Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big East Expansion - Adding TCU - Announcment scheduled for 1pm 11/29/10 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

original

Pro Bowler

: November 29, 2010, 10:04:30 AM

Texas Christian University's Horned Frogs invited into The Big East: source

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/2010/11/29/2010-11-29_texas_christian_universitys_horned_frogs_invited_into_the_big_east_source.html

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 29, 2010, 10:33:37 AM

Great addition but travel departments for the BE teams just cringed ...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 29, 2010, 10:38:50 AM

Very interesting.  Big East was pretty horrible this year, and I bet there was a lot of pressure to get rid of the BCS-busters.

original

Pro Bowler

#3 : November 29, 2010, 11:28:05 AM

Presser is now schedeled for 2pm.  Fanhouse reports that The Big East will wait for Villanova's decision, If they Choose to stay FCS, UCF will get the Invite. 

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 30, 2010, 04:04:27 AM

Big East is the worst conference in CFB. TCU should dominate that conference for a long time.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#5 : November 30, 2010, 10:56:20 AM

Big East is the worst conference in CFB. TCU should dominate that conference for a long time.

LOL .... yeah, okay ... "worst conference in conference football" ... Exaggerate much? TCU didn't dominate the MWC ....  By the time they get to the BE, the new coaches will be even more established and the conference should be a lot stronger than it is now. TCU should probably come in as an upper echelon part of the conference but dominate ...?  Too funny.
: November 30, 2010, 11:09:46 AM Col. Klink

original

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 30, 2010, 06:46:25 PM

A post on the Big East message board stated  that UCF has already been invited/ accepted and both parties are waiting until after the conference USA Championship game to make the announcement.  The thought is that Villanova can't be ready until 2014 when the BE will go to 12/20.    If the rumor is true, the announcement will be made Monday Dec. 6.  2010.  The Pittsburgh Gazette said it's a done deal. 

As an UCF ALUM, I am hoping this is true.  I know many USF fans, which I did Grad work at, don't see this as a good thing, but UCF Vs. USF can become a natural rivalry and help both programs reach higher levels.  I do understand the fear that UCF will steal recruits, but that was happening this year when while in CUSA, the knights draft class was ranked higher then USF's.  If accepted in, both schools will be on a level playing ground in roughly three years making it a exciting game that either team can win.
: November 30, 2010, 06:48:49 PM original bucfan

original

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 30, 2010, 07:10:58 PM

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=465608

Here is a link to the post I mentioned. 
It is a nice site with lots of college fb conservations that I was not familliar with.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#8 : December 01, 2010, 12:51:05 AM

A post on the Big East message board stated  that UCF has already been invited/ accepted and both parties are waiting until after the conference USA Championship game to make the announcement.  The thought is that Villanova can't be ready until 2014 when the BE will go to 12/20.    If the rumor is true, the announcement will be made Monday Dec. 6.  2010.  The Pittsburgh Gazette said it's a done deal.
Nowhere in that thread was there a link to anybody saying UCF has already been invited/accepted and waiting to make the announcement  or that it's a "done deal" .... There does appear, though, to be enough smoke to think there probably is a fire but I'm still holding out hope it ain't happening...

but UCF Vs. USF can become a natural rivalry and help both programs reach higher levels.
No offense but the only program right now that NEEDS help to reach higher levels is UCF ... UCF joining the BE does nothing to help USF but guarantee a big crowd once every two years at RayJay ... but it does look like it's probably going to happen sooner rather than later.

original

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 01, 2010, 08:19:21 AM

I respectfuly disagree, USF hasn't won a BE championship or hasn't been close to a national championship and if I remember correctly, never won a CUSA championship.  That to me means they need to elevate thier program.  A heated rivalry can help bring in better recruits and can improve the quality of football at both schools.   And No offense taken.

original

Pro Bowler

#10 : December 01, 2010, 08:40:18 AM

Big East Expansion: Why Adding UCF Makes More Sense Than Upgrading Villanova

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/530429-big-east-expansion-why-adding-ucf-makes-more-sense-than-upgrading-villanova

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#11 : December 01, 2010, 09:08:49 AM

I respectfuly disagree, USF hasn't won a BE championship or hasn't been close to a national championship and if I remember correctly, never won a CUSA championship.  That to me means they need to elevate thier program.  A heated rivalry can help bring in better recruits and can improve the quality of football at both schools.   And No offense taken.
Didn't say we were at that higher level yet but we have all the tools needed to get there. UCF joining the BE does nothing to help us in that regard, other than bringing in some additional money every other year,  and  is in fact an impediment ... It is obviously a great move for UCF ... while they wait for that SEC invite. <insert smilie>

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#12 : December 01, 2010, 09:14:14 AM

Big East Expansion: Why Adding UCF Makes More Sense Than Upgrading Villanova

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/530429-big-east-expansion-why-adding-ucf-makes-more-sense-than-upgrading-villanova

LOL .... the author's bio: I am a 30-year-old computer technician from Orlando, Florida. I am a big fan of baseball and soccer, and I am contributing to the efforts to bring pro soccer to Orlando. I also moonlight as a sports public address announcer.

Again, from the UCF standpoint it's a great move ....... but comparing the USF/UCF potential rivalry to Auburn/Alabama .... <insert rofl smilie>

original

Pro Bowler

#13 : December 01, 2010, 10:10:59 AM

Its funny, I didn't notice the author,  I wish articles that are just random opinnion would say so in the headers.  I wouldn't have posted it if I had noticed that.  When the Tide and Auburn started, it wasn't what it is today either.  I get your point, but rivalries can become big with time.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#14 : December 01, 2010, 01:27:37 PM

Its funny, I didn't notice the author,  I wish articles that are just random opinnion would say so in the headers.  I wouldn't have posted it if I had noticed that.  When the Tide and Auburn started, it wasn't what it is today either.  I get your point, but rivalries can become big with time.
I've learned that's the first thing I check. I think bleacherreport is primarily anybody who wants to write an article ..... and rivalries can become big, but I'm going on record right now saying that ours will never get anywhere near as big as Auburn/Alabama ;)    ... Hell, UF/FSU isn't as big.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big East Expansion - Adding TCU - Announcment scheduled for 1pm 11/29/10 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools