Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 0-4 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 28, 2010, 08:25:34 PM

We all know the team isn't at the finish line. Last year we were the bad team the mid level teams beat up on. This year we're the mid level team that beats up on the bad teams. The first half of the year we got smoked by the good teams. Now we're reasonably competitive with the good teams. Hopefully next year we'll win a few against the good teams. That's the way it works when you start from ground zero. I don't see why people expect differently.

Voice of reason, thanks FRG.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 28, 2010, 08:25:51 PM

I think the "good news" here is that our defense was pretty sad early in the season and the offense was carrying the load. Now we've got the defense playing better and, shock, the offense struggled vs BAL like a lot of folks will.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 28, 2010, 08:25:57 PM

Record against winning teams.

It looks like a different Bucs team is out there when they face a team over .500. The offensive line falls apart, and Freeman struggles. Obviously you expect some drop-off in production when you play better teams, but the difference with this team is night and day. When they play the Steelers, Ravens, or Saints, at times the Bucs looked like they didnt even belong in the same league.

Forget about the DL. We need to draft OL early and often. It sucks.

This is Baltimore's last 8 home games. That's a whole season's worth if you do not happen to be proficient at math. Do you see a pattern here? Maybe the sky isn't falling.

TB 10 @ BAL 17
MIA 10 @ BAL 26
BUF 34 @ BAL 37
DEN 17 @ BAL 31
CLE 17 @ BAL 24
CHI 7 @ BAL 31
DET 3 @ BAL 48
PIT 17 @ BAL 20

shawn731

Starter

#18 : November 28, 2010, 08:30:13 PM

This is a really young team.  And we lack experience.  You could look at our loses and say we lost to winning teams but that hardly paints an accurate picture. Todays game and the Atl game was much closer than our record suggests.  But anyway we're a young team.  Give us a couple of years and we should pull out wins.  All the teams we lost to are established teams playing with chemisrty.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 28, 2010, 08:32:10 PM

Damn, CD, I didn't realize how strong their O was  before this game.

And Dalbuc's post wrapped it up in a nutshell.

Our 22 year old QB was befuddled by a very good Raven's D. Not shocking.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 28, 2010, 08:39:26 PM

Well, Jeff Garcia was old and banged up and Monte had announced he was going to...Oh, this isn't about the Gruden-coached Bucs going 0-4 in December of 2008?  My bad.

Good thing this year's team in 7-4 and competing for a playoff spot.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#21 : November 28, 2010, 08:42:30 PM

Oh, the Gruden excuse. Sure wasn't expecting that.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 28, 2010, 08:46:09 PM

What, I thought you liked when people "post facts"?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 28, 2010, 08:50:22 PM

The Bucs are 0-4 against teams with a winning record. But stating that undeniable fact causes the poster to be attacked.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 28, 2010, 08:52:39 PM

The Bucs are 0-4 against teams with a winning record.

I'm pretty sure just posting that fact wouldn't have resulted in any attacks

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#25 : November 28, 2010, 08:54:58 PM

Only "facts" that support an obvious agenda. I wonder what it's like to be so closed minded.... On second thought, no I don't.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 28, 2010, 08:55:21 PM

Posting that fact is as useful as posting "The Bucs play their home games @ Raymond James Stadium."

It's something everybody knows and doesn't add to any conversations.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 28, 2010, 08:56:11 PM

The Bucs are 0-4 against teams with a winning record. But stating that undeniable fact causes the poster to be attacked.

I posted an undeniable fact as well, but that didn't stop you from whining about it.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 28, 2010, 08:58:24 PM

Only "facts" that support an obvious agenda. I wonder what it's like to be so closed minded.... On second thought, no I don't.

"Facts that support an obvious agenda" did you say? Posting something that happened years ago and has nothing at all to do with the topic at hand doesn't qualify as supporting an obvious agenda to you? No, there's no need at all for you to wonder what it's like to be closed minded.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 28, 2010, 09:02:56 PM

What exactly is my obvious agenda?

Wait, I take that back.  I do have an obvious agenda, and that's to point out Cyberdude's obvious agenda.  Illuminator just came along for the ride since Gruden was mentioned.  Gruden is Illuminator-nip

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 0-4 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools