Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow PI...Picture tells a lot. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

cryptfiend

Starter

#120 : December 23, 2010, 01:02:21 PM

90% of Buc fans still think Edell Shepards "catch" vs the Redskins should have been a TD too!

there are only 2 plays in recent memory where the Bucs truely were robbed, the Bert Emanuel Catch, and the Leaping flag vs the Colts on the missed FG......Both those plays truely cost us loses, this K2 call didn't...we had the lead with under 2 minutes and we let the Lions smack us around..

so...we didnt lose the game, but 2 years ago there was another call that was ridiculously horrible.

i dont remember the exact details of what happened prior to the bad part of the call...but...

our quarterback throws, and the opposing team (i dont even remember who it was) intercepts.  the intercepting player fumbles and we recover.  our player throws an illegal forward pass that lands on the turf (in other words, was not intercepted).  The opposing teams player picked up the ball, and was tackled by one of our guys.

the ruling on the field was turnover to the opposing team because of the last fumble recovery.

this was obviously, and in many ways, a horribly wrong call.  we ended up winning, so it wasnt a big deal...but still.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#121 : December 23, 2010, 01:50:23 PM

When the lions press corps say we got hosed.....
when the former vice pres of officiating says we got hosed........
When even PR says we got hosed .......
When my own eyes say we got hosed.........
My friend I believe we have to admit we got hosed!

and yet the only person who matters is the guy who threw the flag, and he says:

Offensive PI for pushing off...

funny thing the NFL now says we got hosed!
You lose!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#122 : December 23, 2010, 11:23:47 PM

...Apologizing for not throwing offsetting penalties is one thing and what should happen, but saying Winslow didn't push off is another.

They didn't apologize for not throwing offsetting penalties; they apologized for throwing a flag that should not have been thrown.  Quote:  "In the apology the league admitted that no penalty should have been called on that play"

Exactly.

I guess you're one of the irrational posters. LOL. Gotta love Biggs trying to spin this one.

DiSalvo

Starter

#123 : December 24, 2010, 10:48:58 AM

...Apologizing for not throwing offsetting penalties is one thing and what should happen, but saying Winslow didn't push off is another.

They didn't apologize for not throwing offsetting penalties; they apologized for throwing a flag that should not have been thrown.  Quote:  "In the apology the league admitted that no penalty should have been called on that play"

Exactly.

I guess you're one of the irrational posters. LOL. Gotta love Biggs trying to spin this one.

Careful guys. If you keep proving him wrong, Biggs will start saying , " you are gay!! , you have a crush on me!! " .

LOL , check out the Legarrette Blount thread. This guy is losing it  ;D
: December 24, 2010, 10:51:50 AM DiSalvo

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Winslow PI...Picture tells a lot. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools