Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Apology « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 01, 2010, 07:17:35 PM

Also, it should be said that this 7-3 team has had no heart on defense and very little defensive excitement, and the offense still isnt blowing anyoen away.

First, they're 7-4.

Second, those 16 interceptions (2nd in the league) are pretty exciting.

What Im tryint to say is, theres no superstar talent to attract fans which comes back to the Glazers not spending money

Right.  All the superstars in the league are on their teams because the owners bought them in FA.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 01, 2010, 08:57:59 PM

Also, it should be said that this 7-3 team has had no heart on defense and very little defensive excitement, and the offense still isnt blowing anyoen away.

First, they're 7-4.

Second, those 16 interceptions (2nd in the league) are pretty exciting.

What Im tryint to say is, theres no superstar talent to attract fans which comes back to the Glazers not spending money

Right.  All the superstars in the league are on their teams because the owners bought them in FA.

I still can't believe Peyton Manning signed with the Colts. If our owners weren't afraid to spend we could have gotten him!1!!oneone!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 01, 2010, 10:35:22 PM

Flew into Tampa yesterday. Tried to buy a Freeman throwback jersey but my size was sold out. In one store, all of the Freeman throwbacks were sold out. So, people can buy a $60-$80 jersey
but they can't go to the game? Right now, there are $46 tickets available on TM. Not great seats but you're in the stadium. Plus, they have those $10 coupons floating around.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 01, 2010, 11:34:05 PM

like i said Joe, its all about excuses.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BP1

Pro Bowler

#19 : December 02, 2010, 12:13:17 AM

I think many Bucs fans are also watching the home games online. I have a question regarding being a fan.  Is it not possible to be a big fan of the team without attending games? I get the feeling from some posting on here that you are not a great fan unless you attend games.

DiSalvo

Starter

#20 : December 02, 2010, 07:52:48 AM

The Glazerhouses are too stupid to put thier team on TV , so although the team is doing well , no one realizes it ... or cares.

They have no one to blame but themselves. It would be like McDonalds deciciding to take all thier commercials off the air everytime quarterly sales were down . It would be counter-productive.  Your team playing on the television is the best advertisement you could possibly buy. Get a clue , Glazerhouses.
: December 02, 2010, 07:56:39 AM DiSalvo

DiSalvo

Starter

#21 : December 02, 2010, 07:55:22 AM

I think many Bucs fans are also watching the home games online. I have a question regarding being a fan.  Is it not possible to be a big fan of the team without attending games? I get the feeling from some posting on here that you are not a great fan unless you attend games.

The ones who claim that attending the games is the only way you can be a fan are usually the ones who have mommy and daddy buying thier tickets for them...

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#22 : December 02, 2010, 08:26:12 AM

1) The owners have put the least amount of money back into their product than ANY other NFL franchise the past 5 years, and the fans have every right to not support that type of business. This town bought the Glazers a stadium, and bent over and got raped for years by tehse owners when the owners had the opportunity to do so. I know as diehard fans it is frustrating and embarrassing to see a half empty stadium for a winning team, but the Glazers deserve it and teh fans shouldnt continue shelling out ducats

2) why is a fan creating an apology thread to the owners on a bucs message board?

Also, it should be said that this 7-3 team has had no heart on defense and very little defensive excitement, and the offense still isnt blowing anyoen away. What Im tryint to say is, theres no superstar talent to attract fans which comes back to the Glazers not spending money
Drafting well is the #1 way that teams increase their payroll. By drafting well you have young players who earn bigger contracts with big signing bonuses and big salaries. Teams that don't draft well and thus have no players to resign to big contracts (Bucs 02-08) have small payrolls because there is no one to sign. You could overpay for crusty veterans (Redskins, Cowboys, etc..) but that gets you nowhere but cap hell. If you are astute enough to draft a bushel of these young stars (Bucs 09-10) then you will eventually have to resign these stars to bigger contracts with big bonuses and then when Freeman, M Williams, Benn, Talib, and all the others who are not making a lot yet get these bigger contracts the Bucs will miraculously have one of the top 10 payrolls in the league. Hard to grasp heh?? No not really unless you want to ignore the facts. This team is well on its way to having the Glazers happily pay more to the successful bunch on this team.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#23 : December 02, 2010, 08:39:39 AM

Flew into Tampa yesterday. Tried to buy a Freeman throwback jersey but my size was sold out. In one store, all of the Freeman throwbacks were sold out. So, people can buy a $60-$80 jersey
but they can't go to the game? Right now, there are $46 tickets available on TM. Not great seats but you're in the stadium. Plus, they have those $10 coupons floating around.

Basic consumer economics  of utility......jerseys last a lifetime, a game last 3 hrs.  Also, most people go to games as families - so that $45 ticket ends up costing families $200-250/game then throw in parking, food, drinks - if they buy that sort of stuff.  Besides, maybe those people buying those sold-out jerseys will be in RJS anyway.

PS see my thread about grown men wearing an other man's jersey.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 02, 2010, 08:42:33 AM

Used to see the same thing concerning the Rays. They'd half-fill the Trop during the playoff cliniching games and people would say that there are no Rays fans - but TV ratings were on top in the area for those games.

So no, you don't have to go to the games to be a true fan.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 02, 2010, 08:48:53 AM

You know guys it's still the NFL's fault and ultimately the owner's fault.  This economy is horrific right now.  You'd think that the owner's would in some way at least attempt to make the old out dated blackout rule fair?  But no.  They'd rather put it back on the fans who they have been trying to price out for years.  So please with being pissed at your fellow fans.  I'm sorry I'm not feeling bad because I can no longer afford to go to a game.  I don't hate on the Glazers for it, but without a doubt the league could do something about and they just won't so take that anger towards your fellow fan and put it back where it belongs...not on us...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 02, 2010, 08:55:48 AM

I agree. The rule is outdated - for times when tickets where $15 (used to pay that much for Sombrerro games).   Maybe move the blackout rule to 75% tickets sold. Seems like they're hurting themselves by not broadcasting to the local area -

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 02, 2010, 09:11:36 AM

I agree. The rule is outdated - for times when tickets where $15 (used to pay that much for Sombrerro games).   Maybe move the blackout rule to 75% tickets sold. Seems like they're hurting themselves by not broadcasting to the local area -

They will tell you they are "Protecting the Sheild" and in a healthy economy they have every right and it would not be a big deal.  However these are not normal circumstances.  Every other business that I know of that caters to consumers are giving discounts and the like to keep people coming in.  But not the NFL.  Heck like I said I'm not even asking them to stop blackouts I'm asking to make the rule a little more fair for the times we are in instead of again punishing the consumer because the majority of us can't afford it like we used to. 

Just a change to the rule has to be a win win for everyone.

You get more people at the game
You get more parking/conncession revenue
You get more local and national advertising reaching more homes
Not to mention the goodwill in communities such as ours where the economy has hit the worst

I mean really there's too much sense to make this move vs being greedy (filth foul filths) owners and call yourselves protecting your investment.  We love football so much that we let this game dictate to us how we watch it and what we pay for that entertainment.  I'm a junkie like so many of you no doubt but I'd love to freeze them out for a whole Sunday and let them know that the consumers still have a voice...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#28 : December 02, 2010, 09:13:30 AM

Doesn't make you any less of a fan, but don't complain when the games are blacked out. If you as a fan are not buying tickets, you are also responsible for the blackout. Idiot fans like the one below your post want to blame the Glazers, but it is an NFL rule. The Clazers spoiled Buccs fans for years by buying up extra tickets to keep games from blacking out. They should be thanked, not bashed.

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

BuccaNova

Starter
#29 : December 02, 2010, 09:22:31 AM

Living in Dan Snyder's town has made me appreciate the Glazers a lot more.  He may spend millions of useless, thrown-away dollars on free-agency and multi-tiered player/coaching disasters, but I can tell you this, he would never pick up the tickets EVEN ONCE so fans could see it on TV if for some reason it didn't sell out.  Of course, the Redskins great-aunts playing replacement ball against the elite Denver Special Education team would probably sell out FedEx.   So, just cause daddy won't always pick up the check doesn't mean he's bad. There are a lot worse daddies out there.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Apology « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools