Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did... did the Redskins get five downs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

FreeWill

Starter

#30 : December 12, 2010, 04:21:13 PM

Hahaha ok so I am not going crazy :P Do any of you think this will be addressed by the league?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 12, 2010, 04:23:05 PM

Yes, it will. They will send the Bucs a letter saying "Oops, we mis-marked the line to gain. Sorry."

FreeWill

Starter

#32 : December 12, 2010, 04:23:53 PM

Gamecenter just was just altered to hide the mistake.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 12, 2010, 04:24:30 PM

Hahaha ok so I am not going crazy :P Do any of you think this will be addressed by the league?

Did the ref that told Talib that he "played like a **CENSORED**" get disciplined? At least not publicly. Doubt the NFL really gives a hoot about a screwup against the lowly Buccaneers.

Ratty

Practice Squad

#34 : December 12, 2010, 04:25:58 PM

I live in Canada and have crappy TV so I never get to watch the Bucs live so I follow along on NFL.com. They originally had it as 1-10 with a 9 yard gain, incomplete pass, -4 yard run, another incomplete pass, then 1-10 for the Bucs...then suddenly TD Wash!?!?!? I was confused but I figured the stats guys didn't tell me about a flag or maybe a challenge. I didn't know what was going on. Now if you go back they changed the first play to a ten yard gain and first down.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 12, 2010, 04:28:57 PM

Now if you go back they changed the first play to a ten yard gain and first down.

Which is NOT what happened. It was a 9-yard gain and should have been second down.

FreeWill

Starter

#36 : December 12, 2010, 04:30:04 PM

Redskins ended up covering the spread. I would be pissed right now if I had bet on this game.

Coburn1

Starter

#37 : December 12, 2010, 04:38:56 PM

I wish they would just man up rather than waiting until all the way after the game to cover it up. Game center can fall behind at times
but this game they were following play by play. Even after the game a few minutes after it was over they still had 2 4th downs

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 12, 2010, 04:46:44 PM

The NFL is quickly entering MLB and NHL territory. You simply cannot "miscount" yards, especially at that point in the game. Period. That's not a mistake, that's outright bias somewhere and the league should be completely embarrassed by their idiocy.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 12, 2010, 04:48:25 PM

Actually they would be doing the correction based upon the reports from the officials.  Still wrong, but it is not for them to judge.  The nice letter the bucs will receive on Wednesday will explain it to the buccaneers.  Now - if you want to be p.o.ed figure out how DeAngelo stayed in the game after hitting a referees arms....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

FreeWill

Starter

#40 : December 12, 2010, 04:49:13 PM

The NFL is quickly entering MLB and NHL territory. You simply cannot "miscount" yards, especially at that point in the game. Period. That's not a mistake, that's outright bias somewhere and the league should be completely embarrassed by their idiocy.

To be honest with you, I think the NFL is above and beyond the MLB or NHL. It is an absolute joke.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 12, 2010, 04:55:05 PM

To be honest with you, I think the NFL is above and beyond the MLB or NHL. It is an absolute joke.

Oops, I meant to say NBA instead of NHL. I had NHL on the brain because I was thinking about how pathetic it is that it's now the best officiated league of the 4 major sports because even there there's so much inconsistency.

The NFL is quickly getting really bad, but they'll have to work very hard to reach MLB or NBA like levels. Remember, there were strong indications that Selig was going to call Game 5 of the World Series due to weather if Upton hadn't tied it by essentially stealing bases in a swamp. That's mind blowing. And the NBA has a former referee revealing that they did indeed outright cheat.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 12, 2010, 04:57:49 PM

I was wondering about Hall not being tossed out of the game too.   He clearly knew he was physically pushing a ref and not some player.   You have to think that if someone like Geno Hayes or Blount had done that they would be tossed and fined later in the week.   Hall played lights out though no doubt about it.  He shut down the guys he covered.

FreeWill

Starter

#43 : December 12, 2010, 04:59:07 PM

Oops, I meant to say NBA instead of NHL. I had NHL on the brain because I was thinking about how pathetic it is that it's now the best officiated league of the 4 major sports because even there there's so much inconsistency.

The NFL is quickly getting really bad, but they'll have to work very hard to reach MLB or NBA like levels. Remember, there were strong indications that Selig was going to call Game 5 of the World Series due to weather if Upton hadn't tied it by essentially stealing bases in a swamp. That's mind blowing. And the NBA has a former referee revealing that they did indeed outright cheat.

Yes, the NBA is the worst you are right about that. The problem with the NBA is that there is no consistency AT ALL. The NFL is consistent... consistent in making horrendous calls EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

Tom Voodoo

Rookie

#44 : December 12, 2010, 05:43:46 PM

The Bucs front office will get a call admitting the mistake and then be told not to discuss it publicly, just like what happened earlier this year with I can't remember who. 

DISCLAIMER:  I am in no way related to the former poster Java, I carried this name over from the TBBB and don\\\'t want to change it as I use it in almost every online setting.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did... did the Redskins get five downs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools