Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big East Expansion - Adding TCU - Announcment scheduled for 1pm 11/29/10 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

original

Pro Bowler

#30 : December 05, 2010, 08:54:07 PM

Your right, FSU ended up 23 and we were 24.  No **CENSORED** Shurlock on the competition we play sucks, why else would we hope for a spot in the Big East, better competition and a chance at an aq bid.  We would gladly play better competition to the point of practically begging for the chance and hopefully that will be soon.  We can only beat the teams that will play us. We still, are the best we can be unless we get to recruit with an aq conference.  It sucks when teams wont play you the way miami will not be renewing with USF. 

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 06, 2010, 09:35:50 PM

Miami needs to rebuild its program.  By the time the contract ends Miami will know if they need to start it back up at a later date.  If we can win a few of the last couple games it will not matter.  Miami's program is heading in the wrong direction.  I believe that this is because of the number of top level programs recruiting out of the state of Florida.  IMHO, none of the AQ schools want another AQ program within the state.   There are already 4 in state AQ schools and 3 nonAQ Div I programs in the state to go along with the numerous out of state programs that recruit the state hard.  While Florida has many great high school players the talent level will eventually become to watered down to keep any of the programs at the top on a continual basis, if this has not already happened.  USF may have been the straw that watered down Florida talent another AQ school could dilute it.  UCF is doing a great job at their level and everybody wants to get promoted eventually but what is best for every school in the state? 
: December 06, 2010, 09:38:18 PM BuckEmUp

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#32 : December 08, 2010, 04:50:53 PM

Miami needs to rebuild its program.  By the time the contract ends Miami will know if they need to start it back up at a later date.  If we can win a few of the last couple games it will not matter.  Miami's program is heading in the wrong direction.  I believe that this is because of the number of top level programs recruiting out of the state of Florida.  IMHO, none of the AQ schools want another AQ program within the state.   There are already 4 in state AQ schools and 3 nonAQ Div I programs in the state to go along with the numerous out of state programs that recruit the state hard.  While Florida has many great high school players the talent level will eventually become to watered down to keep any of the programs at the top on a continual basis, if this has not already happened.  USF may have been the straw that watered down Florida talent another AQ school could dilute it.  UCF is doing a great job at their level and everybody wants to get promoted eventually but what is best for every school in the state?
That's really it in a nutshell ... I fully understand UCF wanting to make the jump, and it will probably still happen, but the only one that will help significantly is UCF and there's no logical way to spin it otherwise ...

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 31, 2010, 06:35:23 PM

Win or lose today...add UCF as well.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 31, 2010, 06:47:44 PM

Speaking of UCF....every time UGA got a sack with time running out in the game, they had an injury - stopping the clock.  They need to limp off the field and keep that clock running!

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

original

Pro Bowler

#35 : December 31, 2010, 08:32:43 PM

I'm very proud of the win today by my Alum.  Easily our biggest win in program history.  I don't know what else UCF can do to get an invite.  Conference champs and Bowl Victory over SEC GA.  BB 13-0 going into conference play and Ranked in both national polls.  I hope an invite comes but I am not holding my breath.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#36 : January 02, 2011, 12:05:52 AM

I don't know what else UCF can do to get an invite. Conference champs and Bowl Victory over SEC GA.  BB 13-0 going into conference play and Ranked in both national polls.  I hope an invite comes but I am not holding my breath

Although UCF will probably get an invite, it really won't be based on what they've already done but what overall value it can add in the future. They really haven't done anything to make them irresistible to any conference .... The football ranking is pretty much a joke based on the SOS and the fact they didn't beat a team with a winning record. The hoops ranking looks to probably be deserved but it's only been half a season.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big East Expansion - Adding TCU - Announcment scheduled for 1pm 11/29/10 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools