Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: so urban meyer is stepping down « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 10, 2010, 10:29:44 AM

It would appear that my opinion of Urban Meyer as well as my criticism of UF and how they run their program seems to be finally seeing the light.

I used to be on the fence about you being a full-blown retard.  Not anymore.

At the risk of being labled "special", I do think there may be more to all this than just wanting to spend time with the family .... health, 7-5, all the legal run ins, just fed up with coaching.

There are obviously many factors involved.  His allegiance to Addazio being one of them.

What the short-bus-rider tried to imply was that ESPN article validates any of his psychotic rantings about Florida, and that's comical.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 10, 2010, 10:49:30 AM

How many coaches in this era have you seen take a team from Div 1-AA to a major bowl game in 7 years and 4 bowl appearances / 3 wins... with ZERO 4-star (or better), recruits and ZERO 3-star (or better) QB's?

Your making this "major bowl" sound better than it actually is.  I haven't seen too many 8-4 football teams with the 79th toughest SOS in a major bowl games.  You can slobber all over Edsall if you want, but I wouldn't be excited at all about him coming to Gainesville.

Good.  I will.  I hope every other AD is as ignorant towards Edsall as you are.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 10, 2010, 10:58:58 AM

You're being a little too sensitive, Sally.  I'm not saying Edsall sucks, I'm saying he hasn't really done enough to be the HC at Florida.  Regardless of what the haters say, it's one of the best jobs in CFB.  Edsall isn't in that category yet.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 10, 2010, 01:51:12 PM

You're being a little too sensitive, Sally.  I'm not saying Edsall sucks, I'm saying he hasn't really done enough to be the HC at Florida.  Regardless of what the haters say, it's one of the best jobs in CFB.  Edsall isn't in that category yet.

Well, let me ask you this... did you think Urban Meyer had done enough to be the HC at Florida?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 10, 2010, 02:00:18 PM

Well, let me ask you this... did you think Urban Meyer had done enough to be the HC at Florida?

Yes.  He went undefeated at Utah and won a BCS bowl before coming to Florida.  He was 39-8 at Bowling Green and Utah before coming to Gainesville.  Edsall is 74-69 at UConn.  It's not even close.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 10, 2010, 02:33:43 PM

Yes.  He went undefeated at Utah and won a BCS bowl before coming to Florida.  He was 39-8 at Bowling Green and Utah before coming to Gainesville.  Edsall is 74-69 at UConn.  It's not even close.

Ok... so then Edsall should go coach a couple of lower conference schools... that already have winning traditions, and then he'll be "Florida worthy"?  Like I said, I hope all AD's are as ignorant towards Edsall as you are.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 10, 2010, 02:52:03 PM

Ok... so then Edsall should go coach a couple of lower conference schools...

You're aware that UConn is in the Big East, right?  You act like that was some powerhouse conference this season.

that already have winning traditions, and then he'll be "Florida worthy"?

Yeah, Bowling Green and Utah are always circled on their opponents schedule.

Like I said, I hope all AD's are as ignorant towards Edsall as you are.

It's pretty clear who the ignorant one is.  I'm not the one who thinks a HC with a 51.7% winning percentage is some gem, Homer-boy.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 10, 2010, 05:02:12 PM

As far as mid-majors go, yeah, Bowling Green and Utah were pretty decent before Meyer got there.  Secondly, the Big East is the best conference in college football... once you eliminate the conferences that pay their players... see USC, Auburn, and alike.  Finally, after UConn beats Oklahoma, you'll see that the Big East is a lot better than you think.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 10, 2010, 05:25:33 PM

Secondly, the Big East is the best conference in college football... once you eliminate the conferences that pay their players... see USC, Auburn, and alike.  Finally, after UConn beats Oklahoma, you'll see that the Big East is a lot better than you think.

If there is some sort of medical treatment for delusion, you should look into it.

If UConn beat Oklahoma, I will give Edsall credit for being the marvelous 74-69 coach that he is.  If he doesn't, I'm sure you'll do the same....

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 10, 2010, 07:25:28 PM

Secondly, the Big East is the best conference in college football...

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 10, 2010, 07:32:32 PM

As far as mid-majors go, yeah, Bowling Green and Utah were pretty decent before Meyer got there.  Secondly, the Big East is the best conference in college football... once you eliminate the conferences that pay their players... see USC, Auburn, and alike.  Finally, after UConn beats Oklahoma, you'll see that the Big East is a lot better than you think.

Just stop already. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#41 : December 11, 2010, 01:09:04 AM

Just stop already.

Ditto.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 11, 2010, 05:31:55 PM

Still surprised Muschamp hasn't been in the mix for some of these openings.  I like his firey personality/watching him actually coach his players.

I'm hearing he's turning into a big-time darkhorse, even though he is the coach-in-waiting for Texas.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 11, 2010, 08:26:04 PM

ESPN is reporting it's Muschamp.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5910011

He's a helluva recruiter.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 11, 2010, 08:26:53 PM

ESPN is reporting BREAKING NEWS:  that Muschamp has been named UF's new HC

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: so urban meyer is stepping down « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools