Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Miami/Gru « previous next »
Page: 1

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

: November 30, 2010, 10:10:46 PM

Wow, think this will actually happen?
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/30/report-gruden-to-be-next-canes-hc-barring-last-minute-glitch/

Not sure why he wouldn't stop to listen to SF or Dallas first.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 30, 2010, 10:30:11 PM

The scarier part is that some people are saying he's bringing in Jim Levitt as his defensive coordinator.  That's a terrifying combination for fans of other ACC teams.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 01, 2010, 07:56:04 AM

Can you imagine both of those guys yelling at you?  Jeebus...

The scarier part is that some people are saying he's bringing in Jim Levitt as his defensive coordinator.  That's a terrifying combination for fans of other ACC teams.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 01, 2010, 09:41:13 AM

I don't see Gruden ever leaving the booth....the next Madden.

I wouldn't be surprised, but I highly doubt it. 

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 01, 2010, 01:29:25 PM

Can you imagine both of those guys yelling at you?  Jeebus...

Leavitt would have to be in ther booth .... No sideline is that big.

Got_Spleen

Starter

#5 : December 02, 2010, 03:41:16 PM

Gruden officially declined a little over an hour ago.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/um-hurricanes/sfl-jon-gruden-miami-hurricanes-coach,0,6862137.story
sun-sentinel.com/sports/um-hurricanes/sfl-jon-gruden-miami-hurricanes-coach,0,6862137.story

South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
It's official: Jon Gruden says he will not coach the Miami Hurricanes
By Steve Gorten

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

2:30 PM EST, December 2, 2010

CORAL GABLES

Advertisement

Jon Gruden said on an ESPN conference call on Thursday that he's "committed" to his job as an analyst for the network and definitely will not become the next Miami Hurricanes football coach.

"If I can help [UM athletic director] Kirby [Hocutt] and the Hurricanes find the right guy, I'm here to help them do that," Gruden said on the call with reporters.

He also said of the UM job, which came open when Hocutt fired Randy Shannon on Sunday night, "That was not something I wanted to do. I'm excited where I am and that's the bottom line."

Gruden met with Hocutt in Tampa on Wednesday about the job, but described it only as "an exploratory meeting" on Thursday's conference call.

Copyright 2010, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 02, 2010, 03:53:02 PM

too bad.  i would have been interested in seeing what he could accomplish there. 

Got_Spleen

Starter

#7 : December 02, 2010, 04:01:11 PM

Agreed. I was getting excited.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 03, 2010, 07:56:26 PM

Just don't see Gru as a College HC.

Can you imagine Chucky meeting with some recruit's mom, dad, grandma, etc. "ARE YOU *BEEP*ing  KIDDING ME! HELL YA WE WANT YOUR *BEEP* SON TO PLAY FOR US. Your *beeping* kid is a *beep* awesome *beep* athlete and I'd be *beeping* happy as *beep* to have that *beep* *beep* on my *beep* team"

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 03, 2010, 08:12:05 PM

Nope - never took it seriously either. The recruiting aspect, the compliance aspect....but even if Gruden did want to coach at the college level...I don't think he would not try it at a school with Miami's academic standards. That is the reason Randy Shannon couldn't make it work there - he was limited in signing the states top talent in his own backyard because of Donna Shalala's refusal to allow a separate academic standard for athletes

Randy Shannon definitely cleaned up the program, and made them respectable, but that was not enough - the Boosters and Alumni want what Jim Harbaugh has accomplished at Stanford....

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 03, 2010, 08:16:18 PM

Just don't see Gru as a College HC.

Can you imagine Chucky meeting with some recruit's mom, dad, grandma, etc. "ARE YOU *BEEP*ing  KIDDING ME! HELL YA WE WANT YOUR *BEEP* SON TO PLAY FOR US. Your *beeping* kid is a *beep* awesome *beep* athlete and I'd be *beeping* happy as *beep* to have that *beep* *beep* on my *beep* team"
yeah, I'm sure the parents of all the kids on the Carrollwood Day team hate having him around their sons.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 03, 2010, 08:44:12 PM

Gruden coaching Miami or any college team will never happen as they do not allow 40 year old guys to play college ball, plus that would mean Gruden would actually have to develop players!!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Miami/Gru « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools