Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steve White.........People continue to make asses out of themselves blaming Ruud « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 20, 2010, 03:29:40 PM

If Steve White was right , the Bucs would be offering Ruud contract extensions.... The fact that one of the worst defenses in the NFL has no interest in re-signing him proves that he's a garbage can. He's part of problem , not the solution.

He's soft . Period. Anyone who can't see that is blind.

Ah yes, the contract extension. The last refuge for Ruud haters. Never mind that no one except Kellen Winslow has been offered a long term deal since Mark Dominick took over as GM. I know the Ruud haters will say that it's because the front office thinks Winslow deserved it more, but that ignores the fact that Winslow was acquired via trade in which we gave the Browns a 2nd and a 5th round pick. You don't trade away that much for a guy that you don't already intend to sign. I also know Ruud haters will bring up Donald Penn, but that ignores that Penn received the exact same tender that Ruud did this off season, the highest tender possible, one that basically guarantees that no team will sign them away. It also ignores that Penn has basically been a one-year contract guy since he signed with the Bucs, and had to threaten to sit out the entire season unless given a deal before he finally got one, something that Ruud has not done.

But more importantly, Ruud haters can't seem to answer the question, if Ruud is as bad as they say, why is he still here? Chris Hovan, gone. Ryan Sims, gone. Derrick Ward, gone. Clifton Smith, gone. Michael Clayton, gone. Sabby Piscitelli, gone. So why is Ruud still here? Why was he offered a tender that increased his pay to more than double his 2009 salary? I've asked these questions time and time again. None of the haters can answer them with any answer that support their irrational beliefs, so they choose not to answer them at all.

GoBucsYo

Second String

#16 : December 20, 2010, 03:31:59 PM

Looking at the defensive personnel, Ruud is the best player on the Bucs defense at the moment.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 20, 2010, 03:32:59 PM

There are like only 2 people that I know that doesn't think Ruud sucks. And that is CBWx2 and Steve White

The rest of the fanbase wants him gone. I think the loners should do some more thinking. I bet those same wanted to keep Kenytta Walker as long as we did.

Steve White breaks down and analyzes plays, and uses his fact based knowledge to diagnose what happens when things break down. Ruud haters blame Ruud on plays that Ruud wasn't even remotely in position to make (the Todd Heap TD reception that got Sabby Piscitelli cut, for example). So you tell me which side has more merit, because it should be obvious as hell to a rational mind.
I do recall people saying that but the play happened so fast its hard to say what exactly happened. And typically yes, he is usually in right position vs pass D, I'm not remotely concerned in that phase. His run defense and soft like play is so disgusting to watch. MLB's shouldn't be running around blockers, they should be going through them and shedding them at the POA.

Ruud is a liability. Ruud is as good as gone so we don't have to worry about this ordeal next season. The Brandon Spikes interest is more than enough for this claim to be supported.

DiSalvo

Starter

#18 : December 20, 2010, 03:33:24 PM

Ruud has plenty of flaws, but if we had 11 guys who played in the right spot our defense would look a helluva lot better.

LOL @ the "right spot"

If the "right spot " for Barrett Rudd  is  alternating  between being buried under the lead blocker, or 15 yards downfield as you run backwatds to avoid contact , then I have a serious problem with the defensive scheme....

Chaos

Starter
#19 : December 20, 2010, 03:35:26 PM

How can Ruud look bad to people when you have guys like Biggers and Mack tripping over their own feet every play because a 3rd string WR schooled them? 

DiSalvo

Starter

#20 : December 20, 2010, 03:36:09 PM

If Steve White was right , the Bucs would be offering Ruud contract extensions.... The fact that one of the worst defenses in the NFL has no interest in re-signing him proves that he's a garbage can. He's part of problem , not the solution.

Ah yes, the contract extension. The last refuge for Ruud haters. Never mind that no one except Kellen Winslow has been offered a long term deal since Mark Dominick took over as GM.

Donald Penn was extended. But hey , you would have had a good point....if it was true....

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 20, 2010, 04:16:47 PM

Ah yes, the contract extension. The last refuge for Ruud haters. Never mind that no one except Kellen Winslow has been offered a long term deal since Mark Dominick took over as GM.

Donald Penn was extended. But hey , you would have had a good point....if it was true....

How about reading the rest of the post, sport.
: December 20, 2010, 04:22:12 PM CBWx2

FlyingScorpion

Starter
#22 : December 20, 2010, 04:21:02 PM

How can Ruud look bad to people when you have guys like Biggers and Mack tripping over their own feet every play because a 3rd string WR schooled them?
easy they watch the game like this

Freeman\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I love winning a lot more than Im scared of losing\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 20, 2010, 04:39:04 PM

There are like only 2 people that I know that doesn't think Ruud sucks. And that is CBWx2 and Steve White

The rest of the fanbase wants him gone. I think the loners should do some more thinking. I bet those same wanted to keep Kenytta Walker as long as we did.

Steve White breaks down and analyzes plays, and uses his fact based knowledge to diagnose what happens when things break down. Ruud haters blame Ruud on plays that Ruud wasn't even remotely in position to make (the Todd Heap TD reception that got Sabby Piscitelli cut, for example). So you tell me which side has more merit, because it should be obvious as hell to a rational mind.
I do recall people saying that but the play happened so fast its hard to say what exactly happened. And typically yes, he is usually in right position vs pass D, I'm not remotely concerned in that phase. His run defense and soft like play is so disgusting to watch. MLB's shouldn't be running around blockers, they should be going through them and shedding them at the POA.

Ruud is a liability. Ruud is as good as gone so we don't have to worry about this ordeal next season. The Brandon Spikes interest is more than enough for this claim to be supported.

Really? That's funny because I have seen MLB's run around blocks countless times. Even big time players like Ray Lewis and Pat Willis will opt to run around a block rather than engage if it can be helped. I also find it ironic that guys like Nate Irving, Quan Sturdivant, and Greg Jones are all undersized MLB's who are known more for their quickness and instincts more so than their block shedding.

Ruud was tendered, not traded or released, and Brandon Spikes was not drafted despite us having 2 second round picks this year. What does that support?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#24 : December 20, 2010, 06:18:36 PM

Because Biggers usually looks good, he had an off day which most guys do against Johnson, Ruud always looks bad at worst, questionable at best.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 20, 2010, 06:36:08 PM

- By the way, the people who continue to make asses out of themselves complaining about Barrett Ruud will look particularly silly when they try to pin the terrible run defense on him this time. I don't think he was out of position the whole game. But hey, for some folks in this area it doesn't matter whose play it actually was, its still Ruud's fault, smdh.

lolz, here we go with the "being in position" crap again.  Can we just put a tackling dummy out on the field to "be in position", because that seems to be good enough for Stevie White.
Agreed.  Ruud is mashed potatoes man.  They are always on my plate, which is being in the right place.  They always get eaten as well, they are always soft.  Which is Ruud in run defense.  Not sure if Ruud is paying him to write this stuff about him in an effort to get a kickback when he signs elsewhere...

Damn I hope the Bucs get David Harris next year.  I really really do...
: December 20, 2010, 06:40:34 PM Boid Fink

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 20, 2010, 06:48:18 PM

Don't think there is much chance Harris is a FA

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 20, 2010, 06:51:55 PM

Me either...but I can dream man.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 20, 2010, 06:54:49 PM

If David Harris isn't a Jet next season I will shave my head. He isn't going anywhere.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 20, 2010, 06:58:42 PM

Once again, I can dream man.

Sheesh.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steve White.........People continue to make asses out of themselves blaming Ruud « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools