Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shep #4 KR in NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 03, 2006, 10:04:34 PM

Well, you're talking about the difference between individual player stats. I thought you were talking about the coaches here. Overall KO returns have Houston averaging 23.4 (12th overall) and Tampa Bay averaging 22.0 (18th). On punt returns, Tampa Bay is averaging 8.0 (16th in the NFL) and Houston 6.0 (26th in the league).

Of course, TB's averages are against better special teams units (including the #1 overall in the league) while Houston's numbers were amassed against much lesser competition.

I go by individual perfomances.  Marcianno's track record speaks for itself considering the Bucs lost a lot when he left.  Bissacia and Muir are bad.  And once again I must  stress the idea to have Pittman do kick returns was Pittman's idea as well as Gruden's not Bissacia.  Simply put Bissacia has done nothing special on special teams and Muir has done nothing special either.  Only time the o-line looks decent is with Kromer or Lomas.  Muir and Bissacia are here collecting paychecks.

G-Snake

Rookie

#31 : October 03, 2006, 11:33:07 PM

What difference would it make if he were here? Our QBs collectively (Grads is exempt for now) can't even get the ball to Galloway and Clayton, let alone a 4th or 5th WR.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 04, 2006, 08:35:59 AM

I go by individual perfomances.

Well, that explains a lot.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#33 : October 04, 2006, 08:48:49 AM

I always liked Shep, and thought he was being unfairly judged by one pass.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#34 : October 04, 2006, 08:50:02 AM

I always liked Shep, and thought he was being unfairly judged by one pass.

I agree 100% Abuccs. Plus, I think the one pass in the end zone in the playoffs was a bad call.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#35 : October 04, 2006, 09:03:56 AM

I have to disagree with you as far as the ruling goes. According to rule, it was an incomplete pass. The same exact scenario happened a couple weeks earlier with Roddy White and the Falcons against us. Did you think that was the wrong call, and it should have gone in favor of the Falcons on Christmas Eve?

Garv

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 04, 2006, 09:19:54 AM

Damn, if only Dalbuc was the GM, we'd be 3-0.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 04, 2006, 10:51:16 AM

At this point me, and poppi the dog, can both say we couldn't do any worse right? ;)

Seriously, the Shep/Warren issue is fairly minor since that 4th - 5th WR is pretty much junk across the board. The question for me is that given the questionable management of the bottom of the roster does that indicate anything about the way the top is handled and how does that play into the winless start we've got? It makes me wonder about where else we might have inferior players keeping gigs over more deserving players.

I would agree with you there...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

gone

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 04, 2006, 01:03:36 PM

I would agree with you there...
Me too!
We should have started Watson and cut Caddy.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shep #4 KR in NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools