Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Al Golden to Miami? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #15 : December 13, 2010, 07:05:05 PM »

Holgorsen would be a great pick-up for WVU.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

« #16 : December 13, 2010, 10:50:54 PM »

So let me get this straight, a WEST VIRGINIA fan is claiming to think Al Golden is a good choice??  OK, maybe because your sorry team is also OK with being average at best but c'mon, I am not a Miami fan and I think this is the biggest joke.  Al Golden??  Wow, Temple beat UCONN, WOW!!!  Yeah, sign me up for Al Golden!!!

So let me get this straight, a ....... wait, what team are you a fan of this week?

Samari28

Hall of Famer
« #17 : December 14, 2010, 12:47:54 AM »

LSU last week,this week, next week, last month, last year, last decade, next year, next decade.  I will say it one last time I am and always have been a LSU fan but YES I do root for FSU also.  Now with that being said if LSU and FSU played its all LSU!!

AnnabelleR

Practice Squad

« #18 : December 14, 2010, 06:50:18 AM »

Hello,
I was trying to open the link but it was not working.Can you repost the link please???

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #19 : December 14, 2010, 08:49:56 AM »

Not sure which one you're referring to so here's the text:

Pitt and West Virginia fighting over coach?
December, 13, 2010

By Brian Bennett
Backyard Brawl rivals may soon have a new point of contention: Oklahoma State offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen.

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Holgorsen -- thought to be the leading candidate to replace Dave Wannstedt at Pitt -- won't be coaching the Panthers. But he might end up in Morgantown.

Colin Dunlap reports that West Virginia has reached out to Holgorsen. Wait, you might say, the Mountaineers already have a head coach. Dunlap drops the bombshell that Bill Stewart could be fired if he loses the Champs Sports Bowl -- or even if he wins it to clinch a 10-win season. Or perhaps Holgorsen could come on board as the offensive coordinator/head coach in waiting for a year, then take over in 2012. Holgorsen has ties to West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck, as both lived in Houston at the same time.

Current West Virginia coach Jeff Mullen has reportedly interviewed for the head coaching job at Kent State, and his job status for next season is uncertain.

How serious Pitt was about hiring Holgorsen in the first place is unclear. The Panthers were also believed to be interested in former Temple coach Al Golden, who was hired by Miami.

There's quite a bit of speculation involved here, as there often is in the coaching carousel world. But if Holgorsen were to end up on the West Virginia sidelines in some capacity, that could add some more **CENSORED**e to an already salty rivalry.

and

Miami Hurricanes name Al Golden coach

By Bruce Feldman
ESPN The Magazine
Archive

The University of Miami hired Al Golden to be its next football coach Sunday evening.

The school will introduce Golden in a news conference Monday.

The 41-year-old Golden spent five seasons at Temple, transforming the Owls from a program that was 1-11 in his first season to winning 17 games in his past two seasons at the Philadelphia school.

Can Al Golden win at Miami?

The name might be a surprise, but if Al Golden can manage to win at Temple, he can probably win elsewhere. Blog

"From the beginning of this process, one candidate stood above the rest as the right fit for the University of Miami," AD Kirby Hocutt said in a statement. "We are proud to welcome Al Golden to The U. His desire, leadership, communications skills and preparedness stood above the rest and he is the right man to meet the championship expectations of this program."

A source told The Associated Press that the deal is believed to be worth up to $2 million annually.

Golden succeeds Randy Shannon, who was fired after the Hurricanes (7-5) finished with a loss to South Florida.

The Owls went 8-4 this season, beating a Connecticut team that is headed for a BCS bowl by two touchdowns. They were not invited to a bowl game.

Temple was 0-11 the year before Golden arrived. In 2009 he led the Owls to their first bowl game in 30 years. He also presided over a dramatic improvement in the program's Academic Progress Rating -- one Golden and the school have previously called the greatest turnaround in the NCAA's APR era.

"Al Golden did not just win games at Temple University, but he built a football program, and he did it the right way," Temple athletic director Bill Bradshaw told The Associated Press. "He engineered one of the most remarkable turnarounds in Division I history, and ... the turnaround was not only seen on the gridiron, but also in the classroom, with unprecedented academic success."

Golden, a New Jersey native and former Penn State tight end, has earned a reputation as a dogged recruiter and strong motivator in addition to being a disciplinarian.

Rob Christy/US PresswireAl Golden turned around Temple's program, and Miami's hoping he can do the same with the Hurricanes.

Golden met twice in person with Miami AD Hocutt, once in New York and then in Philadelphia, during the interview process. Former Miami assistant coach Marc Trestman, the coach of the two-time defending CFL Grey Cup champion Montreal Alouettes, also received strong consideration for the job, as did UConn coach Randy Edsall and Houston coach Kevin Sumlin.

"I'll tell you, I couldn't be more excited to have him come and lead this proud football program," Hocutt said at Miami's football banquet Sunday night. "There's nobody with more energy, excitement, enthusiasm in this country than Coach Golden. What he's done at Temple University is short of miraculous. He's taken a football program that was at the bottom point of the college football world, has built them to a respectable program, and is going to do great things here at the University of Miami."

Golden will meet his new team for the first time Monday afternoon.

"There's no doubt in my mind that he'll be the head coach at the University of Miami long-term," Hocutt said. "Ask him the question tomorrow and hear his response, but Al Golden is very loyal and he wants to be at the University of Miami. He wants to build this program back to the pinnacle of college football."

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #20 : December 14, 2010, 08:52:25 AM »

^^ it censored the word S.pice above because it starts with  "s-p-i-c"
ahaaah

www.Atlbucs.com

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #21 : December 14, 2010, 12:30:39 PM »

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/14/report-holgorsen-to-wvu-as-oc-will-take-over-for-stewart-in-12/
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

www.Atlbucs.com

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #22 : December 14, 2010, 04:06:45 PM »

So let me get this straight, a WEST VIRGINIA fan is claiming to think Al Golden is a good choice??  OK, maybe because your sorry team is also OK with being average at best but c'mon, I am not a Miami fan and I think this is the biggest joke.  Al Golden??  Wow, Temple beat UCONN, WOW!!!  Yeah, sign me up for Al Golden!!!

So let me get this straight, a ....... wait, what team are you a fan of this week?

btw Sam, your timing couldn't have been worse. 

Our sorry team is OK being average?  We just canned our coach who has gone 9-4, 9-4, and 9-3 (this year before bowl) and had three consecutive Top 25 finishes.  Far from average, but I guess our expectations are a little higher than you'd thought. haha high five.

www.Atlbucs.com

Samari28

Hall of Famer
« #23 : December 14, 2010, 10:51:23 PM »

Get back to me when your sorry team wins a NCAA Championship, guess I will be waiting for a while and sorry but Holgorsen?  Yeah he was good at Oklahoma State but look at the players GUNDY got there.  Some people can be the man behind the man and some can be the man, we will find out - good thing you guys play in a joke of a conference - the worst BCS conference in football.  Yeah you guys are awesome!!

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #24 : December 15, 2010, 09:09:14 AM »

Get back to me when your sorry team wins a NCAA Championship, guess I will be waiting for a while and sorry but Holgorsen?  Yeah he was good at Oklahoma State but look at the players GUNDY got there.  Some people can be the man behind the man and some can be the man, we will find out - good thing you guys play in a joke of a conference - the worst BCS conference in football.  Yeah you guys are awesome!!

Please, keep up the moronic behavior.  There seems to be a correlation between that and my team making good moves.

www.Atlbucs.com

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 15, 2010, 11:17:33 AM »

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/15/jj-tuna-gave-thumbs-up-to-miami-on-golden/

" Former Miami head coaching great Jimmy Johnson told the Miami Herald that he spoke to athletic director Kirby Hocutt and gave him Golden’s name.  Additionally, Johnson said that NFL coaching legend Bill Parcells recommended him as well."

But what do they know about coaching?

www.Atlbucs.com

AnnabelleR

Practice Squad

« #26 : December 18, 2010, 06:40:27 AM »

Hello,
I was trying to open the link but it was not working.Can you repost the link please???

You didn't post any goodyear service center coupons links yet???
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Al Golden to Miami? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools