Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Trent Richardson Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 22, 2012, 08:44:22 PM

Wow.  Two children before he graduated high school.

Busy kid.

We should probably limit our draft selections to those young men who signed chastity pledges upon entering high school.  Or were able to talk their girlfriends into abortions at least. 

LOL ! Now that was funny.

I don't think Janaris Jenkins thinks its very funny right now, nor will he when he is sitting on the couch watching pick after pick go to the podium.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 22, 2012, 11:01:15 PM

Having the best running back in the league doesn't equal championships.....just ask the Vikes....

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 22, 2012, 11:04:26 PM

I don't dispute his sense of responsibility, and I never claimed that his children should be a draft deterrent.  You'd just think that after kid numero uno at age sixteen, birth control of any kind would be a priority.
+1

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 22, 2012, 11:12:59 PM

Having the best running back in the league doesn't equal championships.....just ask the Vikes....

Exactly.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#34 : April 22, 2012, 11:42:58 PM

THE VIKINGS **CENSORED**ING SUCK. THE JAGUARS **CENSORED**ING SUCK. Damn. What is wrong with you idiots? There's like 3 players on each of those teams that you can even name off the top of your head, and none of them have been Pro-Bowlers besides the RB's and Jared Allen. I've said this like 9589428023 times in the past couple months.....it is NOT their fault that their GM's are incompentent and have put zero talent around their RB's. It's not a guarantee that whatever RB you draft in the late rounds or grab undrafted is going to be the next Blount or Foster, or if you grab one a little after the 1st round he's going to be the next Rice or McCoy. So just because we can take one in the 2nd round instead of the first doesn't mean that we won't possibly be taking a guy who will turn out to be more Donald Brown than AP.

Buc45

Starter
#35 : April 22, 2012, 11:43:01 PM

Just ask Atlanta what a good back (Turner), can do for your team.   The problem for Minnesota is not their running game...as a matter of fact, their running game is the only thing keeping them competitive.... I like our young talent a lot more and adding TR would be a huge plus...

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 22, 2012, 11:48:06 PM

THE VIKINGS **CENSORED**ING SUCK. THE JAGUARS **CENSORED**ING SUCK. Damn. What is wrong with you idiots? There's like 3 players on each of those teams that you can even name off the top of your head, and none of them have been Pro-Bowlers besides the RB's and Jared Allen. I've said this like 9589428023 times in the past couple months.....it is NOT their fault that their GM's are incompentent and have put zero talent around their RB's. It's not a guarantee that whatever RB you draft in the late rounds or grab undrafted is going to be the next Blount or Foster, or if you grab one a little after the 1st round he's going to be the next Rice or McCoy. So just because we can take one in the 2nd round instead of the first doesn't mean that we won't possibly be taking a guy who will turn out to be more Donald Brown than AP.

The bucs **CENSORED**ing suck! What's your point?

buchead

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 22, 2012, 11:54:19 PM

Ive been trying hard not to call this guy overrated because I think he will be damn good. But got dammit this is enough. This guy has been way over sold. Unforgettable talent? The best player in the draft? The gut isn't overly fast or overly powerful. He breaks arm tackles but there isn't aRB starting in the nfl that doesn't  consistently break arm tackles. Now if he was running guys slap over and not breaking stride like Adrian Peterson use to then fine. How can people say Andrew Luck is the best QB to come out in 20 years then say this kid is the best player in the draft. Not to mention that other kid with olympic track speed and pinpoint accuracy. I do think TRich is the best RB in the draft and will immediately contribute 1200 yards but for whatever reason the media has went way overboard on him.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#38 : April 22, 2012, 11:57:12 PM

The Bucs do not suck. They had the worst coaching staff in the league for the last 3 years and quit halfway through last year. There's a LOT of really promising young talent that's been waiting for good coaching for the past few years. Regardless of the schedule they had, they won 10 games just the year before last with the exact same roster aside from a punter.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 23, 2012, 12:20:10 AM

but the Bucs are awesome!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 23, 2012, 12:58:09 AM

The Bucs do not suck. They had the worst coaching staff in the league for the last 3 years and quit halfway through last year. There's a LOT of really promising young talent that's been waiting for good coaching for the past few years. Regardless of the schedule they had, they won 10 games just the year before last with the exact same roster aside from a punter.

Meh..they do suck..

Besides special teams...Out of the 22 guys who would start tomorrow if there were a game...there are only 2 good, consistent, solid players on offense and only 1 on defense...

The 2 on offense were just signed in FA, and the one on defense is in his final year and is 37 years young.

That leaves 19 other starters who:
A. have showed signs of potential, but have yet to string back to back productive seasons together..
B. Are and will be nothing more than average..
C. Just flat out suck...

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 23, 2012, 06:23:44 AM

Meh..they do suck..

Besides special teams...Out of the 22 guys who would start tomorrow if there were a game...there are only 2 good, consistent, solid players on offense and only 1 on defense...

The 2 on offense were just signed in FA, and the one on defense is in his final year and is 37 years young.

A. have showed signs of potential, but have yet to string back to back productive seasons together..
C. Just flat out suck...

But...

Yeah - I thought of half a dozen names that I thought weren't members of the "Nasty 19", but every name I thought of fell into the "a" catagory.

Good call.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#42 : April 23, 2012, 08:33:19 AM

Um...the Bucs have been the youngest team in the whole league for the past 3 years. Most of the players haven't had enough years to possibly "string together productive years". Every teams fans are tough on their players, especially after a 4-12 season. But there is a lot more talent on this roster than that record indicates. Funny how most of you guys were the ones sucking last regime's **CENSORED** and praising every single damn player on this squad down to the waterboy after the 10-6 year. Davin Joseph has been voted to two Pro Bowls and is consistently recognized as one of the best guards in football, so you can add him to the list. Talib didn't have a good year last year but he's definitely strung together atleast a few years of above average play. Ronde, while old as dirt, has strung together a damn decade of great play for the Bucs. Donald Penn has been an above average left tackle for the last 5 years. Blount and Mike Williams suck now? 8 months ago you guys were making threads asking if those two were top 10 at their position. Winslow has been an above average tight end since the day he stepped on an NFL field. Foster has only played one season so I guess you cant add him to the part A, and the same goes for most our safety's that haven't had a chance to show what they've got but will this year. The entire defensive line hasn't played enough games yet to put them in any category but there's no doubting that their potential is through the roof if they can finally just stay on the field.

Regardless of what most of these guys have shown so far, every player on the roster will be better with actual real coaching and discipline this year. After Freeman has an amazing year this year I guarantee there will be plenty of "is Freeman a top 5 qb?" threads and debates on this forum. And if Freeman does indeed have the year I think he'll have, get ready to hear a lot more about the Bucs than you usually have. Skip Bayless loves Josh Freeman and I can see him going Tebow lovefest style on Freeman and Schiano.
: April 23, 2012, 08:40:34 AM ctrombetta

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 23, 2012, 09:20:07 AM

Meh..they do suck..

C. Just flat out suck...

But...

Yeah - I thought of half a dozen names that I thought weren't members of the "Nasty 19", but every name I thought of fell into the "a" category.

Good call.

I face the same dilemma you probably did in looking at the "nasty 19"..love that btw...I want so bad to not have those half a dozen or so sort of grouped in with the Q.B. or Biggers of this team...

...but we have seen too many rookies come in here and light up up in their first seasons and then do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING afterward...so the jury is still out on Clayborn...even though I do thoroughly believe he will break the trend.

Penn and Joseph at times look good...but at other times look bad. I dont view either one of them as top ten at their postions. The pro bowl selections really dont amount to squat when judging how good a player is...the Dallas Cowboys did not have 13 of the best players in the NFC in the 2007 season...but 13 made the pro-bowl...

Freeman needs to come out and be BETTER than he was in 2010 for me to think he is the long term answer...I recently rewatched most of the 2010 games...and he was solid...but he wasn't great...a lot of balls "bounced his way" so to speak. I do think he will string together a good season in 2012...but I thought the same thing last year...

Talib, when on, is the best player in the secondary...some games he looks fantastic...shadowing Greg Jennings against Green Bay last year, for instance..but other times he seems to get burned on the simplest of routes...hopefully this staff can get him focused...if he isn't in jail or traded..

Until Blount can add more to his resume than 3 or 4 highlight runs a year...then he isn't worth mentioning as anything more than "potentially good"...he couldn't even beat out LUMPKIN...as a 3rd down back or in on passing situations..

MW19 was probably the victim of getting more coverage thrown his way...but most good receivers in the NFL find a way to beat double coverage...V-Jax seems to do it just fine...the presence of V-Jax will help MW19 out exponentially...but MW19 still falls into the category of "potentially good"...

Mason Foster....this is me being EXTREMELY GENEROUS....he was average in 2011.

All rookies can...and should go into that "a" category...because how many rookies have we seen come in and light it up...then disappear as if they were a mirage?....TOO **CENSORED**ING MANY.

TBT....I think its great that you think that this team has a ton of talent...and I don't want to discourage you from that...I think some of these guys will pan out...

...but too many here are blinded by the "nasty 19's" potential....
: April 23, 2012, 09:22:02 AM chace1986

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 23, 2012, 12:07:19 PM

Meh..they do suck..

C. Just flat out suck...

But...

Yeah - I thought of half a dozen names that I thought weren't members of the "Nasty 19", but every name I thought of fell into the "a" category.

Good call.

I face the same dilemma you probably did in looking at the "nasty 19"..love that btw...I want so bad to not have those half a dozen or so sort of grouped in with the Q.B. or Biggers of this team...

...but we have seen too many rookies come in here and light up up in their first seasons and then do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING afterward...so the jury is still out on Clayborn...even though I do thoroughly believe he will break the trend.

Penn and Joseph at times look good...but at other times look bad. I don't view either one of them as top ten at their postions. The pro bowl selections really don't amount to squat when judging how good a player is...the Dallas Cowboys did not have 13 of the best players in the NFC in the 2007 season...but 13 made the pro-bowl...

Freeman needs to come out and be BETTER than he was in 2010 for me to think he is the long term answer...I recently rewatched most of the 2010 games...and he was solid...but he wasn't great...a lot of balls "bounced his way" so to speak. I do think he will string together a good season in 2012...but I thought the same thing last year...

Talib, when on, is the best player in the secondary...some games he looks fantastic...shadowing Greg Jennings against Green Bay last year, for instance..but other times he seems to get burned on the simplest of routes...hopefully this staff can get him focused...if he isn't in jail or traded..

Until Blount can add more to his resume than 3 or 4 highlight runs a year...then he isn't worth mentioning as anything more than "potentially good"...he couldn't even beat out LUMPKIN...as a 3rd down back or in on passing situations..

MW19 was probably the victim of getting more coverage thrown his way...but most good receivers in the NFL find a way to beat double coverage...V-Jax seems to do it just fine...the presence of V-Jax will help MW19 out exponentially...but MW19 still falls into the category of "potentially good"...

Mason Foster....this is me being EXTREMELY GENEROUS....he was average in 2011.

All rookies can...and should go into that "a" category...because how many rookies have we seen come in and light it up...then disappear as if they were a mirage?....TOO **CENSORED**ING MANY.

TBT....I think its great that you think that this team has a ton of talent...and I don't want to discourage you from that...I think some of these guys will pan out...

...but too many here are blinded by the "nasty 19's" potential....

Firstly, I want to clarify (I assume) that the first "you" is me, whereas the later "you" is The Blount Train.  Right?  While I do see a good amount on our current roster - I'd be more than hesitant to say we have a "ton" of it.  Furthermore, I'm hardly blinded by it.  I'm pretty sure I got that all right...

Funny that you would start with Free AND Biggers...  Free was the first guy that gave me that "Hey, wait a minute..." moment, but being as unbiased as possible, it's impossible for me to take him out of the "A-listers" squad.  I will say that I think the coaching staff, and more specifically Olly, put a serious damper on the kid's growth though.  With the moves the team has made in VJax and Nicks alone, there is very little wiggle room for Free THIS season though.  It's definitely man-up time for Free.

The mention of Biggers was a bit blindsiding though.  I really hoped the kid would be lights out as a 6'-0" CB coming in, but again - he may well have been a victim of playing for Rah.  Time will tell though, but...  get outta my dome!

As far as Free having a BETTER year than he did in 2010...  That's a pretty tall order though.  No...  I am NOT giving him a pass, before the season even starts.  It's more like this...  I DON'T expect Freeman to have a top-10 all time statistical season in terms of TD/Int ratio, but...  I DO expect us to at least contend.  In EVERY friggin' game THIS season.  Like you said...  Freeman had a lot of bounces go his way in 2010.  Hell - every QB has to have a ton of bounces go their way in order to piece together a 10-win season.

I don't want to ramble about "Freeman this", and "Freeman that", but I will say this...

I DO have a real hard time grading ANY of the Buc's current roster, if for no other reason than the previous regime was simply "that bad".

I could go right down the coaching staff's roster, and site reasons they were "that bad", but I think most of that pretty much goes without saying.  I absolutely HATE to draw any comparisons to the military - if for no other reason than to not disrespect our military in ANY way - but I must...

You can have a squad, platoon, division...  Hell, you can have an entire army of absolute bad asses, and they will be rendered absolutely USELESS - if their leadership is as totally incompetent as the previous regime was.

The jump from Morris to Schiano is the equivalent of going from Gomer Pyle to General Patton.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Trent Richardson Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools