Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here's some info for all of you trying to squash the 5th down... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Snook

Hall of Famer
: December 13, 2010, 10:05:08 AM

http://nflspinzone.com/2010/12/13/clear-evidence-washington-redskins-were-given-5-downs/

How did the chains measure out to only 9 yards on 1st down from the 12?

I'd love some answers on this from the NFL.  But we'll never get it. 

Missing that extra point was karma... for whoever was trying to cheat us.
: December 13, 2010, 10:06:40 AM SnookAU

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 13, 2010, 10:11:38 AM

Agreed.

Rewatched it multiple times, and I agree.

Reftards are out in full force during Buc games.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 13, 2010, 10:14:45 AM

Its no coincidence that a chain would kink up to an even one yard... especially when no one on the sidelines is anywhere near it. 

Something is not right here. 

I wish the Bucs had the balls to demand some answers. 

I'd also love an answer on why no horse collar was called against Washington earlier in the game on Sunday.  They sure had no problem calling that against us last Sunday. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 13, 2010, 10:17:45 AM

I thought it was a clear horse collar.

FlyingScorpion

Starter
#4 : December 13, 2010, 10:56:44 AM

I was thinking the same thing. "Our guy got charged for that last week"

Freeman\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love winning a lot more than Im scared of losing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Snook

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 13, 2010, 10:57:20 AM

CLEARLY a horse collar.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/09000d5d81cd8610/WR-Benn-17-yd-run

Even Gene Deckerhoff agrees.

This could've resulted in a serious injury for Benn.

I doubt a fine will be assessed like Quincy Black got for last week's horse collar.

I'm really starting to think the refs are working against us.

MagicMike

Starter
#6 : December 13, 2010, 10:59:47 AM

A mistake made by an official in Washington??? Who'da thunk it?

Snook

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 13, 2010, 11:06:31 AM

Two CLEAR pictures showing that its 1st and 10 from the 12 yard line.  But the marker is at the 3 yard line instead of the 2. 

9 yard catch on 1st down is marked at the 2 and half yard line.  Its actually closer to the 3 yard line if you look at the marker instead of the blue line. 

So the NFL can say all they want that it wasn't a fifth down.  But according to ACTUAL down and distances... 10 yards to make a 1st down... McNabb's TD pass was on FIFTH DOWN!!!!

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 13, 2010, 11:13:56 AM

Problem with all your expert analysis snooki is that you're still looking at the UNOFFICIAL down markers.  They are unofficial because they put the ra-tards on that side of the field and sometimes they don't mark it properly....it was however marked and measured properly from the near sideline officially and both Raheem and the NFL say just a mistake that people are blowing out of proportion and are flat out wrong about.    You can watch that replay a million times from a million angles but you won't find one that shows the near side markers which are official.  Until then can everyone please just let it go and enjoy the win?   Seriously what the hell is wrong with Bucs fans these days.   First you complain about no wins then when they come it's not good enough you have to win in fashion and make a conspiracy out of a mistake.   Bottom line is the Bucs didn't play good enough to make that drive meaningless but they did play good enough to let the Skins piss it away.  I'll take it.  Wish the rest of you would too.

How many times must you hear that they screwed up on the spot on that far side and the line markers on fox were off because of it?   NFL network has beaten the story and explanation to death.....even they are moving on this morning.   
: December 13, 2010, 11:16:11 AM BuccinTex

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 13, 2010, 11:14:17 AM

Based on the number of Whistles the Referees Swallowed yesterday, I would suggest that NONE of them try to slip a "silent fart" by anyone today!

Snook

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 13, 2010, 11:15:04 AM

All I want is an explanation as to why the marker is EXACTLY NINE yards and not TEN. 

I'm with you, chaz.  The refs are biased against us.  But I won't say for sure it cost us those losses.  But that KR last week sure did have some no-calls in it.

Most of all, the Bucs defense DESERVED to have another 2nd half shut out yesterday. 

Coburn1

Starter

#11 : December 13, 2010, 11:15:58 AM

Its no coincidence that a chain would kink up to an even one yard... especially when no one on the sidelines is anywhere near it. 

Something is not right here. 

I wish the Bucs had the balls to demand some answers. 

I'd also love an answer on why no horse collar was called against Washington earlier in the game on Sunday.  They sure had no problem calling that against us last Sunday.

The funny thing is the NFL 'fixed' gamecenter to reflect the BS they're telling us.

1-10-TB 12 (:49) (Shotgun) 5-D.McNabb pass short right to 13-A.Armstrong to TB 2 for 10 yards (41-C.Lynch).

Timeout #2 by WAS at 00:32.
1-2-TB 2 (:32) 5-D.McNabb pass incomplete short right to 87-R.Williams.

2-2-TB 2 (:28) 46-R.Torain right end ran ob at TB 6 for -4 yards (96-T.Crowder).

3-6-TB 6 (:18) 5-D.McNabb pass incomplete short middle to 86-F.Davis.

4-6-TB 6 (:13) 5-D.McNabb pass short middle to 89-S.Moss for 6 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

WATCH HIGHLIGHT
4-G.Gano extra point is Aborted, Center-57-N.Sundberg, Holder-17-H.Smith.

Seriously? They're trying to tell us he actually made it to the 2 yard line? They can try to convince us they actually started on the 13 even though I don't buy that based on the evidence, but to try to actually sell that he made it to the 2? I don't think anybody is buying that. Even the most naive person has to admit what we are being told just doesn't add up and it only gets worse the more angles and even NFLs own sources tell us.

PS: anyone find it funny how the terminology says extra point aborted? it's like.. hmm nah think I"ll bail and back out of doing this field goal.. we don't really need it. abort abort!

Snook

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 13, 2010, 11:16:44 AM

Problem with all your expert analysis snooki is that you're still looking at the UNOFFICIAL down markers.  They are unofficial because they put the ra-tards on that side of the field and sometimes they don't mark it properly....it was however marked and measured properly from the near sideline officially and both Raheem and the NFL say just a mistake that people are blowing out of proportion and are flat out wrong about.    You can watch that replay a million times from a million angles but you won't find one that shows the near side markers which are official.  Until then can everyone please just let it go and enjoy the win?   Seriously what the hell is wrong with Bucs fans these days.   First you complain about no wins then when they come it's not good enough you have to win in fashion and make a conspiracy out of a mistake.   Bottom line is the Bucs didn't play good enough to make that drive meaningless but they did play good enough to let the Skins piss it away.  I'll take it.  Wish the rest of you would too.

What are you talking about?

Open your eyes.  1st down is at the TWELVE yard line. 

McNabb's pass on 1st down is LESS THAN TEN YARDS.

I don't need to see "official" markers to know that a play isn't even close to ten yards. 

BuccaNova

Starter
#13 : December 13, 2010, 11:16:57 AM

Funny, here in DC the beef is that the refs are biased against the redskins. Maybe they just don't like the players, period.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#14 : December 13, 2010, 11:18:04 AM

I agree. We've been screwed enough over the years (SEE BURT EMMANUEL, 1999 NFC CHAMPINSHIP GAME), and I've been pissed enough after those losses to be upset after a WIN!!! I'm just glad we won. Period. End of Story.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here's some info for all of you trying to squash the 5th down... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools