Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: so urban meyer is stepping down « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

A2Buc

Practice Squad
#15 : December 09, 2010, 06:47:57 AM

I really want Stew gone man, I'd be ok with Houston's coach too. Heck I'd even take Rich back, I still want to finish what he started here. I am at the point where I want stew gone asap.

I hope Rich is kept at Michigan and now that Michigan alum Chuck Heater is potentially available, he would be a great choice for DC here in Ann Arbor. Mullen would be a great choice for UF.

As far as Stewart, I heard that he was retiring... any truth to those rumors?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 09, 2010, 11:24:47 AM

Seems the kids didn't take it too well?

http://mississippi.scout.com/2/1029488.html

without clicking on the link, what does a mississippi website have to do with this?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bucshot420

Starter

#17 : December 09, 2010, 01:24:06 PM

My list is very short! Just say no to JG as a college head coach.  My personal wish list would be bring back Spurrier, Dan Mullen, or Charlie Strong.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 09, 2010, 02:10:35 PM

Seems the kids didn't take it too well?

http://mississippi.scout.com/2/1029488.html

without clicking on the link, what does a mississippi website have to do with this?

It was taken from a gator site...

Runole

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 09, 2010, 02:17:54 PM

It would appear that my opinion of Urban Meyer as well as my criticism of UF and how they run their program seems to be finally seeing the light.

A national source  No less?  Pat in the past has generally been a Meyer and gator cheerleader...   Glad to see he is finally seeing the light!

WARNING... If you wear ORANGE AND BLUE glasses you will not like this....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=5900096

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 09, 2010, 04:18:14 PM

It would appear that my opinion of Urban Meyer as well as my criticism of UF and how they run their program seems to be finally seeing the light.

I used to be on the fence about you being a full-blown retard.  Not anymore.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 09, 2010, 04:32:09 PM

heres a quote from Pat Forde in the referenced article...

"You walk away from one of the two best jobs in your profession"

you dont need to wear ORANGE AND BLUE glasses to like that.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 09, 2010, 08:37:04 PM

"Unfortunately, during the five-year period in which the violations occurred," continued Mr. Toner, "the football coaching staff operated unimpeded by any effort being exerted by the university's director of athletics or any other administrative authority at the university to assure control of the football program. Due to this fact, as well as the serious nature of many of the violations in this case, the Committee on Infractions and the Council considered this to be among the most serious infractions cases ever processed by the NCAA.

Nice to know the NCAA agrees with my thoughts. Not that I always agree with their commentary but I do believe they got THE UNIVERSITY of "HELL YES WE CHEAT"
labeled perfectly.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 09, 2010, 08:38:46 PM

heres a quote from Pat Forde in the referenced article...

"You walk away from one of the two best jobs in your profession"

you dont need to wear ORANGE AND BLUE glasses to like that.

If that is what you took for the summation of the article  thanks for perfectly confirming the typical gator fan for me. :P

Snook

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 09, 2010, 08:40:44 PM

I've heard Spurrier... I've heard Mullen... I've heard Petrino... all current SEC coaches.

But no one's mentioned Gene Chizik.  Afterall, he's a UF grad and originally from Clearwater.

You never know... he might be looking to bail out on Auburn here soon.

Its just a matter of time before the NCAA take a dump on Auburn.  They just want to wait for their fat ratings first.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 10, 2010, 09:14:44 AM

I've heard Spurrier... I've heard Mullen... I've heard Petrino... all current SEC coaches.

But no one's mentioned Gene Chizik.  Afterall, he's a UF grad and originally from Clearwater.

You never know... he might be looking to bail out on Auburn here soon.

Its just a matter of time before the NCAA take a dump on Auburn.  They just want to wait for their fat ratings first.
Is he really a good coach?

He's a defensive coach.  His defense, as a whole, stinks. He stunk at Iowa St.  The only reason he's in this game is because of his OC and Cam Newton.  Without either Newton or Gus M, they're a 5 loss team.  Easy.  I think we'll know next year what kid of coach he is.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#26 : December 10, 2010, 09:36:20 AM

At the risk of being labled "special", I do think there may be more to all this than just wanting to spend time with the family .... health, 7-5, all the legal run ins, just fed up with coaching.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 10, 2010, 09:56:47 AM

Still surprised Muschamp hasn't been in the mix for some of these openings.  I like his firey personality/watching him actually coach his players.

Muschamp is Texas' "coach-in-waiting".

Just stay away from Randy Edsall.

LMAO...don't worry.

How many coaches in this era have you seen take a team from Div 1-AA to a major bowl game in 7 years and 4 bowl appearances / 3 wins... with ZERO 4-star (or better), recruits and ZERO 3-star (or better) QB's?

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#28 : December 10, 2010, 10:04:01 AM

I'm sure Chucky's name will be thrown out there - would be an interesting thing to see. Hope it happens. But he's better suited for the NFL, imo.

I seem to be somewhat in the minority (at least on GBN) as I think Jon would be a great college coach

His rah rah attitude is perfectly suited for the college game. He has no issues with staying out late and doing things. I dont see a HC that would ot recruit him.

Just about the time the players attitude about Gruden wears think "poof"  they are gone to the NFL then he gets another group of kids who thinks he is god

He can hand pick the guys he wants he doesnt have to worry about salary caps, GMs, or cheap ownership he gets his guys if he wants them all he has to do is work for them

No I think when its all said and done...it may not be this time around, but it will be sometime Jon will be a college coach and he will be one of the top 3

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 10, 2010, 10:27:52 AM

How many coaches in this era have you seen take a team from Div 1-AA to a major bowl game in 7 years and 4 bowl appearances / 3 wins... with ZERO 4-star (or better), recruits and ZERO 3-star (or better) QB's?

Your making this "major bowl" sound better than it actually is.  I haven't seen too many 8-4 football teams with the 79th toughest SOS in a major bowl games.  You can slobber all over Edsall if you want, but I wouldn't be excited at all about him coming to Gainesville.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: so urban meyer is stepping down « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools