Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did... did the Redskins get five downs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

FreeWill

Starter

#15 : December 12, 2010, 04:03:20 PM

They didn't have five downs, the first one was a first down.  The TV line was a yard ahead of the field judges marker.

I just re-watched the last drive. The judges marker was wrong. It was first down and 10 from the 12. The field marker was on the 3. The TV line was on the 2. Apparently the refs can't count to 10. The redskins were given 5 downs.

FreeWill

Starter

#16 : December 12, 2010, 04:04:49 PM

MJS is right. Just looked at it again on DVR. The yellow line was on the 2 but the actual first down was on the 3. Refs got in right, Fox got it wrong.

First and 10 from the 12 and the first down is at the 3? Um... no

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 12, 2010, 04:06:45 PM

Referees said the slant went for 10 and a first down.

Translation: "We gave the Redskins 5 downs.  Sorry."

Yup, here's what happened:

1st and 10 from the Tampa 12.  Moss catches a pass for 9 yards.  The Fox first down line on the field is on the 2, but the official marker on the sideline is at the three.  The Redskins got a 9 yard first down because the chains were frigged up on the sideline.  I have no idea how that happens in the NFL, but it did.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 12, 2010, 04:06:52 PM

Miker1010:

You are correct. I went further back to confirm. First down at the 12, the line to gain was marked at the 3 instead of the 2. The officials blew it, the Redskins only had to get 9 yards to get a first down instead of 10.

FreeWill

Starter

#19 : December 12, 2010, 04:08:38 PM

Miker1010:

You are correct. I went further back to confirm. First down at the 12, the line to gain was marked at the 3 instead of the 2. The officials blew it, the Redskins only had to get 9 yards to get a first down instead of 10.

How is it that the refs never face any consequences for **CENSORED** like this?

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 12, 2010, 04:12:00 PM

MJS is right. Just looked at it again on DVR. The yellow line was on the 2 but the actual first down was on the 3. Refs got in right, Fox got it wrong.

This is correct, DVR'd it and got the same conclusion.

FreeWill

Starter

#21 : December 12, 2010, 04:12:56 PM

Dude... it was 1st and 10 from the 12.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 12, 2010, 04:13:06 PM

That is **CENSORED**ing ridiculous for this to happen in an NFL game. Thank god they **CENSORED**ed up the PAT.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 12, 2010, 04:15:41 PM

They didn't have five downs, the first one was a first down.  The TV line was a yard ahead of the field judges marker.

NO, the Redskins did NOT get five downs. The yellow line on TV was incorrectly placed on the previous down -- Anthony Armstrong's catch was about a half yard across the line to gain as marked on the sideline by the official. He got to the two-and-a-half or so, and the line to gain was the three.

Wrong.  The yellow line on the TV was correct.  The Skins should have had to cross the 2 to get a first down, but the official marker on the sideline was on the three.  The Officials screwed up.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 12, 2010, 04:17:00 PM

5 downs..... karma is a beeyatch!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

FreeWill

Starter

#25 : December 12, 2010, 04:17:12 PM

Dude... BuffaloBuc is right and so were the refs.

If I am missing something than I apologize. But if it is 1st and 10 from the 12, don't they have to get to the 2 for a first down?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 12, 2010, 04:17:45 PM

Captain Hindsight:

The refs were WRONG. The Redskins had first and 10 at the 12 (TWELVE) and the refs marked the LINE TO GAIN at the THREE (instead of the TWO). Armstrong's catch at the 2-and-a-half should have made it SECOND down, the refs gave him a FIRST DOWN.

The refs didn't get it wrong on the final four downs, they got it wrong on the PREVIOUS first down.

THIS IS CLEAR on the broadcast -- it is beyond dispute.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 12, 2010, 04:18:32 PM

Dude... BuffaloBuc is right and so were the refs.

If I am missing something than I apologize. But if it is 1st and 10 from the 12, don't they have to get to the 2 for a first down?

I didn't think about the chain gain screwing up, that's my fault, Biggs explained it to where I understand now what everyone is saying. That's my fault, sorry.
Captain Hindsight:

The refs were WRONG. The Redskins had first and 10 at the 12 (TWELVE) and the refs marked the LINE TO GAIN at the THREE (instead of the TWO). Armstrong's catch at the 2-and-a-half should have made it SECOND down, the refs gave him a FIRST DOWN.

The refs didn't get it wrong on the final four downs, they got it wrong on the PREVIOUS first down.

THIS IS CLEAR on the broadcast -- it is beyond dispute.

Yep, that's my fault, I never thought about looking where the LOS was..

Coburn1

Starter

#28 : December 12, 2010, 04:18:43 PM

Well that series of plays started on the 12 both from watching it and reviewing game center. Also the catch was made at the 3, both by watching
the game and looking at game center. So either myself, gamecenter, and the line on tv are all wrong or the refs screwed this one up royally.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 12, 2010, 04:18:50 PM

mike:

You are absolutely correct. The refs gave the Redskin a 9-yard first down instead of a 10-yarder.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did... did the Redskins get five downs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools