Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Weis to UF? « previous next »
Page: 1

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« : December 31, 2010, 02:57:00 PM »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/31/report-weis-departure-for-florida-is-likely/

Interesting.

Report: Charlie Weis “likely” headed to Florida
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 31, 2010, 2:44 PM EST
Charlie Weis

Well, that didn’t take long.

Less than an hour after we passed along a couple of suggestions that Charlie Weis could leave Kansas City and wind up at University of Florida as offensive coordinator, ESPN’s Chris Mortensen is reporting that Weis’ move to Florida is “likely.”

Chiefs coach Todd Haley was asked about the rumor Friday and said that it was the first he heard of it.  Haley didn’t deny the report, according to Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star.

Weis’ possible motivation for a change (and the Chiefs’ motivation to let him go) is unclear.   Weis may want to get back into college football or perhaps he and Chiefs coach Todd Haley just didn’t want to continue working together.

Either way, it’s a surprising revelation for perhaps the most improved offense in the league only one week before a home playoff game.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #1 : December 31, 2010, 03:51:56 PM »

Holy crap, I would be thrilled.  That dude can call an offense.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 31, 2010, 04:00:39 PM »

ESPN just mentioned it during the UCF game.  Looks to be all but done.

www.Atlbucs.com

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 31, 2010, 04:02:46 PM »

ESPN just mentioned it during the UCF game.  Looks to be all but done.

That and Josh McDaniels prob to KC.  Interesting.

www.Atlbucs.com

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #4 : December 31, 2010, 04:18:13 PM »

ive learned to not believe these reports until they are official, but that would be a huge get for UF i think.  while he might not be able to run a program, he sure can coach an offense.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #5 : December 31, 2010, 04:37:42 PM »

KC's offensive ranks in 2009 without Weis as OC

Total - 25th
Rushing - 11th
Passing - 25th
Scoring - 23rd

KC's offensive ranks in 2010 with Weis as OC

Total - 9th
Rushing - 1st
Passing - 28th
Scoring - 11th

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #6 : December 31, 2010, 07:04:27 PM »

In other, completely unrelated news, the Gainesville Krispy Kreme just tripled its staff

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 31, 2010, 07:21:30 PM »

Would be a big step back for Weiss.

CTGuyton

Second String

« #8 : December 31, 2010, 07:25:44 PM »

Not really.. He has a chance to pull a Monte Kiffin. Won't ever be a good HC, but can be a legendary OC. HUGE hire for UF. Between him and Muschamp, I think they've upgraded over the Myer regime.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 31, 2010, 07:40:44 PM »

Not really.. He has a chance to pull a Monte Kiffin. Won't ever be a good HC, but can be a legendary OC. HUGE hire for UF. Between him and Muschamp, I think they've upgraded over the Myer regime.

Same position int he NFL.. it is a huge step back, if he does actually take the job.

CTGuyton

Second String

« #10 : December 31, 2010, 09:01:03 PM »

OC in the SEC and in Contention for a National Championship each year(probably will get one or 2) > OC for the Chiefs who have little shot of making it to the Super Bowl even if he does a great job with the Offense

Recruiting in college football means UF can stay dominant for years. NFL has too much parity to be able to keep a dominant team together, and KC Has too much history of sucking to bring in FAs who can help get to the top.

Now, stricktly speaking, Pro > NCAA > Arena/CFL > High School > Pop Warner.. But I still say UF > KC Chiefs regardless of the level they're on. IMO anyway.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #11 : December 31, 2010, 09:07:18 PM »

Same position int he NFL.. it is a huge step back, if he does actually take the job.

not at all. UF would be as much if not more money if you factor in the potential lockout/CBA. Better to have a premier College job than sitting at home not getting paid nothin to do.

Weis base salary is $598,000 at KC, UF was paying Addazio $385000+up to $150000 in bonuses. UF could easily raise that to match or exceed KC's salary.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Weis to UF? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools