Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barret Ruud haters « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

kbl117

Starter

: November 29, 2010, 03:40:42 PM

32 for 108 = the combined rushing totals of Ray Rice and Frank Gore, two of the premier rushers in the NFL, the last 2 weeks

The improved play of the DL has proved what me and some others have said all along....if the DL doesnt play like a bunch of puss***, Rudd can be a downhill player. And what do you know? The DL starts playing stout, and the rush defense comes together

No MLB in the world can be a downhill enforcer with the DL play this team had since November 2008 up until 2 weeks ago.

The Ruud bashing has made about as much sense as if you blamed a QB for not having pocket presence when his OL cant pass block for sheet and he keeps getting put on his azz.. Or like blaming a RB when his OL cant run block and hes getting hit in the backfield every play.

Thats the beauty of  being a "fan". They follow teh football and dont see how different positions are connected like links in a chain, assign blame based on  their emotions after tough games, and get almost everything wrong.
: November 29, 2010, 03:43:25 PM kbl117

2goodbucs

Starter
#1 : November 29, 2010, 03:44:34 PM

So many plays I see some white dude come in and make a big play to stop the run and I'm like "Wow, Ruud is actually stepping up!" and then when I see the guy stand up after the tackle the numbers read 35. Bucs gonna miss 35 really bad for the rest of the season.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 29, 2010, 03:55:49 PM

So many plays I see some white dude come in and make a big play to stop the run and I'm like "Wow, Ruud is actually stepping up!" and then when I see the guy stand up after the tackle the numbers read 35. Bucs gonna miss 35 really bad for the rest of the season.

So. **CENSORED**ing. True.

I'm going to miss Grmm.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 29, 2010, 04:02:29 PM

Exactly. I'm really excited for Cody's future. He played far better than even John Lynch did his rookie season. If he can end up having a John Lynch-like career, the Bucs will be set. Another guy I see hustling all over the place is Dekota Watson when he is in the game. I hope he gets more playing time, because none of the other LB's have lived up to the hype this season. I also hope that Crowder has permanently replaced Moore at starting LDE. He's much better.

BuccaNova

Starter
#4 : November 29, 2010, 04:20:23 PM

The Poodle was throwing high all day, catching the wind, maybe partly because the ravens D is always hands-high coming in.
Flacco threw low bullets under the wind all day.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 29, 2010, 04:49:20 PM

Grimm is a legit downhill player.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BuccaNova

Starter
#6 : November 29, 2010, 04:55:23 PM

OK, I had blamed Ruud for the Heap play, but looking at this, I think it's Sabby.  What, exactly, is he wandering out to the flat to do? I will say that seems a future recipe for success against us: run things between Sabby and Ruud and see who you can confuse. 

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 29, 2010, 05:40:37 PM

OK, I had blamed Ruud for the Heap play, but looking at this, I think it's Sabby.  What, exactly, is he wandering out to the flat to do? I will say that seems a future recipe for success against us: run things between Sabby and Ruud and see who you can confuse.

Ugh.He is totally lost on that play and it cost us 7 points.  We really can't win with him starting

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 29, 2010, 05:43:49 PM

32 for 108 = the combined rushing totals of Ray Rice and Frank Gore, two of the premier rushers in the NFL, the last 2 weeks

The improved play of the DL has proved what me and some others have said all along....
You're right - if a play is going to be made against the run it won't be Ruud very often.  That is the other way to look at it. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 29, 2010, 06:31:16 PM

Ruud sucks, Grimm is the reason why our run d is improving.

Chaos

Starter
#10 : November 29, 2010, 06:53:28 PM

Ugh.He is totally lost on that play and it cost us 7 points.  We really can't win with him starting

If a player blows a coverage that bad, then its the coaches fault!!!

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 29, 2010, 07:06:51 PM

You wont find many willing to say it because they want Ruud out, but his play has improved a good amount the last 2-3 games. Hes not a physical force, but he has been around the LOS a lot more against the run and the carries that were going for 5-7yds right at Ruud have been shortened to 2 or 3 yards. Hopefully it continues.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BuccaNova

Starter
#12 : November 29, 2010, 07:15:58 PM

If a player blows a coverage that bad, then its the coaches fault!!!

Yeah, well the guy in before him didn't blow it that bad so maybe it's the player. After last year and it taking exactly 10 seconds for them to turn Sabby into points, sorry, I'm not laying this one at the coach's door.  You got to earn your benefit of the doubt. All Sabby gets is the doubt.

watson

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 29, 2010, 07:17:19 PM

You wont find many willing to say it because they want Ruud out, but his play has improved a good amount the last 2-3 games. Hes not a physical force, but he has been around the LOS a lot more against the run and the carries that were going for 5-7yds right at Ruud have been shortened to 2 or 3 yards. Hopefully it continues.
It seemed that way to me too.  But what I want someone to tell me is how they know who blew the coverage?  Please tell me what the exact defensive call was and how they know it?  Did they get it from one of the coaches or are they just guessing?  Unless someone knows what the call was...and/or if it was audibled to before the snap.....how can anyone know who didn't carry out the assignment?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 29, 2010, 07:29:23 PM

Ruud has had very, very little to do with our recent ability to stop the run. He was almost a complete non factor in Baltimore. It's not opinion either, it's fact. Watch the games again. Ruud is not the one making stops. As others have said it is usually Cody Grimm.

Everyone already knew that Ruud is not a thumper. He is not physical, can't shed blocks, never deliveres bone jarring hits, and can't rush the passer to save his life. The excuse has been that he makes up for it by being fast and good in coverage. Well if he is 2ft behind Todd Heap for 60 yards and can't catch him....he is slow as hell and basically useless. He was in position to make a stop on the other TD pass as well but was turned around and never even got a hand up. The guy is a smart football player but he lacks the heart and athletism to get it done. Grimm is 40lbs lighter than Ruud and yet he hits twice as hard and actuallt stuffs the run. Ruud is a turd. Time for an upgrade.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barret Ruud haters « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools