Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: PISCITELLI CUT, MOORE TO I.R., MORE ROSTER MOVES « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PewterReportCC

Hall of Famer
« : November 30, 2010, 04:17:55 PM »

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=6462:&Itemid=15

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 30, 2010, 04:20:29 PM »

Merry **CENSORED**ing Christmas!!!

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

« #2 : November 30, 2010, 04:55:25 PM »

Wonder how good this Asante kid is.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #3 : November 30, 2010, 04:57:01 PM »

Wonder how good this Asante kid is.

He's pretty strictly an in-the box guy IIRC

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 30, 2010, 05:01:10 PM »

Here is a pre-draft eval on Asante from a former NFL scout:

STRENGTHS
Asante is a quick footed safety with the quicks and playing speed to make plays vs the run and
in coverage. He reads QB/Pass very well and is very quick closing on passes in front of him –
Shows ball skills to reach in front of receiver to break up pass and can cut in front of receiver
to intercept passes. He has the quicks and speed to cover TE’s/RB’s well in tight M/M when he
does not have to flip hips. He attacks plays in front of him (Both passes and runs), gets up the
field fast and can make hard hits/tackles. He consistently comes up the field fast in run support,
moves thru traffic well, avoids blockers easily and can be a productive run defender.

WEAKNESSES
Asante is a bit of a straight line athlete who lacks the hips and agility to change directions quickly
– He loses a step when he has to flip hips to turn and run in coverage and is not smooth transitioning
out of backpedal to close quickly. He does not show the very good speed to get
from 2-Deep alignment to the sideline to help the cornerback in “Over The Top” coverage. He
lacks the athleticism to come up and line up over “Slot WR” when the opponent goes to three
receivers, which limits the flexibility of defense. He is not a consistent tackler as he tends to
dive and try to make low tackles, which leads to him missing more tackles than he should.

SUMMARY
Asante is a very tough safety who plays with the aggressiveness, instincts and competitiveness necessary for him to make
hard hits and impact plays. The issue is that he is a straight line athlete who lacks the ideal all around athleticism that has become
more and more important in the NFL because of the proliferation of the pass friendly offenses. He is typical of many
very good college safeties in that he is very productive vs the run and on passes in front of him, but is going to have trouble
getting outside to help in pass coverage and will not be consistent in tight M/M coverage due to his struggles flipping hips
to turn and run with man. Overall, Asante is not an elite safety prospect, but has many of the tools to become a solid starting
safety in the NFL who makes an impact vs the run, on passes in front of him and on the coverage units of their special teams.

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

« #5 : November 30, 2010, 05:01:54 PM »

Thanks

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

« #6 : November 30, 2010, 05:02:36 PM »

Sounds like he is a thumper.

Got_Spleen

Starter

« #7 : November 30, 2010, 05:10:19 PM »

Sounds like he can be burned easily.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #8 : November 30, 2010, 05:27:32 PM »

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8177ef31/2010-Draft-Vignettes-Dezmon-Briscoe-Kansas
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d81780609/2010-Draft-Vignettes-Larry-Asante-Nebraska
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d816e3f5a

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
« #9 : November 30, 2010, 06:04:22 PM »

That's more moves on one day then I can remember mid season for the buccaneers.

I wonder if Moore is done as a buccaneer. Judging by the improvements by everyone else on the D-Line including our DE's and the Buccaneers undoubtedly spending premium pics on the position next year I can't really see him getting another shot.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #10 : November 30, 2010, 06:06:00 PM »

I wonder if Moore is done as a buccaneer. Judging by the improvements by everyone else on the D-Line including our DE's and the Buccaneers undoubtedly spending premium pics on the position next year I can't really see him getting another shot.

Very possible.  He was basically given the starting job and he could never seem to put it together.  Makes me wonder if we'll re-sign Crowder.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #11 : November 30, 2010, 06:11:23 PM »

It's good news that we won't see Sabby or Kyle Moore anymore.

BuccinTex just creamed his pants after reading Briscoe was promoted.   ;D

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #12 : November 30, 2010, 06:15:52 PM »

Very possible.  He was basically given the starting job and he could never seem to put it together.  Makes me wonder if we'll re-sign Crowder.

Moore was given the same opportunity that Sabby was given last year and we all know how that story ended.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 30, 2010, 06:25:28 PM »

Is Moore still actually injured, or are they just using this as an excuse to bury him?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 30, 2010, 06:31:33 PM »

Who knows but is True really injured anymore or has he just been demoted? I'm impressed they dumped Sabby who has got to be a huge coach tease with his physical skills but total lack of football sense.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: PISCITELLI CUT, MOORE TO I.R., MORE ROSTER MOVES « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools