Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Profile for an ideal Dominik draft pick.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GameChanger

Rookie

#15 : July 31, 2011, 08:07:15 PM

That is the way you want to do it . Let there be 22 leaders out there and one Field General out there. Freeman is obviously the General, the rest can be Captains and etc.

These are the type of players that lead by example and are vocal too. Defense has two possible leaders in McCoy and McKenzie ( Brooks and Sapp anyone ;)?)

I am very excited and just can't wait until even PRE-SEASON starts.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 01, 2011, 01:20:11 AM

There was some research done about what most NFL prospects that are successful have in common, and the one prevailing factor was service time. Guys that started for at least three years had more success than guys who were only one or two year starters, and guys who were four year starters tended to do even better. The longer you play, the more time you have to get familiar with the game and the more it slows down for you. I notice a lot of three and four year starters among our picks. I think that may be on purpose.
I'd say the biggest thing about extra playing time is you get extra film to study. If a player has started 35-40 games, you've seen him in every possible situation and you pretty much know exactly what he can do and what he can't. If after gaining all that knowledge you still think he's worth a top pick, chances are he's going to be good. If a player has only started 15-20 games, you may not have seen everything he can and can't do. There may be something hidden in his game that would negatively affect his chances in the NFL that you haven't seen yet.
FRG - As you said, "Film Study" when Dominik took over he revamped they way the organization scouts players and moved away from numbers and really dictated that film study of players is what the team will be basing their draft board on rather then the fluff and hype that's associated with the annual underwear brigade.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Profile for an ideal Dominik draft pick.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools