Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow PI...Picture tells a lot. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

PWNASAURUS

Starter

: December 20, 2010, 08:17:56 AM

Refs are hosing the Bucs any chance they get in big spots. This is Str8 BS here.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 20, 2010, 08:22:18 AM

Just a terrible call....Bucs need to get Dominik on the Competition Committee, look how much McKay being on their has helped the Falcons

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 20, 2010, 08:34:25 AM

Really? That looks a lot like K2 is committing PI to me, and he's got his hands outside which is usually the flag drawing position for your hands. If you are crying about a refs call when you are playing the 3rd string QB to the Lions you've got bigger issues.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 20, 2010, 08:48:11 AM

It is my recollection Winslow initiated the contact and just held onto him until it was time to catch the ball.
: December 20, 2010, 08:58:04 AM Feel Real Good

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#4 : December 20, 2010, 08:53:58 AM

Corner didn't turn head(in that pic), both players were grabbing each other. I can't EVER remember a game where I saw 2 offensive pass interference penalties. Blame the refs if you want but coaching cost the Bucs the game.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 20, 2010, 09:08:11 AM

The refs cost the Bucs, but so did their coaching. Gimme four points more there and four points later and it's not an issue. Once it got close late, we were in trouble. This crew was awful.

In Verner We Trust

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 20, 2010, 09:10:16 AM

You got pictures of the next frames where Winslow pushed off before the ball arrived?

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 20, 2010, 09:12:21 AM

I thought Winslow definitely pass interfered.  What pissed me off was the very next play, where Mike Williams gets arm-barred by the defensive back, and receives no flag.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 20, 2010, 09:16:15 AM

If we were the Falcons and Winslow's name was White, it wouldn't have been called. Lots of pushing goes on in the end zone and on a scale of 1-10, I'd say that was
a 5 and deserved a non-call. But if you're going to call it, then call the PI on the MW pass.

Inconsistency is what sucks about the refs this year.

But I don't blame the loss on that play.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 20, 2010, 09:18:36 AM

MW got knocked to the ground before the ball got there.Definite PI.

In Verner We Trust

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 20, 2010, 09:18:53 AM

The biggest problem with both plays was the timing was so horrible. Both Winslow and Williams were standing in place waiting for the ball for like 2 seconds. You can sell pass interference a lot easier when it actually looks like the quarterback and receiver are on the same page. Freeman needs to be throwing those balls 5 yards before the receivers are even in the end zone.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#11 : December 20, 2010, 09:20:12 AM

Injuries + the Refs + Poor Coaching= A Loss to the Lions

For all the great strides this team has made during the 2010 season, they are still a work and progress and need to learn to win and win when it matters.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#12 : December 20, 2010, 09:29:57 AM

You got pictures of the next frames where Winslow pushed off before the ball arrived?
All Winslow did was pull his arms away from the defender. The defender did not get pushed and no separation was created. Another horse **CENSORED** call.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 20, 2010, 09:39:08 AM

Four choices: Offsetting penalties
No call
Call on Lions
Call on Bucs
Best call: No call. Second-best call: Offsetting. So they really blew it. Offender never turns around, no separation. Awful.

In Verner We Trust

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 20, 2010, 09:44:52 AM

All Winslow did was pull his arms away from the defender.

This isn't even close to being true.  The push is what drew the flag.  They were both hand-fighting, but Winslow pushed off.  If he doesn't do that, they probably get a defensive PI because the DB isn't looking for the ball.

If Brandon Pettigrew does that to Ronde Barber in the opposite endzone with no call, this board would erupt.  It was a good call.  The non-call on the next play to MW19 was complete B/S, however.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow PI...Picture tells a lot. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools