Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why people are making 5th down a big deal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
: December 13, 2010, 08:41:28 PM

Some people don't seem to understand why its a big deal well ill explain it then.

It's a big deal because it could of lost us the game. Yeah I know it didn't lose us the game but the point is it very well could have cost us a possible playoff spot and that is why it's a big deal.

We just want the NFL to take notice of this mistake so it hopefully won't happen again and maybe they will do something about officials (wishful thinking).

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 13, 2010, 08:57:35 PM

I'd like to see them own up to it.

-------------------------------------------------------

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 13, 2010, 09:01:00 PM

I'd like to see them own up to it.

Me too but of course they won't

jeanclaud

Starter

#3 : December 13, 2010, 09:04:20 PM

PR covered this several times already. There was no 5th down. At worst the officials are guilty of not reviewing a close spot inside 2 minutes.

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 13, 2010, 09:10:23 PM

PR covered this several times already. There was no 5th down. At worst the officials are guilty of not reviewing a close spot inside 2 minutes.

*sigh* Get your facts straight because PR doesn't have their facts straight

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 13, 2010, 09:14:00 PM

Just be glad that the NFL didn't review Penn's big paws all over Orakpo which, really, was afar more egregious whiff by the refs than a spotting error.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 13, 2010, 09:16:03 PM

I love PR but they do not know all.

Dal, i'm sure if we go back and review the game, we can find a hold on damn near every play.
: December 13, 2010, 09:18:48 PM Hate

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 13, 2010, 09:18:36 PM

I love PR but they do not know all

Yeah and it's insulting they just shake it off and basically say the refs were right and probably didn't look into it like us and that's one reason why i don't pay for these people

jeanclaud

Starter

#8 : December 13, 2010, 09:30:51 PM

Yeah and it's insulting they just shake it off and basically say the refs were right and probably didn't look into it like us and that's one reason why i don't pay for these people

My bad BuddyHobbs321813, in the future I will bow to your expertise instead of these PR amateurs... Please post an updated thread after you have "looked into it" and cleared the ruling with the NFL head office. TIA

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 13, 2010, 09:43:53 PM

My bad BuddyHobbs321813, in the future I will bow to your expertise instead of these PR amateurs... Please post an updated thread after you have "looked into it" and cleared the ruling with the NFL head office. TIA

Watch the replay for yourself and you will see for yourself that you and PR are in fact very wrong

Hate

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 13, 2010, 09:52:54 PM

Watch the replay for yourself

Its really that simple.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 13, 2010, 10:53:39 PM

One thing is for sure I bet the side judges check the chains a lot closer from now on and the placement of that red plastic marker thing. Don't think any kinks will be unnoticed. Ten yards probably will mean ten yards from now on. Hopefully.

jeanclaud

Starter

#12 : December 14, 2010, 03:15:48 PM

Its really that simple.

I took your advice and did rewatch it. With Moss being down at the 12, Armstrong's "first down" catch appears to be short by a half yard. If that had been called correctly, the following sequence of plays would have resulted in there being a 5th down play to Moss. This is of course what I meant by the officials not challenging a close spot inside 2 minutes.

On the other hand, both sidelines were informed that the Armstrong catch was a first down. This is why Morris didn't seem overly concerned by the "5th down" but also you can argue that it changed Shanahan's playcall. If you can get first and goal at the 2 yd line by rushing for 12 inches, you're gonna run instead of call a fade to Roydell Williams (a wtf play call if you ask me).

I do agree that the refs were negligent again, in a way that seriously screwed us, again. However, we did win and it's not like the ref head office will issue an apology. Just gotta move on

Chaos

Starter
#13 : December 14, 2010, 05:58:15 PM

Its really that simple.

On the other hand, both sidelines were informed that the Armstrong catch was a first down.

If that is correct then Raheem did a poor job of coaching....

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 14, 2010, 07:42:32 PM

Some people don't seem to understand why its a big deal well ill explain it then.

It's a big deal because it could of lost us the game. Yeah I know it didn't lose us the game but the point is it very well could have cost us a possible playoff spot and that is why it's a big deal.

We just want the NFL to take notice of this mistake so it hopefully won't happen again and maybe they will do something about officials (wishful thinking).

Ok, let's try this one more time for all the crybaby conspiracy theorists out there. Let's say that the pass on 1st down at the 12 only went 9 yards and the refs did NOT give them a 1st down and the bonus yard. So now it would be 2nd down and 1 at the 3. They in essence would have had 3 plays to move it 1 yard and 4 more plays to punch it in from the 2 rather than as it played out. Would you have rather they had 7 more plays than 4? Think about it.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why people are making 5th down a big deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools