Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: you wouldn't know « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 13, 2010, 09:53:32 AM

PR has a whole has gone down hill.. Charlie writes about the same stuff.. Scott RARELY posts and Wolf well who knows what he does..

Not renewing next season.. I'd rather be a FAN and watch the games and be able to enjoy them.

Love Charlie's work and SR's "Fab Five" and "What We Learned" are worth the $10 subscription alone.

I won't comment on WH.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#16 : December 13, 2010, 09:54:06 AM

Bucs are proving the supposed experts wrong, that's why they get no love. Experts want to justify their low expectations by giving excuses that the other team lost instead of the Bucs winning the games. Youngest team in the NFL finished strong in 2009, and continue improving in 2010, the future is very bright for the Bucs, just deal with it haters.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#17 : December 13, 2010, 11:23:22 AM

Put those eyeballs back in their sockets, Shanny.

IMO, if my kicker has missed 2 short kicks already and it's raining, I'm going for 2 to win the game. You suck, Shanahan!

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 13, 2010, 11:26:00 AM

How about that game for the Punter, Malone?!  Kid had some bombs yesterday.   Where is DiSalvo to claim he's the worst punter who's ever suited up again?   That dude should be ashamed to even post here anymore.   

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#19 : December 13, 2010, 11:31:10 AM

Shannahan showing the ref the pictures was absolutely hilarious. I guess that's where all of Snyder's millions are going, Refs missed alot of calls but it all evened out in the end. Did Penn get away with a holding, yes, did the Skins get away with holding, illegal contact on Winslow and other WR's all day long? YES.

So quit your whinning and learn to execute on special teams.

Formerly known as T

truckerbuc

Rookie

#20 : December 13, 2010, 12:40:26 PM

The Bucs should not have won that game.  The Redskins ran the ball down their throat, but missed two field goals, botched and extra point and bungled a first and goal before halftime.  If the Bucs end up making the playoffs prepare to be laughed at by the opposition.   

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#21 : December 13, 2010, 12:58:20 PM

The Bucs should not have won that game.  The Redskins ran the ball down their throat, but missed two field goals, botched and extra point and bungled a first and goal before halftime.  If the Bucs end up making the playoffs prepare to be laughed at by the opposition.

All of our opponents have begun the game laughing at us, but 8 out of 13 games the Bucs have had the last laugh.

Formerly known as T

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 13, 2010, 01:48:32 PM

It was definitely a win - but Washington's schizophrenic play nearly allowed us to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

While Raheem deserves an enormous amount of credit this season for coaching the youngest team in the NFL into playoff contention - we still are only beating teams we are expected to beat - and yesterday we barely did that (and only thanks to an errant extra-point snap).

I am fully aware of the fact that we have lost an inrdinate number of starters to injury - but a discussion regarding the playoffs should never be about getting there - it should be about legitimate opportunities once you're there.

This team seems to be close, and has gotten better faster than anticipated - but I don't think a lot of folks believe these Buccaneers are a playoff caliber team, yet.

I don't know why - but because so many are pushing how good this team is..makes me want to deflate unrealistic expectations.

Definitely NOT a hater - just not a true believer that we're winners yet.

Love the team doing better than anticipated - I'm one that predicted between 7 and 9 victories this year - but I'm also one that believes we needed some more talent.

McCoy's loss is big, now we're back down to last season's starting defensive line. Huge holes on offensive line certainly beginning to be exposed.

Schedule is favorable - but by no means is it a "gimme" (ask Aaron Rogers about Detroit's defense)...offensive weapons are improving at the right time - except offensive line is battered - defense is the weakest it's been since last season.

Can we win 2 more? Looks like it's doable - but it will take outscoring the other side - as we won't be able to stop many teams.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 13, 2010, 02:31:14 PM

I could give a damn what you think. Just because you win games don't make you EXEMPT from criticism, period. I don't care about youth and injuries, at this point that crap is all around the league.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 13, 2010, 07:45:43 PM

we still are only beating teams we are expected to beat -

Didn't realize we were expected to beat eight teams with three games left.

Were we expect to stay close with Atlanta, the best team in the NFC, in both games?

We are overachieving and the playoffs, win or lose, would be a treat for the fans and a good experience for the fans.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#25 : December 13, 2010, 08:17:14 PM

we still are only beating teams we are expected to beat -

Didn't realize we were expected to beat eight teams with three games left.

Were we expect to stay close with Atlanta, the best team in the NFC, in both games?

We are overachieving and the playoffs, win or lose, would be a treat for the fans and a good experience for the fans.
and a devastating blow to the Morris and Bucs Haters.  :P

sg1977nc

Starter
#26 : December 13, 2010, 08:28:55 PM

Can we win 2 more? Looks like it's doable - but it will take outscoring the other side - as we won't be able to stop many teams.

Seattle is rediculously aweful on offense (26th in the league while playing like 5 games in the NFC West so far), Detroit sucks at running the ball and our pass D is pretty good.  So our D is gonna be OK.  Our Dline is still better than last year, Miller has been looking much better in recent weeks, Al Woods > Ryan Sims, Bennett is playing ok, and White is the same.  Biggers is a legit starting caliber CB, Lewis is ok, Barber is playing well, Jones has stepped up, and Lynch is doing ok.  The linebackers...meh..at least we get to see what Watson / Hayward have.   

Now that I think about....we have some really good depth on D....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 13, 2010, 10:04:55 PM

and Freeman fumbled the ball into the EZ. Did you conveniently forget that?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 13, 2010, 10:11:18 PM

Interesting stats:

By improving to 5-2 on the road, the Bucs are assured of their first winning road slate since capturing the NFC South in 2005. They can tie the franchise road mark of 6-2 set by the 2002 championship club if the Bucs win at New Orleans on Jan. 2. RG Derek Hardman made his first NFL start, becoming the 40th Bucs player to open a game this season. Shanahan can't believe LT Donald Penn wasn't penalized for grabbing LB Brian Orakpo on Josh Freeman's game-winning TD pass to Kellen Winslow. "He (Orakpo) wasn't held he was mugged,'' Shanahan said. Tampa Bay boasts an 85-49 scoring advantage in the fourth quarter. The Bucs have limited four of their past five opponents to 17 points or less. With his three field goals Sunday, Connor Barth has converted 17 of 21 kicks this season. Freeman has been intercepted only three times in his past nine games.

source:  http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/dec/12/122123/bucs-notebook-late-confusion-on-down-and-distance/sports-bucs/

40 different starters this season?....unfreakinbelievable.

Freakin Shanny........Myron got held so bad on one play his shirt came off the shoulder pads.  No call.    I am a believer in the calls even out in the end.
Don't forget Barber in the 1st half was almost tackled when he blitzed and still got to McNabb.
I was hollering when that happened because it was so obvious, there was no doubt it was a blatant maul.  Same with Myron.

The BUcs have had so many no-calls against them this year, with visual evidence, with significant impact on the outcome, that I cannot stand it.

At least Penn released and made an attempt to get away with it, which he did.  Thank goodness.

Good win for the Bucs, because ANY win is a good win, IMO.  And all these injuries are ridiculous, and yet the truck keeps on rollin'.

I REALLY admire that.  This young team is hungry, hungrier than the teams they are playing, IMO.

With a few tweaks here and there next year, even with a tougher schedule, they might be contenders for regular trips into the playoffs.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 13, 2010, 10:13:02 PM

and Freeman fumbled the ball into the EZ. Did you conveniently forget that?
He did forget that.  Because it was "that" forgettable. ::)

And that play was so odd looking, and there wasn't a replay, if I recall correctly (must have been in the bathroom if it happened).  wasn't Larsen the guy who caused the fumble?

Goofy play, really bad outcome.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: you wouldn't know « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools