Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barret Ruud haters « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#90 : December 03, 2010, 12:25:27 PM

Idiotic statement, so if Ruud didn't purposefully let Heap score, then the only other explanation is that an over the hill TE SMOKED our MLB...and that's the guy you want leading the defense for the foreseeable future.  Talk about people grasping at straws all you want, but Ruud gets creamed in the run game and is not nearly as good as he used to be against the pass...Ruud peaked about 2 years ago and has gone downhill since then.  And the Ruud supporters all talk about how smart he is,...smart enough to let Sabby get that far out of position, smart enough to lead a defense that is ranked worse than 20th in the league.  Tell us, why should the Bucs resign Ruud...what real benefit does he offer that we couldn't replace with a more physical MLB; I cant think of a single thing.

Heap out ran Ruud having had a head start and 5 yards of separation. Heap knew the play, came off the line unimpeded, and caught the ball in stride. Ruud had to read and react to the play fake and then completely turn his body around and chase after a guy that wasn't even his responsibility in coverage.  Heap wasn't two feet in front of Ruud. He had Ruud by about 5 yards. There are three feet in a yard. You do the math. You think any LB can just make that play? I can guarantee you that neither Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis would have been able to make that play. You guys make me laugh. You want a guy who's as big as a DE, covers like a CB, and runs like a WR playing MLB. Good luck with that.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#91 : December 03, 2010, 12:40:56 PM

Is anyone aware of a MLB who isn't good at "calling the defense"? Ruud seems to be the first MLB I've heard that used as one of his strongest abilities.

Not every MLB calls defensive adjustments. For example, Derrick Brooks called the defense during most of his time here. Other teams delegate that responsibility to safeties, for example, Ray Lewis shares that responsibility with Ed Reed.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#92 : December 03, 2010, 02:34:53 PM

Is anyone aware of a MLB who isn't good at "calling the defense"? Ruud seems to be the first MLB I've heard that used as one of his strongest abilities.

I'm not sure I'd want Black or Hayes doing it

Tom Voodoo

Rookie

#93 : December 03, 2010, 03:04:47 PM

Idiotic statement, so if Ruud didn't purposefully let Heap score, then the only other explanation is that an over the hill TE SMOKED our MLB...and that's the guy you want leading the defense for the foreseeable future.  Talk about people grasping at straws all you want, but Ruud gets creamed in the run game and is not nearly as good as he used to be against the pass...Ruud peaked about 2 years ago and has gone downhill since then.  And the Ruud supporters all talk about how smart he is,...smart enough to let Sabby get that far out of position, smart enough to lead a defense that is ranked worse than 20th in the league.  Tell us, why should the Bucs resign Ruud...what real benefit does he offer that we couldn't replace with a more physical MLB; I cant think of a single thing.

Heap out ran Ruud having had a head start and 5 yards of separation. Heap knew the play, came off the line unimpeded, and caught the ball in stride. Ruud had to read and react to the play fake and then completely turn his body around and chase after a guy that wasn't even his responsibility in coverage.  Heap wasn't two feet in front of Ruud. He had Ruud by about 5 yards. There are three feet in a yard. You do the math. You think any LB can just make that play? I can guarantee you that neither Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis would have been able to make that play. You guys make me laugh. You want a guy who's as big as a DE, covers like a CB, and runs like a WR playing MLB. Good luck with that.

Watched the replay and read the Steve White article where he basically says that Sabby blew his assignment on a base cover-2 shell.  TD wasn't Ruud's fault, Sabby came up to the LOS at the snap and and bit hard on the play fake whereas Ruud read it and reacted accordingly.  That TD wasn't Ruud's fault at all, he can't be responsible for a blown assignment by a deep safety.  To think otherwise is just asinine.

DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way related to the former poster Java, I carried this name over from the TBBB and don\\\'t want to change it as I use it in almost every online setting.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#94 : December 03, 2010, 04:01:15 PM

Watched the replay and read the Steve White article where he basically says that Sabby blew his assignment on a base cover-2 shell.  TD wasn't Ruud's fault, Sabby came up to the LOS at the snap and and bit hard on the play fake whereas Ruud read it and reacted accordingly.  That TD wasn't Ruud's fault at all, he can't be responsible for a blown assignment by a deep safety.  To think otherwise is just asinine.

No one is disputing the fact that Sabby blew it, but Ruud was in position to make a play to prevent the TD...but he didn't hussle.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#95 : December 03, 2010, 06:57:31 PM

Ruud jogged after Heap, you can tell he just doesn't care. He hates the team, the fanbase and the organization. Lousy and soft is what he is.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#96 : December 03, 2010, 08:42:17 PM

Willis, Lewis and any TOP MLB would have stopped Heap at the 20 as you can clearly see Ruud is running like a diva!!

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#97 : December 03, 2010, 09:07:02 PM

Well, at least this thread tells you who has an agenda and who watches the game without preconcieved bias.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Barret Ruud haters « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools