Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Black or Hayes? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 05, 2010, 10:11:25 PM

Hayes.  And make it open competition between Black and Watson.
What about Heyward? I thought he played solid when he filled in.

Condor Bastadon

Starter

#16 : December 05, 2010, 10:17:59 PM

Black already has competition at his spot with Watson and Heyward. Hayes has no legit competition and he needs some. Dude is highly inconsistent.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 06, 2010, 12:22:21 AM

I don't know why Hayes gets the support he does. He isn't very good. The Bucs need a high end LBer. None of the guys on the roster are very likely to every be considered in that vein.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 06, 2010, 01:42:46 AM

Hayes is invisible most weeks and constantly has guys break his tiny little arm tackles....but he makes a big play every 3 or 4 weeks and apparently that is good enough for some fans. Not me. We need atleast one playmaker in our LB corps and it ain't Hayes. Atleast not now. The guy is like 22 or 23 so I'd like to keep him as depth and see if he can become a better LB....but right now he would be a back up on just about every roster in the NFL. Same goes for Black to be honest. Black is like 28 and he isn't going to get better. He's in his Prime.

I hope we get MLB Nate Irving and OLB Chris Carter in the draft, and grab Justin Durant and/or Marcus Benard in free agency. Then let there be an open competition.

Draft Aaron Donald

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#19 : December 06, 2010, 01:49:39 AM

All three of our LBs are average at best. We could do better, but we could also do worse. I think DE is a bigger concern along with the OL.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#20 : December 06, 2010, 02:13:32 AM

Bruce Carter, UNC?

http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/carter_bruce01.html

The quest for .500 begins...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 06, 2010, 02:21:56 AM

Bruce Carter is way over rated IMO. I don't think he'll translate to the NFL well at all, but he's projected to be a 1st - 2nd round pick. I'd hate to see us make that move.

Chris Carter, Fresno State however is more like a 3rd or 4th round pick. He's totally underrated. Great motor and a natural pass rusher. Just born to do it. Plus he's tough. You can see him in this vid from last year playing half the season with a broken hand and playing quite well. No video for this year yet, but he has doubled his sack total and looked great.

: December 06, 2010, 02:26:09 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 06, 2010, 02:31:36 AM

Basicly when I watch RAheem's defense I get the idea that he wants to stick with bigger physical linemen that can stop the run, and do more blitzing to get pressure on the QB. All three of our starting LBs suck at pass rushing, so I'd be surprised if the entire group didn't get a major overhaul this off season.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#23 : December 06, 2010, 02:37:12 AM

Ooooh, what about UNC's leading tackler this season, Zach "4.28/40" Brown? Love that kind of speed and production.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 06, 2010, 08:35:37 AM

Hayes.  And make it open competition between Black and Watson.

This one.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 06, 2010, 08:36:23 AM

Ooooh, what about UNC's leading tackler this season, Zach "4.28/40" Brown? Love that kind of speed and production.

I love the speed too, but no sacks in his entire college career is a red flag to me. Plus he's 6'2" 220lbs. Another little guy like Geno that will get blown up and ran thru. I'm hoping we get some bigger meaner guys instead of the smaller finesse guys we always seem to draft. Donte Moch is another LB with crazy speed that is climbing the charts, but I hope we stay far away from this guy. He has about the same instincts as Sabby Piscatelli. Let the Raiders draft him.
: December 06, 2010, 08:38:21 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#26 : December 06, 2010, 10:12:26 AM

Understand.

ZzJewbaccazZ

Starter

#27 : December 06, 2010, 03:22:16 PM

Bruce Carter is way over rated IMO. I don't think he'll translate to the NFL well at all, but he's projected to be a 1st - 2nd round pick. I'd hate to see us make that move.

Chris Carter, Fresno State however is more like a 3rd or 4th round pick. He's totally underrated. Great motor and a natural pass rusher. Just born to do it. Plus he's tough. You can see him in this vid from last year playing half the season with a broken hand and playing quite well. No video for this year yet, but he has doubled his sack total and looked great.

He looks good to me. Think he might play OLB in nfl though?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 06, 2010, 03:42:04 PM

Understand.
You're an idiot if you think Bowers is going to be there for the first pick.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 06, 2010, 04:07:04 PM

He looks good to me. Think he might play OLB in nfl though?

He made the switch from DE to OLB mid way thru the 2009 season and excelled. This year he has played almost exclusively at OLB and has been great. I think he'd provide much more play making ability than Hayes or Black. Right now he's projected to be a 4th round pick. If he keeps that draft grade and we can really get him in the 3rd or 4th, I think he'd be an absolute steal.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Black or Hayes? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools