Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CAM NEWTON VS THE WORLD « previous next »
Page: 1

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

: December 06, 2010, 08:31:38 PM

Should Oregon show up and bother to play? According to the SEC I mean ESPN the game is over. Cam Newton could take on Oregon by himself. I hope the spread goes to 14... and the spotlight stays on Auburn.

Today Ive heard Oregons front 4 is too small and will wear down vs Cammy. Last i checked the fat DL in the SEC couldnt slow him down, maybe a small faster DL could possibly have a better chance.

Im not trying to rip on Auburn because they deserve to be #1 and Im not going to say Oregon is going to win, but what Shelly Smith told me the national media is in bed with the SEC. The calls from Alabama into local sports radio here shows that its not just a game, its downright scary how delusional and disrespectful some of the fans are.

Im just excited to get to Glendale, should be one of the better national championships.

CTGuyton

Second String

#1 : December 06, 2010, 09:31:23 PM

I hope, for Ducks fans, it is a good one. But I'm predicting a slaughter.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 07, 2010, 09:43:24 AM

Its really hard to predict a game like this.  Especially considering how far away the game is. 

We still have OVER a month to wait.  Ridiculous, in my opinion.  I really hate that about college football's "championship".  Why can't it be next weekend?  Would the ratings be any different?  I doubt it. 

There's no telling what this game will be like.  The time off favors Oregon.  A lot of time to prepare for Auburn's offense. 

Both of these teams are fun to watch.  I think it'll be a good game.  No blowout.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 07, 2010, 12:12:46 PM

I hope, for Ducks fans, it is a good one. But I'm predicting a slaughter.

Based on stats? Oh wait...

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 07, 2010, 12:14:46 PM

Its really hard to predict a game like this.  Especially considering how far away the game is. 

We still have OVER a month to wait.  Ridiculous, in my opinion.  I really hate that about college football's "championship".  Why can't it be next weekend?  Would the ratings be any different?  I doubt it. 

There's no telling what this game will be like.  The time off favors Oregon.  A lot of time to prepare for Auburn's offense. 

Both of these teams are fun to watch.  I think it'll be a good game.  No blowout.

I agree. Time off helps Oregon. Game will be decided by one or 2 stops

Runole

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 07, 2010, 01:51:52 PM

Personally I think this whole Cam Newton situation is among the most disappointing things I have viewed in over 50 years of watching College Football.

How this kid is still being allowed on the playing field and still a front runner for the Heisman Trophy is baffling!

Everything is fine for Cam to win the Heisman if the following occurs:

1. Make it only an Award for the best football player in country enrolled at a college.

2. eliminate the word STUDENT from the award.

3. eliminate any Ethics or Exemplary behavior from the award.

4. eliminate the word Amateur from the award.

5. do not attach any Integrity or Honesty clause to the award

Finally, I think that PETA and the SPCA should give a lifetime achievement award to Michael Vick for his actions concerning man's best friend, and of course the National Organization of Battered Women should be petitioning for the release of their next chairman OJ Simpson from prison.

As long as they are GOOD football players does anything else matter?

Why should any school follow any NCAA rules? Don't report anything and just say repeatedly: "WE HAVE NO PROOF PERHAPS IF YOU CAN FIND IT ON YOUR DIME?" And this should be stated regardless if you do or don't have proof of a violation. I guess that is just the way the country rolls today!

Can someone explain if the FBI investigation uncovers all sorts of fraud etc concerning Auburn should the NCAA just ignore their findings? 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 09, 2010, 03:03:16 PM

Darron Thomas passed for 28 td's, averaged 5.8 ypc
Cam newton ".                                                                    "

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 10, 2010, 09:09:42 AM

As long as they are GOOD football players does anything else matter?

No.

JereLinc

Rookie
#8 : December 21, 2010, 03:51:05 AM

I bet the Auburn-Oregon game will be highscoring for both teams and as said above, it'll be decided on 2-3 stops.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CAM NEWTON VS THE WORLD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools