Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs cut Sabby! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 30, 2010, 05:20:53 PM

And, IMO,  it puts everyone on notice!!

Stovall, I'm lookin' at you!

He's next, imo.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 30, 2010, 05:22:12 PM

Um..What took so long?

GameManager

Starter

#32 : November 30, 2010, 05:24:41 PM

A lot of practice squad spots made available in one day.

The Tampa Tri-force!!!!!!!!

-ts

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 30, 2010, 05:31:55 PM

I have a feeling something happened behind closed doors that hasn't come out yet. You don't just cut your back up S right after your stater goes on IR on a whim.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 30, 2010, 05:33:18 PM

I had the same thought.  we will probably never know.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 30, 2010, 05:33:45 PM

I have a feeling something happened behind closed doors that hasn't come out yet. You don't just cut your back up S right after your stater goes on IR on a whim.

I tend to agree with that.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 30, 2010, 05:37:27 PM

A lot of practice squad spots made available in one day.
Two are filled already, Ed Gant WR and E. J. Wilson DE.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#37 : November 30, 2010, 05:38:14 PM

No DB Love for Sabby from Raheem and I don't think Jersey boy didn't like that one bit. Thank god that turd is gone. GODDDDD did he suck. Looking back at it that 07 Draft class was the WORST one in the gruden era....all top 3 picks are not with the team anymore....to think we could have had Megatron for Gaines Sears and Sabby.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 30, 2010, 05:54:13 PM

Who knows. But when you throw a fit publicly like Piscitelli did when he lost the job to Sean Jones and say that you weren't given a fair shake, you better damn well show and prove when you get the chance to prove the coaches wrong. Had Sabby kept his mouth shut and played football, he probably would have been kept as a reserve and ST player. If Sabby would have played well, the media thing would have been forgotten. But you can't cry to the media about losing your job AND lay turds on the field. That's going to get you exactly where it got him. Jobless.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 30, 2010, 06:02:10 PM

did lynch have any PT against the ravens?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 30, 2010, 06:30:44 PM

Sabby may not be as a horrible as a lot of you expect.

Give Sabby another shot. The guy has all the talent in the world , maybe now is the time he finally puts it all together.

Starting Sabby would have been the better option. Despite the popular view that we should already write him off as a bust , he is still a better option than a totally green 7th round former LB. Grimm is going to get torched , and if you think sabby sucked , you ain't seen nothin yet....

Sabby is still a better player (than Grimm) at this point in both thier careers, especially in coverage.

Yes, but Sabby has already been through many of those  battles ,  made alot of those mistakes , and learned from them ( you hope). With Grimm you are starting over from scratch . With Sabby , you may have a player that is ready to finally  "get it" and break out.

Grimm shouldn't have even been playing. There was no reason to throw him to the wolves before he was ready , Sabby was a much safer option.

I don't understand why we'd  be so willing to toss a 7th round pick out there right away , but a guy like Arrelious Benn is being completely babied , and brought along at a snail's pace. It's obvious Mike WIlliams is the only WR who can get open right now , so we could use him.  Is Benn just that terrible , or is the coaching staff just that ridiculously inconsistent ??

Wow, this DiSalvo guy knows what he is talking about.  Impressive.

Chaos

Starter
#41 : November 30, 2010, 06:47:53 PM

Im not suprised the cut happened, but the timing was horrible...God forbid something happen to Lynch we are screwed..our depth is horrible..Good thing about Lynch is that he plays safety very well, better than sabby

-ts

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 30, 2010, 06:48:05 PM

Who knows. But when you throw a fit publicly like Piscitelli did when he lost the job to Sean Jones and say that you weren't given a fair shake, you better damn well show and prove when you get the chance to prove the coaches wrong. Had Sabby kept his mouth shut and played football, he probably would have been kept as a reserve and ST player. If Sabby would have played well, the media thing would have been forgotten. But you can't cry to the media about losing your job AND lay turds on the field. That's going to get you exactly where it got him. Jobless.
I would buy that, if he was cut earlier, but being cut right after your starting FS goes down when you have been the primary back up all year leads me to believe something else is in play here.

No way you just decide now that his play isn't good enough after 1 more half of seeing what you have seen his entire career.

And whats even funnier is after the Heap play he really didn't play bad, he didn't play great but he was fine.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 30, 2010, 06:58:41 PM

lmao, Biggs is a destroyer of souls. Between cyberdude and DiSalvo, it's probably the most ownage in such a short span that I've ever seen.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 30, 2010, 07:05:14 PM

You can look for Sabby in an Omaha Nighthawks uniform next season.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs cut Sabby! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools