Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unmitigated disater « previous next »
Page: 1 2

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
: November 27, 2010, 06:55:06 PM

That's how I'd describe the University of Florida season.

Congrats to FSU and particularly Chris Ponder for driving that final nail in UF's coffin. Ponder was sharp and accurate, and Thompson was a beast. But 3 fumbles lost and an INT certainly helped.
But the Noles should give a game ball to Meyer and Addazio. Their idiotic 3 headed QB monster probably contributed as much as anything. How do you have 2 different QBs try to run it and lose yards then have Brantley come in on 3rd and 12, ice cold, go get boy. 3 QBs means NO ONE IS THE LEADER. How many times did look completely confused as 1 QB is in the shotgun while another tries to adjust protection???

One play summed up Florida's entire season, Trailing 7-31 with 7:31 left on the 48, what does UF do on 4th down? PUNT!!! You're down by 24 AND YOU'RE PUNTING?? What the Frack?

FSU has vastly improved with a very young team by going with a new HC, and bringing in a great DC.

Florida has vastly declined since losing a good OC and a great DC. The D has been ok, but as long as Adazzio is OC they will NEVER win more than 8 games. UF might as well have Jeff Bowden calling the O.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 27, 2010, 07:15:52 PM

Florida has vastly declined since losing a good OC and a great DC. The D has been ok, but as long as Adazzio is OC they will NEVER win more than 8 games. UF might as well have Jeff Bowden calling the O.

When you have an amazing player like Tebow, all is good.  But when a guy like that leaves, one can only go down.

For the sake of UF's fans, let's hope its temporary.

Now UF knows what its like to win big and then lose your key assistant coaches.... much like FSU did after their 90's run.

And again... let's hope for your sake you only have ONE "Jeff Bowden" on your road to recovery.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 27, 2010, 07:32:00 PM

That's honestly the least talented FSU team I've ever seen and they won by 24 points. Just pathetic.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 27, 2010, 09:19:23 PM

One play summed up Florida's entire season, Trailing 7-31 with 7:31 left on the 48, what does UF do on 4th down? PUNT!!! You're down by 24 AND YOU'RE PUNTING?? What the Frack?

Shoot, by that time I was already laughing and numb to the loss.

My favorite was right before halftime.  Florida gets the ball at their own 20 yard line with 2:47 remaining in the half.  Jordan Reed leads the team down the field 60 yards in 1:41 seconds.  A timeout is called at 1:06, and then they put Brantley in there to immediately throw an interception.  If they put the ball in the EZ there, it's 24-14 at the half and UF gets the ball first.  That decision completely changed the outcome of the game.  Absolutely awful coaching on the offensive side of the ball.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 28, 2010, 01:06:27 AM

UF is killing all of those QB's.

That offense is a complete joke.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 28, 2010, 12:15:27 PM

It was reported there were over 100 recruits at the game watching Coach Addazio's quick-strike offense.  That has to be an easy sell...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 28, 2010, 12:31:04 PM

call me naive, but i think it has less to do with the talents of our coordinators and more to do with the handling of our players.  now i dont think addazio is worth anything as a playcaller, but more problems imo stem from personnel issues.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 28, 2010, 02:46:50 PM

call me naive, but i think it has less to do with the talents of our coordinators and more to do with the handling of our players.  now i dont think addazio is worth anything as a playcaller, but more problems imo stem from personnel issues.

I agree on that point as well, but Addazio's gameplan and playcalling has been an issue since last season - even with Tebow.  I noticed it right away in Addazio's first big game vs. Tennessee in 2009.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 28, 2010, 03:25:13 PM

No doubt that mishandling personnel is problem one. First trying to use an immobile drop back passer in a spread option role was idiotic. Then going to a 3 QB set with no one really in charge just made things worse. But why stick with a run heavy/short pass system when you're down by 17 or 24 is just stupid. you have to chuck it down field in the 2nd half.

When you have an amazing player like Tebow, all is good.  But when a guy like that leaves, one can only go down.

Going down would be losing 2-3 games, losing 5 is crashing and burning. And it wasn't losing just Tebow, they also lost Aaron Hernadez, Riley Cooper, and M. Pouncey on O and Joe Haden (although the secondary is UF's best unit), Dunlap and Cunningham (who is starting for NE-1 sack 2FF 1 pass batted), Spikes (also starting). In fact they lost 4 guys that are currently STARTERS in the NFL, and 3 others that have found NFL endzones (Hernandez-3 TDs, Cooper-1, Tebow-2).

BUT UF's offensive problems started LAST YEAR when Tebow was still here. The offense went from lots of big plays in 08 to boring as hell in 09. They went from a team that smoked Bama's vaunted D to a team that couldn't find the EZ.. In 2008 UF averaged 46.3pts/game, in 09 that dropped to 35.9pts/gm, that an 11pt/game drop. We went from the 4th best scoring O in '08 to the 20th scoring O in '09-both with Tebow.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 29, 2010, 10:22:41 AM

The problems are as such:

1. The coaches only know how to run one kind of offense. The quarterback entrusted to run that offense isn't a fit for that offense and very possibly isn't a fit for any offense. He looks like Brock Berlin to me.
2. The 2008 and 2009 recruiting classes are looking like duds. When Florida was 'down' in 2007, you could see they had talent from the 2006 and 2007 classes that just needed time to develop. I don't see anything close to that kind of talent right now.
3. The team has no discipline and plays with no edge and no fear of the head coach jumping their butts if they make a mistake. They look like the Wade Phillips Cowboys.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 30, 2010, 03:44:42 PM

2. The 2008 and 2009 recruiting classes are looking like duds. When Florida was 'down' in 2007, you could see they had talent from the 2006 and 2007 classes that just needed time to develop. I don't see anything close to that kind of talent right now.
3. The team has no discipline and plays with no edge and no fear of the head coach jumping their butts if they make a mistake. They look like the Wade Phillips Cowboys.

I don't agree with 2 or 3.

The 2008 class brought in superstars Janoris Jenkins and Jeff Demps, and other players that have been very important are Will Hill and Omar Hunter.  Matt Patchan and Brendan Beal are very good players that injuries have slowed down.
The 2009 class is a little too early to evaluate right now, but Jon Bostic, Jelani Jenkins, Andre Debose, Xavier Nixon, Josh Evans, Mike Gillislee, and Jordan Reed all look to be very good CFB players.  They all don't appear to be used in the proper capacity.

All of the young guys on the defensive side of the ball have played pretty well.  The offense has just put the defense in far too many bad situations.

I'm not sure how to argue against #3, but I haven't seen that as a problem.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 30, 2010, 03:46:23 PM

BTW, defensive line coach Dan McCarney has left to be the HC at North Texas.  The Gators have already had one top-recruit de-commit because of it, supposedly.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 30, 2010, 05:18:17 PM

The 2008 class brought in superstars Janoris Jenkins and Jeff Demps, and other players that have been very important are Will Hill and Omar Hunter.  Matt Patchan and Brendan Beal are very good players that injuries have slowed down.
The 2009 class is a little too early to evaluate right now, but Jon Bostic, Jelani Jenkins, Andre Debose, Xavier Nixon, Josh Evans, Mike Gillislee, and Jordan Reed all look to be very good CFB players.  They all don't appear to be used in the proper capacity.

All of the young guys on the defensive side of the ball have played pretty well.  The offense has just put the defense in far too many bad situations.

Look at the 2006 and 2007 classes and tell me the difference.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 30, 2010, 05:53:48 PM

Look at the 2006 and 2007 classes and tell me the difference.

You'll get no argument from me that  '06/'07 was better than '08/'09.  But Florida's '06/'07 classes were two of the best classes in recent CFB history.  That doesn't mean '08/'09 are "duds".

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 30, 2010, 06:22:05 PM

It's all relative. They're duds for a program that tries to maintain top 5 national position. The 06/07 classes weren't just better, they were ridiculously better. By the end of the 2008 season, you knew the 06/07 classes were going to produce at least 11 NFL players, and that's not even counting some of the late bloomers like Riley Cooper nor a special teams only guy like Brandon James. At the end of the 2010 season, I can only see 1 legitimate NFL player from the 08/09 classes (Ja. Jenkins). By comparison the 2008 Alabama class produced 6, maybe 7, real NFL players by itself. Not hard to see how you can fall behind that quickly.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unmitigated disater « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools