Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinkas on Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Snook

Hall of Famer

: December 16, 2010, 11:03:45 AM

Great article considering the author...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/16489/josh-freeman-taking-hold-of-buccaneers

GameManager

Starter

#1 : December 16, 2010, 03:41:50 PM

That's right Josh! You tell it like it is! Coach Rah shouldn't have to babysit grown men.

The Tampa Tri-force!!!!!!!!

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 16, 2010, 04:13:54 PM

It's still early, but Freeman might end up being one of the best Buccaneer draft picks of all time. Up there with the likes of Sapp, Brooks, Lynch and Barber. There was a lot of heat that came along with that choice and he's proving everyone wrong all the time.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#3 : December 17, 2010, 12:03:23 AM

It's still early, but Freeman might end up being one of the best Buccaneer draft picks of all time. Up there with the likes of Sapp, Brooks, Lynch and Barber. There was a lot of heat that came along with that choice and he's proving everyone wrong all the time.

Agreed

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 17, 2010, 01:49:41 AM

All these guys...Stroud, Yastinkas...they hated on the BUcs...

Eff them. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 17, 2010, 07:13:07 AM

All these guys...Stroud, Yastinkas...they hated on the BUcs...

Eff them.
Agree with that - add in the dolts at the buccs "flagship" radio station and get back to me about the communities support of the franchise.  Note also, the Tribune is or was a "pewter partner" - backstabbing witches

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

DiSalvo

Starter

#6 : December 17, 2010, 08:11:16 AM

Let's see what Biggs thinks of Freeman....

This part?

Cutler carried his teams, performed near-flawlessly, and played the toughest defenses in the nation. Freeman was asked to do a lot for K-State, but he still left a lot to be desired. Thats one of the many reasons our fans weren't tickled to death when we drafted him. Freeman didn't play many tough defenses. Freeman's accuracy and decision making were questioned CONSTANTLY in college. Those were Cutler's strong points. Freeman was drafted more on his physical abilities and upside than his performances in college. Cutler was impressive in both facets. Freeman wasn't even a top 5 QB in his own conference. Cutler undoubtedly was. I could go on and on all day about these guys. But the fact is, they have very few similarities. They both played on average at best teams, they both have strong arms, and they both went in round 1. Thats about all I can think of....

I think it's pretty spot on, fair analysis.

Bwahahahahaha !

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 17, 2010, 08:21:54 AM

I am not sure where the humor comes from.  Biggs's assessment is accurate. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

westcoastbuc

Second String

#8 : December 17, 2010, 08:54:28 AM

he just might be a cornerstone for this franchise for years to come, and to play at the QB position thats the best place to have one of those type of franchise players.  Great pick!

WestCoastBuc~

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 17, 2010, 09:09:05 AM

I don't disagree - and while I am not one to speak for others - I think Biggs would agree with you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 17, 2010, 09:25:21 AM

I've never thought Yasinskas was a Bucs hater.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 17, 2010, 09:27:00 AM

Let's see what Biggs thinks of Freeman....

This part?

Cutler carried his teams, performed near-flawlessly, and played the toughest defenses in the nation. Freeman was asked to do a lot for K-State, but he still left a lot to be desired. Thats one of the many reasons our fans weren't tickled to death when we drafted him. Freeman didn't play many tough defenses. Freeman's accuracy and decision making were questioned CONSTANTLY in college. Those were Cutler's strong points. Freeman was drafted more on his physical abilities and upside than his performances in college. Cutler was impressive in both facets. Freeman wasn't even a top 5 QB in his own conference. Cutler undoubtedly was. I could go on and on all day about these guys. But the fact is, they have very few similarities. They both played on average at best teams, they both have strong arms, and they both went in round 1. Thats about all I can think of....

I think it's pretty spot on, fair analysis.

Bwahahahahaha !

From the same thread:

I haven't seen anybody bash Freeman in this thread.

You have to be one of the dumbest MF'ers on the planet.  You quote me quoting someone else, and that really wasn't all that critical of Freeman.  There were much more critical posts of Freeman than that, but you aren't smart enough to find them.

You can post them all day.  I've already admitted I'm thrilled about being wrong on Freeman.  It's a shame you have to search for quotes on only one subject from 18-24 months ago, while I have an encyclopedia's worth of stupid from you to play with from just the last three months.
: December 17, 2010, 09:35:51 AM Biggs3535

DiSalvo

Starter

#12 : December 17, 2010, 11:25:16 AM

More nuggets of wisdom , from the great Biggsie:

Excuses.  You draft him, you play him.  You're going young, go young.  You commit 100% or not at all.

So San Diego with Rivers, Green Bay with Rodgers, Cincinnati with Palmer,  and New York with Manning all screwed the pooch?

All QB's and situations are different.  Freeman is not ready and needs to sit awhile longer.  His development isn't on the same pace as Stafford, Sanchez, Ryan, or Flacco.

Needs to sit ?? Isn't on the same pace as Sanchez and Stafford?? bwahahahahahah dumb azz !  I can do this all day....

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 17, 2010, 12:18:35 PM

OMG...you're clueless.

DiSalvo

Starter

#14 : December 17, 2010, 12:22:53 PM

How about this one , everyone :

About what Jagz did with Ryan and what could he do with Freeman, why not use that same thinking with McCown?  What separates McCown and Freeman as a prospect right now, besides the first round pick that Freeman would cost?

Yes that's right , Biggsie wanted McCown over Josh Freeman, and thought they were the same talent . (Apparentely he was a jagodzinski fan also? LOL)  :P
: December 17, 2010, 12:34:00 PM DiSalvo

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinkas on Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools