Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 0-4 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

BuccaNova

Starter
#60 : November 29, 2010, 11:37:41 AM

Its not being miserable. It's called being a realist.

It's called dwelling on the gray lining and ignoring the silver cloud. 

Put this team with an average NFL schedule and they will be lucky to finish with 6 wins. That's where most people thought they were at before the season started and it appears that is exactly where they are in terms of development.

I see that the preseason negative nancy predictions we were seeing all over of 2-14 or 3-13 ... or the occasional extreme trollery of 0-16... has been revised upward again.  We win a few more and the troll posts will begin, "We'll be lucky to get to the10 wins everyone expected the team to get...."   You work for the government?

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#61 : November 30, 2010, 11:23:47 AM

Hey Cyberdude can you tell me the last big free agent that the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Chargers, Eagles, or Titans have signed??? I use those 6 teams because they have been 6 of the top teams the last 5 or so seasons. Now I can bring up a list of the teams that had the most free agents and that list is bunch of bad teams or teams that had 1 season of success followed by falling on their face. No consistent success. So tell me cyberdude why do you think free agents and the amount of money spent matters???? I'm waiting. I'll tell you this though, the most important thing to success in the NFL is being able to draft your own core or star players, develop them together, and then keep them together. Seems like that is exactly what is going on here. So why do you continue to get your panties in a bunch over free agents, money spent, and success??? They are not correlated no matter how much you whine.
Bump for cyberdude? Still Waiting for a real answer. Guess you might not have one.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#62 : December 03, 2010, 07:34:05 AM

Hey Cyberdude can you tell me the last big free agent that the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Chargers, Eagles, or Titans have signed??? I use those 6 teams because they have been 6 of the top teams the last 5 or so seasons. Now I can bring up a list of the teams that had the most free agents and that list is bunch of bad teams or teams that had 1 season of success followed by falling on their face. No consistent success. So tell me cyberdude why do you think free agents and the amount of money spent matters???? I'm waiting. I'll tell you this though, the most important thing to success in the NFL is being able to draft your own core or star players, develop them together, and then keep them together. Seems like that is exactly what is going on here. So why do you continue to get your panties in a bunch over free agents, money spent, and success??? They are not correlated no matter how much you whine.
Come on Cyber answer the question smart guy.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#63 : December 03, 2010, 07:45:31 AM

I clearly not Cyber - but I think the Eagles did nicely with Michael Vick - assuming he fits into the category. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#64 : December 03, 2010, 07:47:57 AM

I clearly not Cyber - but I think the Eagles did nicely with Michael Vick - assuming he fits into the category.
We talkin big FA spending like cyberdude wants D. Vick was only 1.6 mil.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#65 : December 03, 2010, 11:36:44 PM

Its not being miserable. It's called being a realist.

It's called dwelling on the gray lining and ignoring the silver cloud. 

Put this team with an average NFL schedule and they will be lucky to finish with 6 wins. That's where most people thought they were at before the season started and it appears that is exactly where they are in terms of development.

I see that the preseason negative nancy predictions we were seeing all over of 2-14 or 3-13 ... or the occasional extreme trollery of 0-16... has been revised upward again.  We win a few more and the troll posts will begin, "We'll be lucky to get to the10 wins everyone expected the team to get...."   You work for the government?
Exactly then it will be oh no they didn't make the playoffs.

Tommy

Starter

#66 : December 04, 2010, 04:06:42 PM

I agree we have to step up against talented teams but we as fans need to stop selling our team out.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#67 : December 04, 2010, 04:48:43 PM

Come on Cyber answer the question smart guy.

NE signed Alge Crumpler but their biggest FA signings the last couple of years were Re-sigings of Moss and Wilfork.
Pitt signed (or re-acquired) Larry Foote and Randle-El, but not for a ton.
Colts signed Dominic Rhodes in '08
Chargers not much
Eagles-Hank Baskett-more for his wife's talents than his
Titans-Kerry Collins??

most of those teams biggest FA moves were re-signing existing guys, often prior to FA.
: December 04, 2010, 04:50:58 PM John Galt?

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 0-4 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools