Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Apology « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

: December 01, 2010, 05:16:21 PM

Did not mean to call out the Glazers on the blackout, I am just so frustrated with the lack of fan support and blackouts! It just really ticks me off and it's just embarrassing, everyone I talk to always mentions that we can't sell out blah blah blah, it just is a shame. Fans go to see your team! GO BUCS!

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#1 : December 01, 2010, 05:18:56 PM

Did not mean to call out the Glazers on the blackout, I am just so frustrated with the lack of fan support and blackouts! It just really ticks me off and it's just embarrassing, everyone I talk to always mentions that we can't sell out blah blah blah, it just is a shame. Fans go to see your team! GO BUCS!
It really is the fan's fault. The Glazers have spoiled them for years buying up all remaining tickets with their own cash to avoid blackouts. I do not blame the Glazers, I blame the fans.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\".....Unknown Author.

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 01, 2010, 05:25:52 PM

It's very frustrating for me. I love this team and it pains me to see no fan support.
I know what you are saying. I have never lived in Tampa. Grew up in New England and now live in Kansas City. I wish I could go to the stadium every Sunday to watch my team I have loved for my entire life. There are fans that will spend gas money driving out of the TV market area to a sports bar and drop $50 or $60 in booze and food instead of buying a ticket. Makes no sense to me.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\".....Unknown Author.

You Mad

Pro Bowler

#3 : December 01, 2010, 05:31:48 PM

I know the economy is completely suck but Jacksonville manages to not have blackouts.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : December 01, 2010, 05:47:37 PM

I know the economy is completely suck but Jacksonville manages to not have blackouts.

Not very often - they've had several blackouts. The last game I saw had a ton of empty seats. They only have one home game last season without a blackout.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sports/The-NFL-is-Closer-to-Moving-to-LA-But-With-What-Team-111129689.html

The economy has much to do with it. People aren't going to shell out $90/ea for tickets when they barely can pay their mortgage.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

kbl117

Starter

#5 : December 01, 2010, 05:50:14 PM

1) The owners have put the least amount of money back into their product than ANY other NFL franchise the past 5 years, and the fans have every right to not support that type of business. This town bought the Glazers a stadium, and bent over and got raped for years by tehse owners when the owners had the opportunity to do so. I know as diehard fans it is frustrating and embarrassing to see a half empty stadium for a winning team, but the Glazers deserve it and teh fans shouldnt continue shelling out ducats

2) why is a fan creating an apology thread to the owners on a bucs message board?

Also, it should be said that this 7-3 team has had no heart on defense and very little defensive excitement, and the offense still isnt blowing anyoen away. What Im tryint to say is, theres no superstar talent to attract fans which comes back to the Glazers not spending money

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 01, 2010, 05:53:45 PM

Its still a work in progress. This team will get more fan support when we beat some good teams. Only Diehards that populate this board will shell out the dough to watch progression take place.

Tampa is a notorious bad sports town despite having 2 championship teams here (Bolts,Bucs). The only thing that brought fans to the stadium was the perennial playoff caliber defense we had.

Bring back that Defense = More fans in the stands.

It also doesnt help that Tampa has over a 10% unemployment rate and is just an hour or so away from Disney,Universal Studios, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Beach, Shopping, etc. Florida has so much to do and sometimes people rather just not deal with the traffic and parking at the stadium. I remember having to park at  a FedEx game for the Bucs/Skins game....took 45 minutes to get a quarter mile! One of the things I hate the most is sitting in traffic.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 01, 2010, 05:55:08 PM

"It pains me to see no fan support" -------heard the same thing about the Rays when the Trop was half filled. But the Rays had the highest television audience for many of their final stretch games. So in other words, the fan interest/support was there - just not in attendance (economy).  You can't necessarily say the people in the area are apathetic about the Bucs because of the empty seats. I guarantee that if the home games were televised, they'd have a lot of viewers.   I'm seeing a lot of folks around this town with Buc gear on.  They just can't shell out the $$ to see the games in person.

BuccaNova

Starter
#8 : December 01, 2010, 05:59:52 PM

1) The owners have put the least amount of money back into their product than ANY other NFL franchise the past 5 years, and the fans have every right to not support that type of business. This town bought the Glazers a stadium, and bent over and got raped for years by tehse owners when the owners had the opportunity to do so. I know as diehard fans it is frustrating and embarrassing to see a half empty stadium for a winning team, but the Glazers deserve it and teh fans shouldnt continue shelling out ducats

2) why is a fan creating an apology thread to the owners on a bucs message board?

Also, it should be said that this 7-3 team has had no heart on defense and very little defensive excitement, and the offense still isnt blowing anyoen away. What Im tryint to say is, theres no superstar talent to attract fans which comes back to the Glazers not spending money

I have seldom read a post that I disagreed more with in every respect.  I vote the opposite on all of these things. 

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 01, 2010, 06:09:38 PM

This town bought the Glazers a stadium

The town didn't buy the Glazers **CENSORED**, they rent RayJay... it's not theirs.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 01, 2010, 06:16:18 PM

Tampa Bay

The City of Fairweather fans? Ehhh doubt it, I know there were plenty of diehards that stuck through the **CENSORED**ty seasons in the 70's/80's/and majority of the 90's.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 01, 2010, 06:29:59 PM

What a bunch of b.s...... and crappy excuse. Sounds like the ramblings of a front-running "fan".

-------------------------------------------------------

GenBrooks55

Practice Squad

#12 : December 01, 2010, 06:48:07 PM

I just got back from the Ticketmaster website. It shows approximately 3 to 4 thousand tickets available. I'll be heading that way Sunday, but I will probably buy my ticket/s from tickets that have already been purchased. I looked at seat availability & in all honesty 20 rows up on the upper-deck at $ 105.00/ticket is a bit of steep !  Add to that that I've been able to get tickets this season for 1/2 of face value ( although I don't expect that to be the case on Sunday), & then it makes that decision so much simpler !

I also agree that the Glazers have not done any favors to the fans by holding tight & not bringing additional talent to the team.

GenBrooks55

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 01, 2010, 06:51:38 PM

What did additional talent do for the Redskins?   This team isn't ready for that added free agent to put them over the top - would have been a waste of money, imo.  Maybe in the future (MLB) when  Freeman, Williams, Blount, et al need a key free agent player to help them. Right now with rebuilding, free agency isn't what they need.

The Glazers reduced a lot of season tickets to $350/10 games (upper level). That's quite a price reduction on their part.  I've paid those $90-120 prices in the past, but never again.  I'll listen on the radio before I pay that again (and I can afford it). Just not worth it in my opinion

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 01, 2010, 07:11:40 PM

Just my opinion but I think we would have sold out this game if we would have managed to beat ATL or the Ravens last week. This town seems like they dont want to invest in their own team unless they know that they are going to see a winner. Which is a shame. I hope I will be able to see a game when I get home soon. That Seahawks game could be one that I hopefully go see. I feel your pain Chaz.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Apology « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools