Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Don't ask, don't tell" repealed « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : December 23, 2010, 10:32:28 AM

I am sure that many of them have no idea which president implemented it.

DADT was a progressive regulation twenty years ago allowing gay/lesbians to serve as long as they maintained their sexuality privately. 

I agree though, it is much ado about nothing. There are bigger problems in our country to resolve.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 23, 2010, 01:19:26 PM

On the matter of gays being allowed to serve openly, we're behind (no pun) other countries. But catching up. That's rather obvious when you read about how things went when these other countries allowed openly gay soldiers. Basically, it was a non-event.

We are/were not "behind" anybody. We do/did things differently that's all.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 24, 2010, 09:07:09 PM

On the matter of gays being allowed to serve openly, we're behind (no pun) other countries. But catching up. That's rather obvious when you read about how things went when these other countries allowed openly gay soldiers. Basically, it was a non-event.

I disagree. We're leaving the Dark Ages behind us and finally catching up to the others.

The Puritans are losing their grasp on things in this country.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#18 : December 24, 2010, 09:46:21 PM

I disagree. We're leaving the Dark Ages behind us and finally catching up to the others.

[/quote]

Yeah, right.  We are now almost as liberal with gay rights as the Saudis and Iranians.  And curse that Puritan BILL CLINTON for signing into law DADT.  You liberals are amusing (up to the point where you want to live out of the rest of our wallets).

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#19 : December 27, 2010, 06:27:23 PM

It is hilarious watching liberals break their arms patting themselves on the back for the repeal of DADT.  I am sure that many of them have no idea which president implemented it.

Pretty sure most liberals don't care who implemented things like that if they disagree with it.. unlike goose steppers like you who appears to be a caricature of a right wing wacko.
: December 27, 2010, 06:35:19 PM Col. Klink

spartan

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 29, 2010, 10:24:40 AM

According to you, many disagree.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 30, 2010, 01:48:55 PM

As long as they don't repeal "Don't know, don't care" because that is keeping me sane.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Don't ask, don't tell" repealed « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools