Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big East Expansion - Adding TCU - Announcment scheduled for 1pm 11/29/10 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

« #15 : December 02, 2010, 01:43:07 PM »

UCF fans always bring up Conference championships.  The bottom line is that you have been in the league longer than USF had.  By the time the players USF recruited while in CUSA grew up we were playing in the Big East.  Your CUSA championship is a joke.  The year you won that "championship" we beat you 72 to little.  This year you have another shot at a conference "championship" and you have not even beat a team that has a record over .500.  Oh, and your ranking went away after one week because you cant beat a team with a better than .500 record. 

Also, USF is still further away from the Big East schools than TCU.  What TCU provides is an opening into Texas recruiting.  Do you think that Rutgers, Pitt, Lui, and the other Big East teams want to share their small piece of Florida recruiting with UCF?  I do not think so.....

original

Pro Bowler

« #16 : December 02, 2010, 04:55:52 PM »

UCF fans always bring up Conference championships.  The bottom line is that you have been in the league longer than USF had.  By the time the players USF recruited while in CUSA grew up we were playing in the Big East.  Your CUSA championship is a joke.  The year you won that "championship" we beat you 72 to little.  This year you have another shot at a conference "championship" and you have not even beat a team that has a record over .500.  Oh, and your ranking went away after one week because you cant beat a team with a better than .500 record. 

Also, USF is still further away from the Big East schools than TCU.  What TCU provides is an opening into Texas recruiting.  Do you think that Rutgers, Pitt, Lui, and the other Big East teams want to share their small piece of Florida recruiting with UCF?  I do not think so.....

It never amazes me how afraid USF is of UCF.  This year while in CUSA, UCF out recruited USF according to most experts.  Put us on a level playing field and well, that would explain the fear USF has.  Bottom line, you shouldn't fear honest competition.  You should fear what is going to happen in the next few years.  The Big ten is already talking about expnding again and here is USF bashing a sister school because they are afraid of the competition. If the Big east doesn't beat the competition in making the conference stronger, both of our schools will be on the outside looking in.  The entire Big East football should be encouraging expansion for football before the AQ goes bye bye.  Not 10, or 12, but 14 to 16.  Loose the cathloic schools and have a real conference that will get stronger.  Big Ten won't be looking at USF, you'll be at the mercy of the ACC and SEC or end up back in CUSA.  So really, what is the point of bashing Alumnus / Fans of a school that may be in your conference by next season. 

It really makes no sense.   They should be looking for 7 schools that will gice the best possible chance to get Big TV contracts and keep the aq.  TCU was a great start.  UCF, ECU, Houston, Southern Miss, Push Notre Dame, etc.    Every school outside of USF in the Big East sees that UCF is the best availble school right now.   They are ready with a top 25 rating, possibly 2 CUSA Championships, wins over USF in Soccer and Basketball this year, A win over #16 Florida in Basketball, and the second largest University in the Us.  A Tv market that in top 20 in the US, and is biting in the bit to join so we can compete with USF and the rest of the Big East.  Today, UCF is far more ready to join then USF was in 2005.

Since you want to bash the Championships, and they do mean something, answer this:  What is the excuse you use as to why USF has not won a BE or National Championship? 

5 years in a AQ conference and they are not at the top.   By the way, nice win at Miami.  I was rooting for you guys. 

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #17 : December 02, 2010, 05:06:41 PM »

The Big East should kick out Notre Dame.  They have no impact on the conference at all.  Bring in TCU, bring up 'Nova and run with 10 in football and 16 in basketball.

original

Pro Bowler

« #18 : December 02, 2010, 07:35:48 PM »

The Big East should kick out Notre Dame.  They have no impact on the conference at all.  Bring in TCU, bring up 'Nova and run with 10 in football and 16 in basketball.

The risk they run in that plan is that Nova won't be able to come up prior to the new TV contracts and the New AQ decisions.  Most believe that Nova counldn't be ready before 2014.  They don't average enough fans per game to make the jump and over 80% of the academic community at Villanova do not want to jump up.  It also keeps the Big East very open when the Big Ten expans again.  They said yesterday that they will open the discussion again in December based on vote, may explore more teams which are most likely Cuse, Pittsburgh, or Rutgers.  The Big east needs to be proactive still, or it may all be gone. 

You also have CUSA and MWC looking into a joint Superconference in Football to pull all the members together in a championship game that might get enough points to grab the BE aq spot. 

Being that it is all speculation, it is hard to know what to do but the Big East should be looking into making their bid to keep the aq status as stong as possible and increase the likely hood of keeping the conference together. 

Status quo might be not good enough. 

original

Pro Bowler

« #19 : December 03, 2010, 07:50:29 AM »

Thinking about it last night, I think the BE should make a play for Missouri, Kansas, Kansas ST, UCF, Houston, and ECU.  Add them to TCU and that could be the Central Division.  Have the established teams be the Eastern Division and the NON FBS football schools be their own division.  I think Missou, and the Kansas schools both feel jilted from last years activities and most likely feel like second class teams with Texas and Okalahoma getting larger pieces of the pie.  This would not only strengthen football, basketball, and TV areas, it would make for a very strong conference that would likely not be poached .  I know the basketball  and non football tourneys would be huge, but you could have play in games or just take the top 2 - 4 from each division.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #20 : December 03, 2010, 10:05:28 AM »

The risk they run in that plan is that Nova won't be able to come up prior to the new TV contracts and the New AQ decisions.  Most believe that Nova counldn't be ready before 2014.  They don't average enough fans per game to make the jump and over 80% of the academic community at Villanova do not want to jump up.  It also keeps the Big East very open when the Big Ten expans again.  They said yesterday that they will open the discussion again in December based on vote, may explore more teams which are most likely Cuse, Pittsburgh, or Rutgers.  The Big east needs to be proactive still, or it may all be gone. 

You also have CUSA and MWC looking into a joint Superconference in Football to pull all the members together in a championship game that might get enough points to grab the BE aq spot. 

Being that it is all speculation, it is hard to know what to do but the Big East should be looking into making their bid to keep the aq status as stong as possible and increase the likely hood of keeping the conference together. 

Status quo might be not good enough.

The only reason I said bring up Nova was because ESPN mentioned that as what the Big East planned on doing.  Now, if they won't be around until 2014, then they need to add a football only school.  They can't add another team and have an 18 team conference.  I wouldn't be opposed to adding Army, Navy or both.  Both Army and Navy have conference affiliations for other sports I believe, (Patriot league?).  I thought it was only football where they were independents.
« : December 03, 2010, 10:08:37 AM TBayXXXVII »

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
« #21 : December 03, 2010, 02:01:39 PM »

I just don't get the expansions....Its called the Big East right???

Well Texas aint in the East.

Its like saying the ACC needs to add Michigan even though they know its no where even close to the Atlantic Coast.

This switching and flip flopping of conferences is stupid.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #22 : December 03, 2010, 04:08:26 PM »

I just don't get the expansions....Its called the Big East right???

Well Texas aint in the East.

Its like saying the ACC needs to add Michigan even though they know its no where even close to the Atlantic Coast.

This switching and flip flopping of conferences is stupid.

None of it makes sense.  The Big/Pac 10?

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

« #23 : December 03, 2010, 10:29:28 PM »

Oh no. USF has been in the Big East for "4" years and has not won the conference. Oh no.  USF has been around for barely over a decade and has not won a NC.  How long did it take UCF to beat a AQ school?  How long did it take UCF to get in the top 25?  How long did it take UCF to win a conference championship, even one that means getting to a mid level bowl? How long did it take UCF to win a bowl game?

Scared of UCF???  Please, do not makeme laugh! When did UCF beat us?  The problem is that beating you means nothing.  Lossing to you only means we suck.  It is not about scared....

The only reason your recruiting class was rated higher was because you had more scholarships to offer and USF fired their coach in the middle of the situation.  Keep taking your moral victories.  The problem is that they mean nothing!

original

Pro Bowler

« #24 : December 04, 2010, 09:58:29 AM »

When did UCF beat us? 

Conferences are not only about Football.

12/4/2010  Mens Basketball 65-59
12/4/2010 Mens soccer Tourney 3-0
2010 recruiting

Thats three times this year alone.

But at least you have your excuses.

Now imagine what would happen if we are in the same conference with a level playing field.   You think that Championships don't matter?   Ask any coach, any where.  There isn't a coach on any level that doesn't want to win their conference championship.  The only teams  / fans that say they don't matter are the ones who haven't won any.  How has USF been in the BE only 4 years?  Realignment took Place in 2005.  2010-2005 =5 years.  Aleast get you facts right in you excuses.

I'm off to Orlando to root for another Championship, I hope enjoy your  game today where your playing to be spoiler to Uconn.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 04, 2010, 10:18:38 AM »

By your own logic, the team that wins the DivII championship is also better than us.  I already disproved your so called recruiting victory.  It is not possible to argue with a UCF fan.  Who cares about soccer? 

original

Pro Bowler

« #26 : December 04, 2010, 08:10:12 PM »

I can tell you didn't read many of the post in this topic before you came in because at no point did I claim UCF better then USF or any victories until you came in with such a negative tone toward UCF.    I made claims that today UCF is further along and more qualified then USF was when they got the invite.  Many indications are out there that it is a matter of when, not if UCF gets an invite.  Rumors have that it may be as early as Monday or closer to May.  But in response to you attitude here is my response:

Wow, you disproved nothing, just made excuses.  That was a fun Championship game and UCF adds to its own championship ways.   Now that I am home, here is some of the accomplishments UCF has made over the years.  I'll also point out, all wins reguardless of level count and matter to Alumnus and Boosters and in no way did I imply that wins in FCS would make a team better then another..  Championships are even more special:

Baseball: UCF to Atlantic Sun Championships in 93, 95, 96, 97, 00, 01, 02, 04 and NCAA Regional Appearances in 89, 93, 95, 96, 97, 00, 01, 02, 04, and brought UCF to a national ranking of #8 in 2001.

Women’s Basketball:  UCF first joined the AIAW for women's basketball in 1977-78. They won the Division II small college tournament in 1979-80. They were promoted to AIAW Division I in its last year of existence, 1981–82, and made it to that year's District I tournament quarterfinals, before joining the NCAA in 1982-83.
The women's basketball team made the NCAA Division I tournament in 1996 and 1999, and won the TAAC/Atlantic Sun regular-season title in 1999, 2003 and 2005, before joining C-USA. In 2009, UCF's women's basketball team shocked the C-USA by going 11-5 in conference play after going 2-11 in non-conference games and 10-20 the previous year, and swept through the 2009 Conference USA Women's Basketball Tournament, dominating Southern Miss in overtime to win the championship game, 65-54, and earn its third Division I tournament appearance.
Men’s Basketball:  UCF played its first intercollegiate basketball game before the team even had a nickname. In the Division II era, under Torchy Clark, UCF found great success including a DII Final Four appearance.
UCF has been a member of Division I since 1985, and has advanced to the NCAA tournament 4 times (94, 96, 04, 05), all under coach Kirk Speraw. UCF competed in the Atlantic Sun Conference (formerly called the Trans-American Athletic Conference) from 1992 until 2005 when all sports joined Conference USA, and plays in the UCF Arena. UCF made their debut in the Conference USA Championship Tournament in the 2006 season, falling to Houston in the second round and closing out the season with the program's first losing record (14-15) since 2000-2001. The Knights made a huge turnaround in the 2006-07 season, finishing 2nd in conference play to Memphis with an overall record of 22-9.
Football:   

UCF defeated Tulsa in a near-reversal of the 2005 Conference USA Championship Game 44-25
12/04/2010 UCF Defeated Tulsa 17-7.

The UCF cheerleading squad has captured two national titles at the College Cheerleading and Dance Team Nationals, in 2003 and 2007.

UCF is a winning and growing program.  If we don't get in the BE, we will end up some where and continue to grow.  I hope it is the BE because I think in three years we can be right in with the Top of the league

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

« #27 : December 05, 2010, 12:44:33 AM »

All I hear is that UCF sucks....

Top of the league..... LOL

original

Pro Bowler

« #28 : December 05, 2010, 07:12:02 AM »

UCF Sucks?  All they did was go 10-3, win their Championship, and are heading to the highest Bowl they could with the highest ranking in Florida.  Suckage at its best according to you.   

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

« #29 : December 05, 2010, 11:06:15 AM »

Please, their biggest win is against SMU. 

W South Dakota (4-7) NR (118)
L NC State (8-4) 47
W Buffalo (2-10) 116
L Kansas State (7-5) 59
W UAB (4-8) 99
W Marshall (5-7) 90
W Rice (4-8) 97
W ECU (6-6) 70
W Houston (5-7) 77
L Southern Miss (8-4) 55
W Tulane (4-8) 101
W Memphis (1-11) 117
W SMU (7-6) 46

The teams you beat have a combined record of (35-78). Or a win percentage of 45%.
The teams you beat have an average ranking of 93.1
The teams you lost to have an average ranking of 53.6

W Stony Brook (6-5)  NR (118)
L Florida (7-5) 41
W Western Kentucky (2-10) 114
W Florida Atlantic (4-8) 102
L Syracuse (7-5) 57
L West Virginia (9-3) 24
W Cincinnati (4-8) 79
W Rutgers (4-8) 95
W Louisville (6-6) 66
L Pittsburg (7-5) 56
W Miami (7-5) 43
L Uconn (8-4) 35

The teams we beat have a combined record of (33-50). Or a win percentage of 66%.
The teams we beat have an average ranking of 88.1
The teams we lost to have an average ranking of 42.6

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/120/index1

Your conference championship means crap because the teams you beat are crap.  Also, I am pretty sure FSU will be ranked above you.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big East Expansion - Adding TCU - Announcment scheduled for 1pm 11/29/10 « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools