Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
: December 12, 2010, 04:17:50 PM

Jeez he was running away with OROY of the year, now its just like...damn

I hope he fixes his drops. They are getting very Clayton-esque.

Had like 2 drops today? Has to be leading the league now.

Lucky win, just finally glad we got a little luck our way.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 12, 2010, 04:19:05 PM

Seems like anytime contact is made with him he will not catch it. Thats his biggest issue and pretty much his only issue. But he definitly needs to focus more.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 12, 2010, 04:19:23 PM

Dude......one of those "drops" was 2 feet over his head on the backline.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 12, 2010, 04:19:52 PM

sometimes he also seems to be thinking about his run before he secures the catch

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 12, 2010, 04:19:59 PM

Our other receivers have really been stepping up, which leads me to believe that Mike's declining production is a result of his being double-covered.  He was in tight coverage on both of his drops today.  Really, he was blanketed on all his targets.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 12, 2010, 04:21:26 PM

I dont like deangelo hall but he did a nice job on Mike today.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 12, 2010, 04:22:08 PM

I want to give BIG props to Arrelious Benn today too. I was against him when he was drafted and I was for sure he would not be as good as Mike Williams. Mike is cooling off and Benn is getting red hot. Big props to Benn because his game today > better then any game yardage wise by Mike Williams. He shoulda had a touchdown. I didnt want to think moving up in the draft for a project Wr like him was smart with the production of Tate. Glad I was wrong.

Also I am glad we have Freeman. Said some stuff when I have such an utter hatred for the Redskins. Truly hate Redskins more then any team in professional sports. Just glad we got the win.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 12, 2010, 04:23:49 PM

I noticed something about him last week and this week.   When he's shut down early he gets frustrated and loses focus.   Almost like the act he puts on to draw a flag is taking away his focus and he's just not going out there and catching the passes he needs to.   Now if he starts off hot that confidence just gives him that much more focus and he has a great game.   We need our new receiving coach to teach him to get off that emotional rollercoaster and just ball no matter how slow of a start you get.    Benn stepped up big though....love his sure hands and the yac.  If we put Benn's run abilities and ball carrying skills with Williams leaping ability and quickness you'd have.......well you'd have Calvin Johnson and that would be awesome.   

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 12, 2010, 04:28:23 PM

He has had several drop issues as of late, but honestly that one in the back of the end zone is a catch that maybe 2 or 3 WRs in the NFL make. I'm not going to fault him for that one.

It was really his first bad game as a pro. Pretty impressive that it took him this long, imo. Let's not get reactionary. Williams is still the best WR as of now and still a strong RotY candidate(though it's almost guaranteed to go to Bradford) and Benn still has a lot to learn. Washington's secondary is weak to the deep ball and it's something I wish we would have taken advantage of much earlier.

Still, Benn is definitely getting much better and today may have been a sneak peek of what's to come. I'm excited.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 12, 2010, 04:30:55 PM

I noticed something about him last week and this week.   When he's shut down early he gets frustrated and loses focus.   Almost like the act he puts on to draw a flag is taking away his focus and he's just not going out there and catching the passes he needs to.   Now if he starts off hot that confidence just gives him that much more focus and he has a great game.   We need our new receiving coach to teach him to get off that emotional rollercoaster and just ball no matter how slow of a start you get.    Benn stepped up big though....love his sure hands and the yac.  If we put Benn's run abilities and ball carrying skills with Williams leaping ability and quickness you'd have.......well you'd have Calvin Johnson and that would be awesome.

Agree that Mike has stop looking for the PI calls.   Your a rook, give it time.

DA_OAKS

Starter

#10 : December 12, 2010, 04:36:03 PM

man when benn ran pass hall like he was standing still was really impressive... wasnt he regarded as the fastest man in the nfl when we was with atlanta. It was a tough game for any wideout.. IT RAINED THE WHOLE GAME..

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#11 : December 12, 2010, 04:36:36 PM

Compare the amount of times the ball is thrown to Williams and how many times he catches it....I hope he gets better; he's a big play waiting to happen, but he drops wayyy to many balls, and many touch off his gloves.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 12, 2010, 04:36:57 PM

We just have to great recievers period.. One plays one way the other gives us another dimension..  Again we have never had this much talent at WR and I've followed this team since they started..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 12, 2010, 04:39:38 PM

Benn had a great day for a receiver.  Williams had a solid day for a rookie.  Both are looking pretty damned good to me.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 12, 2010, 04:53:04 PM

Benn had a great day for a receiver.  Williams had a solid day for a rookie.  Both are looking pretty damned good to me.

Well said and I agree.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools