Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UCONN can't even get fans in the stands lol « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

: December 17, 2010, 03:36:49 PM

CTGuyton

Second String

#1 : December 17, 2010, 10:28:19 PM

I read and article(i think on Yahoo) that said many teams take a loss to go to a bowl. It mentioned UF and Ohio State taking significant losses for their championship game.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 17, 2010, 10:33:49 PM

For my national championship tixs had to buy a 3 pack (insight Bowl, Fiesta, and NC game). Couldnt get 9.99 for a pair on ebay for this game... donated them to the boys and girls club for a tax write off lol

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 18, 2010, 02:44:25 PM

I read and article(i think on Yahoo) that said many teams take a loss to go to a bowl. It mentioned UF and Ohio State taking significant losses for their championship game.

Uh, what?  UF and OSU hardly ever have problems with their fanbase traveling, much less for Championship games.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 18, 2010, 04:24:28 PM

HUH?

How could getting an $18 something Million payout cause a loss? Did each player take a separate Jet? The only monetary issue Florida had because of the '06 championship was that Meyer had a clause in his contract that gave him a raise. But it was no where near $18 million

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 18, 2010, 05:08:53 PM

You do realize the schools don't get 18 million dollar payouts right?  The money is evenly divided amongst everyone in the conference.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 18, 2010, 05:17:44 PM

For my national championship tixs had to buy a 3 pack (insight Bowl, Fiesta, and NC game). Couldnt get 9.99 for a pair on ebay for this game... donated them to the boys and girls club for a tax write off lol

You'll have a blast at the NC game, going to be a classic. I think you can beat them, going to be interesting to see if you can contain newton.

Yeah will be fun win or lose. But according to the hillbillies the national championship was Bama/AU, and we have never seen anyone like Farley (just ignore Paea, and Casey are projected first rd picks), and did you know Auburns SIZE... just ignore Oregon has faced 3 bigger teams, and Oregons defense is garbage and overnight AU defense is top flight, just ignore basic stats. I can see why Ill never live in SEC country, I just hope the fans that travel are like the ones I met in Tennessee not the unemployed who flood Portland talk radio all day.

Yes I will have fun, love Phoenix area

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 21, 2010, 06:19:32 AM

You do realize the schools don't get 18 million dollar payouts right?  The money is evenly divided amongst everyone in the conference.
Thats false...The team playing in the bowl gets almost the entire fraction of the money and the rest goes to the conference. They don't just divide the whole amount up..

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 24, 2010, 03:35:53 PM

Thats false...The team playing in the bowl gets almost the entire fraction of the money and the rest goes to the conference. They don't just divide the whole amount up..

I believe with SEC teams, the team gets half, the other half goes to the conference. I do know the SEC has the biggest cut of bowl payouts of any of the conferences, so half of 18 mill is still waay more than travel costs.

CTGuyton

Second String

#9 : December 25, 2010, 08:07:24 PM

Auburn will get about $4mil this year. and UT is expecting to spend $1.16mil while their pay out is only $1.125mil

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/dec/12/no-matter-the-bowl-slice-still-the-same/?partner=RSS
: December 25, 2010, 08:11:23 PM CTGuyton

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 26, 2010, 05:26:49 AM

I'm hoping Oregon beat Auburn badly.  Could this be the year the SEC gets upended?  I dunno, but I've watched Oregon play and I believe the Ducks have what it takes to get the job done of Defense.

More is made of Newton than Farley, but it has been Farley who has saved Auburn just as much as Newton has.  Farley will be a BEAST in the NFL. 

I'm pulling for TCU and Oregon!!!! 

Snook

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 27, 2010, 05:16:46 PM

I can see why Ill never live in SEC country, I just hope the fans that travel are like the ones I met in Tennessee not the unemployed who flood Portland talk radio all day.

Trust me, you'll meet nothing but respectful Auburn fans out there. 

As for SEC country... I'm trying to get out of here myself.  The South is an armpit.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 27, 2010, 07:03:15 PM

Yeah traveling fans are better then radio/internet fans. But Ive never seen the swarm of fans and the obsessiveness. Auburn hasnt made many fans up here Ill put it nicely and you have a lot of UW and OSU fans calling in saying they are pulling for Oregon because of them. Should be respect between both schools but I guess when one is on the west coast its Pee Wee football. Regardless should be a good game

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 27, 2010, 07:05:20 PM

I'm hoping Oregon beat Auburn badly.  Could this be the year the SEC gets upended?  I dunno, but I've watched Oregon play and I believe the Ducks have what it takes to get the job done of Defense.

More is made of Newton than Farley, but it has been Farley who has saved Auburn just as much as Newton has.  Farley will be a BEAST in the NFL. 

As an Oregon fan Newton scares me more then Farley. Im guessing Oregon will do what they did with Stephen Paea... make him decide the option man. Instead of making the DE decide make him decide to wear him down come the 2nd half.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 11, 2011, 12:45:11 PM

As an Oregon fan Newton scares me more then Farley. Im guessing Oregon will do what they did with Stephen Paea... make him decide the option man. Instead of making the DE decide make him decide to wear him down come the 2nd half.

Fairley is definitely better than Paea.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: UCONN can't even get fans in the stands lol « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools