At this point, the Bengals better hope they get the first overall pick and that Andrew Luck declares because Palmer's not getting it done anymore and I'm not sold on Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett.

The Tampa Tri-force!!!!!!!!

mattyd1521

Second String
#2 : November 25, 2010, 11:46:22 PM

It is time for the Bengals to move on because Palmer cleary isn't the quarterback he once was. That elbow injury did him in. Watching him now he is nowhere near the Quarterback he was from 2005-2007.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 25, 2010, 11:49:20 PM

At this point, the Bengals better hope they get the first overall pick and that Andrew Luck declares because Palmer's not getting it done anymore and I'm not sold on Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett.

Agree......Jake was such a hot prospect but has really stunk it up this season.  Palmer had the  injury a couple years ago and has never been the same since.  I think the Bills or the Panthers win that race to numero uno draft choice.

GameManager

Starter

#4 : November 25, 2010, 11:50:44 PM

Just out of curiousity, do you guys consider Carson Palmer a bust? I do. It's not like he completely bombed out of the league like Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, or Jamarcus Russell but as a top overall pick, you'd expect him to be a franchise QB for years to come but he only had a few good years, suffered some serious injuries, and is now playing like garbage.

GameManager

Starter

#5 : November 25, 2010, 11:54:48 PM

Agree......Jake was such a hot prospect but has really stunk it up this season.  Palmer had the  injury a couple years ago and has never been the same since.  I think the Bills or the Panthers win that race to numero uno draft choice.
Yeah, if the Panthers maintain the top overall pick and Luck declares, I wonder if they take him or pass him up since they took Clausen this year and have hopes for him. With Fox out and a new coach in, they may decide they want Luck but I think he most likely ends up with the Bills. That is assuming he declares for the 2011 Draft.

delanno25

Second String
#6 : November 26, 2010, 02:19:32 AM

I've said for a while now that Carson Palmer isn't that good of a QB, of course not on here but to all of my friends at work. Ever since that playoff game where he suffered that serious injury, he hasn't been the same QB, his skills are steadily eroding especially his arm strength. I wouldn't suddenly write him off just yet, I'd give him another year to try and get his act together, if he can't then they must move on.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 26, 2010, 02:58:09 AM

They don't have a run game this year, Benson has been terrible. Palmer had a few good years, but I think you can still call him a bust considering he has never been consistent throughout his career. He looked like a rookie today, why throwing into triple coverage in the endzone? Marvin Lewis's time in Cincy is about up IMO. I wouldn't mind him as a Defensive coach.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 26, 2010, 07:47:39 AM

and dude is making over $15 mil this yr. He should collect his paycheck with a ski mask on.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 26, 2010, 10:08:04 AM

Just out of curiousity, do you guys consider Carson Palmer a bust?

No.  He was on his way to being an all-world QB.  After that injury to his knee against the Steelers in 2006, he hasn't been the same guy.  The drop-off has been steep.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carson Palmer « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools