Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Holgorsen to WVU « previous next »
Page: 1

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

: December 14, 2010, 12:40:20 PM

http://wvgazette.com/latest/201012140659

Looks official now....I'll get off the Miami page with this talk

Sad for Stewart, but with the talent we had the past few years theres no excuse for not winning the lowly BE outright. 

Love the move.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 14, 2010, 01:38:16 PM

WVU and Big East football should be back very soon.  Holgs at WVU, Strong at Louisville, Holtz at USF, and Edsall at UCONN should make for some good competition in the next few years.  Maybe even Schiano gets his boys going again.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 14, 2010, 02:15:13 PM

I couldn't be happier with the move - especially since we're keeping our defensive coaches, who've done an amazing job.  All we needed was more points and I think that's about to happen.

www.Atlbucs.com

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 15, 2010, 09:13:04 AM

why did holgorson choose OC at wv over HC at pitt?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 15, 2010, 10:50:59 AM

why did holgorson choose OC at wv over HC at pitt?

Longer contract - 1 year OC and 5 years HC. 

And he knows what everybody else knows.  Pitt sucks.

www.Atlbucs.com

A2Buc

Practice Squad
#5 : December 16, 2010, 07:10:55 AM

I couldn't be happier with the move - especially since we're keeping our defensive coaches, who've done an amazing job.  All we needed was more points and I think that's about to happen.

Do you think Casteel is 100% committed to staying on staff? He was passed up for the head job first in 2008 when Rich came here to Ann Arbor and now it's happened again. His goal is to become a head coach somewhere, and if he could rebuild the Michigan defense, he would become a high-profile name. If/When Dave Brandon decides to retain Rich, I strongly believe an effort will be made to bring Casteel to Ann Arbor.

Also, any chance Holgorson is the head coach next season?

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 16, 2010, 07:48:34 AM

Do you think Casteel is 100% committed to staying on staff? He was passed up for the head job first in 2008 when Rich came here to Ann Arbor and now it's happened again. His goal is to become a head coach somewhere, and if he could rebuild the Michigan defense, he would become a high-profile name. If/When Dave Brandon decides to retain Rich, I strongly believe an effort will be made to bring Casteel to Ann Arbor.

Also, any chance Holgorson is the head coach next season?

He will be the HC after next season
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5923481

As far as Casteel goes, I'm not sure.  I think it revolves around what it always revolves around - $.  Now that we have a coach who's getting paid more, we'll have less to go around to the asst. coaches, so who knows.  There are rumors that D-Rod and Casteel talk all the time.

www.Atlbucs.com

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 16, 2010, 07:40:35 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5927121

While I agree with every word, I don't like the way Luck went with announcing it to the entire world. 

www.Atlbucs.com

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 31, 2010, 07:23:45 PM

Pitts HC just arrested.  hahahha Good hire!!

www.Atlbucs.com
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Holgorsen to WVU « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools