Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barret Ruud haters « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 29, 2010, 07:46:22 PM

Ruud has had very, very little to do with our recent ability to stop the run. He was almost a complete non factor in Baltimore. It's not opinion either, it's fact. Watch the games again. Ruud is not the one making stops. As others have said it is usually Cody Grimm.

Everyone already knew that Ruud is not a thumper. He is not physical, can't shed blocks, never deliveres bone jarring hits, and can't rush the passer to save his life. The excuse has been that he makes up for it by being fast and good in coverage. Well if he is 2ft behind Todd Heap for 60 yards and can't catch him....he is slow as hell and basically useless. He was in position to make a stop on the other TD pass as well but was turned around and never even got a hand up. The guy is a smart football player but he lacks the heart and athletism to get it done. Grimm is 40lbs lighter than Ruud and yet he hits twice as hard and actuallt stuffs the run. Ruud is a turd. Time for an upgrade.

Solution....when t-jax comes back from suspension next year, move Grimm to MLB.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 29, 2010, 08:08:42 PM

You wont find many willing to say it because they want Ruud out, but his play has improved a good amount the last 2-3 games. Hes not a physical force, but he has been around the LOS a lot more against the run and the carries that were going for 5-7yds right at Ruud have been shortened to 2 or 3 yards. Hopefully it continues.

Agreed.  Ruud still isn't a physical player, but at least he's started to make an effort to be one.  Maybe Ruud has seen the effect Grimm has had on the defense.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 29, 2010, 08:13:59 PM

You wont find many willing to say it because they want Ruud out, but his play has improved a good amount the last 2-3 games. Hes not a physical force, but he has been around the LOS a lot more against the run and the carries that were going for 5-7yds right at Ruud have been shortened to 2 or 3 yards. Hopefully it continues.
It seemed that way to me too.  But what I want someone to tell me is how they know who blew the coverage?  Please tell me what the exact defensive call was and how they know it?  Did they get it from one of the coaches or are they just guessing?  Unless someone knows what the call was...and/or if it was audibled to before the snap.....how can anyone know who didn't carry out the assignment?

By what the other players on defense were doing.  Everybody else on defense was playing man, except Sabby.

Believe it or not, you don't always need to know what the exact playcall is to know if a player blew his responsibility or not.

Chaos

Starter
#18 : November 29, 2010, 08:35:36 PM

It seemed that way to me too.  But what I want someone to tell me is how they know who blew the coverage?  Please tell me what the exact defensive call was and how they know it?  Did they get it from one of the coaches or are they just guessing?  Unless someone knows what the call was...and/or if it was audibled to before the snap.....how can anyone know who didn't carry out the assignment?

I believe Sabby blew it, not from watching the play, but from raheems comment about  "having a guy in the game that doesn't get many reps, doesnt always get quality time on the field" something of that sorts.  Sabby is the only person he could have been talking about. If you watch the play Ronde went man and Sabby went to the flats. There are so many different coverage schemes, and assignments that im sure this happens alot more than we know, it just doesn't always result in a big play. 

FlyingScorpion

Starter
#19 : November 30, 2010, 12:06:08 AM

The Ravens coach said he got all giddy when he saw Flacco saw what he saw lol

Freeman\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love winning a lot more than Im scared of losing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

kbl117

Starter

#20 : November 30, 2010, 12:37:42 AM

Why have the Steelers been so soft up the middle lately? Are their LBs soft?

Brett Keisel and Aaron Smith go down with injuries, and all of a sudden the Steelers are getting gashed between the tackles. Why is that? Is James Harrison soft all of a sudden?  how abnout Lawrence Timmons, you gonna start calling him soft? lol

Pittsburgh has the most physical LBs in football, and because of a weakness along the DL they are unable to play downhill and physically impose their will the last few weeks. THats football
: November 30, 2010, 12:43:39 AM kbl117

kbl117

Starter

#21 : November 30, 2010, 12:41:35 AM

So many plays I see some white dude come in and make a big play to stop the run and I'm like "Wow, Ruud is actually stepping up!" and then when I see the guy stand up after the tackle the numbers read 35. Bucs gonna miss 35 really bad for the rest of the season.
Grimm is a legit downhill player.

Are we really going to compare Grimm to Ruud vs the run, without acknowledging the difference between being a safety and a MLB? lol, Grimm plays downhill because hes not accounted for by a blocker on most run plays, and plays 10-12 yards off the ball as opposed to 4-5. This is the type of analysis you get from a fan on a message board with 15000 posts  ::)

32 for 108 = the combined rushing totals of Ray Rice and Frank Gore, two of the premier rushers in the NFL, the last 2 weeks

The improved play of the DL has proved what me and some others have said all along....
You're right - if a play is going to be made against the run it won't be Ruud very often.  That is the other way to look at it.

so now hes not involved in the action "very often"? funny how hes ALWAYS leading the team in tackles

: November 30, 2010, 12:48:46 AM kbl117

watson

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 30, 2010, 04:36:00 AM

By what the other players on defense were doing.  Everybody else on defense was playing man, except Sabby.

Believe it or not, you don't always need to know what the exact playcall is to know if a player blew his responsibility or not.
So you are guessing it was Sabby.  I do believe you have to know the play that was called since I've heard too many players say they couldn't  tell by just watching the play what was called and who was supposed to be doing what.  But, everyone is entitled to believe what they want.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

watson

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 30, 2010, 04:39:26 AM

I believe Sabby blew it, not from watching the play, but from raheems comment about  "having a guy in the game that doesn't get many reps, doesnt always get quality time on the field" something of that sorts.  Sabby is the only person he could have been talking about. If you watch the play Ronde went man and Sabby went to the flats. There are so many different coverage schemes, and assignments that im sure this happens alot more than we know, it just doesn't always result in a big play.
I also heard him say that a "vet" didn't get the audible....that may have been SP, but again that is a guess.  I've heard too many players say they can't tell you what happened since they didn't know what had been called on a particular play.  But, that is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Capnblingbling

Practice Squad

#24 : November 30, 2010, 06:53:48 AM

I love Ruud.  He jumped on at least 10 piles last game.  Hard to find a guy willing to jump on so many piles.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 30, 2010, 07:25:31 AM

So many plays I see some white dude come in and make a big play to stop the run and I'm like "Wow, Ruud is actually stepping up!" and then when I see the guy stand up after the tackle the numbers read 35. Bucs gonna miss 35 really bad for the rest of the season.

Are we really going to compare Grimm to Ruud vs the run, without acknowledging the difference between being a safety and a MLB? lol, Grimm plays downhill because hes not accounted for by a blocker on most run plays, and plays 10-12 yards off the ball as opposed to 4-5. This is the type of analysis you get from a fan on a message board with 15000 posts  ::)

32 for 108 = the combined rushing totals of Ray Rice and Frank Gore, two of the premier rushers in the NFL, the last 2 weeks

The improved play of the DL has proved what me and some others have said all along....
You're right - if a play is going to be made against the run it won't be Ruud very often.  That is the other way to look at it.
so now hes not involved in the action "very often"? funny how hes ALWAYS leading the team in tackles
While I give no credit for simply participating in the game - he has made some contributions.  The location of play making (make a play - i.e. stopping a run as opposed to making a tackle 4-8 yards downfield) is as important if not more important than the number kbl.  In any case - the converse I noted above is true and was aimed at how the bucs run d plays will be made. 
: November 30, 2010, 07:27:58 AM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 30, 2010, 07:26:58 AM

Ruud doesn't get blocked on every play. Last year he got blocked a lot but this year he's usually so far from the action blockers don't even worry about him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 30, 2010, 08:23:42 AM

Ruud has had very, very little to do with our recent ability to stop the run. He was almost a complete non factor in Baltimore. It's not opinion either, it's fact. Watch the games again. Ruud is not the one making stops. As others have said it is usually Cody Grimm.

Everyone already knew that Ruud is not a thumper. He is not physical, can't shed blocks, never deliveres bone jarring hits, and can't rush the passer to save his life. The excuse has been that he makes up for it by being fast and good in coverage. Well if he is 2ft behind Todd Heap for 60 yards and can't catch him....he is slow as hell and basically useless. He was in position to make a stop on the other TD pass as well but was turned around and never even got a hand up. The guy is a smart football player but he lacks the heart and athletism to get it done. Grimm is 40lbs lighter than Ruud and yet he hits twice as hard and actuallt stuffs the run. Ruud is a turd. Time for an upgrade.

Barrett Ruud led the Buccaneers with 9 tackles in the game. 7 of the 9 were for gains of 0-3 yards. The other two were for gains of 4 and 6 yards. How on earth do you figure he had very little to do in stopping the run? Classic Ruud hater. Making judgments devoid of fact.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 30, 2010, 08:44:59 AM

I also heard him say that a "vet" didn't get the audible....that may have been SP, but again that is a guess.  I've heard too many players say they can't tell you what happened since they didn't know what had been called on a particular play.  But, that is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own.

Morris said on his interview show last night that there was a mixup in coverage between the Safety and Corner and that a vet who had just come in the game didn't get the audible. He also specifically mentioned that the play was not Ruud's responsibility.

Combine these comments with the fact that Jones lined up and stayed on the other side of the field during the initial stage of the play and the LBers all initially froze plus the Bucs were inexplicably doubling an out pattern up the sidelines and it appear that Sabby missed his assignment.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 30, 2010, 08:46:57 AM

Barrett Ruud led the Buccaneers with 9 tackles in the game. 7 of the 9 were for gains of 0-3 yards. The other two were for gains of 4 and 6 yards. How on earth do you figure he had very little to do in stopping the run? Classic Ruud hater. Making judgments devoid of fact.

Quite quoting stats and watch the game.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barret Ruud haters « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools