Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rate our coach « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 20, 2010, 10:46:06 PM

I hate the fact that yesterday's game lowered my score, but I can't get over how idiotic it was to "play like a pu**y" at the end of the game. You have to look no further than last week to see this defense struggles at the end of games trying to hold onto the lead yet he decided to "let the defense win the game?" Yea, that makes sense Morris. I'm glad you decided to put the game on a bad defensive unit rather than on what is possibly your best player, #5.

There were also several games where the defense DID pull thru at the end of the game and win it for them. The Arizona and Cincinnati games come to mind.
Not THIS defense.

A McCoy-less, Talib-less, Grimm-less defense.

You take those guys out, and replace them with backups, and practice squad dudes, and you get the Lions driving all over you like big truck on small dog.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 21, 2010, 12:01:45 AM

Last week in Washington THIS defense came out in the second half with no Black and no McCoy and played 10x better than they did in the first half with McCoy and Black.

You're playing captain hindsight Mr. Boid. We have plugged in rookies and practice squad players all year with great success. There was no way to know that this time nobody would step up in crunch time on the final drive. Myron Lewis coulda had an INT off a ball Biggers had broken up right there in the end zone at the end to seal the game. He didn't make the play and neither did anyone else....but to say you or anyone else knew that nobody would make a play is just nonsense.

People wanna bag on Raheem for trusting his young defense, but the way I see it he had faith that someone would rise up and make a play and they let him down. I don't blame Raheem for that. At that point in the game it's more about mental toughness and how bad you want it, much more than it is about 40 times or stats. All our guys receive the same training, the same coaching. They are all good enough athletes to make things happen and they are all put in the same position to make a play. The Lions offense just wanted it more than our defense did. That to me says a lot about the character of some of these back ups. On that final drive there was no pressure what so ever. Our front seven was completely invisible. It's definetly time to bring in some new blood and a new culture to our front seven this offseason.

Draft Aaron Donald

Chaos

Starter
#17 : December 21, 2010, 12:25:47 AM

I hate the fact that yesterday's game lowered my score, but I can't get over how idiotic it was to "play like a pu**y" at the end of the game. You have to look no further than last week to see this defense struggles at the end of games trying to hold onto the lead yet he decided to "let the defense win the game?" Yea, that makes sense Morris. I'm glad you decided to put the game on a bad defensive unit rather than on what is possibly your best player, #5.

There were also several games where the defense DID pull thru at the end of the game and win it for them. The Arizona and Cincinnati games come to mind.

thats not saing much!!

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#18 : December 21, 2010, 12:32:13 AM

Last week in Washington THIS defense came out in the second half with no Black and no McCoy and played 10x better than they did in the first half with McCoy and Black.

You're playing captain hindsight Mr. Boid. We have plugged in rookies and practice squad players all year with great success. There was no way to know that this time nobody would step up in crunch time on the final drive. Myron Lewis coulda had an INT off a ball Biggers had broken up right there in the end zone at the end to seal the game. He didn't make the play and neither did anyone else....but to say you or anyone else knew that nobody would make a play is just nonsense.

People wanna bag on Raheem for trusting his young defense, but the way I see it he had faith that someone would rise up and make a play and they let him down. I don't blame Raheem for that. At that point in the game it's more about mental toughness and how bad you want it, much more than it is about 40 times or stats. All our guys receive the same training, the same coaching. They are all good enough athletes to make things happen and they are all put in the same position to make a play. The Lions offense just wanted it more than our defense did. That to me says a lot about the character of some of these back ups. On that final drive there was no pressure what so ever. Our front seven was completely invisible. It's definetly time to bring in some new blood and a new culture to our front seven this offseason.

J, I disagree. I don't think Detroit's offense wanted it more. I think we made boneheaded, maybe egotistical decisions. I have always been of the opinon/thought that you try to take away the opposing team's best player. Let the surrounding cast step up. I think we should've had Biggers on Megatron 100% of the time. That's putting our players in position to succeed. Having Mack on Megatron is a terrible move. Also, I think our D-line was winded after having been marched on by Detroit to tie the game, so when the Lions got the ball first in OT, I had a bad feeling that there was going to be even less pressure on their QB.

The quest for .500 begins...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 21, 2010, 12:41:16 AM

I didn't know Mack ended up on Megatron...that is horrible. Mack shouldn't even be on the roster.

Draft Aaron Donald

Tebowmania 25

Pro Bowler

#20 : December 21, 2010, 12:42:37 AM

on a scale to 10 i'd give morris a 8, I think he's done a heck of a job this year, last year we were playing for out 3rd win at this time, now it's our 9th. Nuff said.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 21, 2010, 02:31:41 AM

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 21, 2010, 06:14:05 AM

1-10 Morris is a 7. Not his fault he got hit with a rash of injuries and a couple of bad picks.

Congratulations. You finally wrote something that makes sense.
on a scale to 10 i'd give morris a 8, I think he's done a heck of a job this year, last year we were playing for out 3rd win at this time, now it's our 9th. Nuff said.

I'd say 8 was fair and objective. He's still making mistakes, but all HCs do and he's only 34.  Most here have gone from low expectations in August to unrealistic expectations in December. THAT is a sign of real progress, whether some will admit it or not.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 21, 2010, 06:29:28 AM

thats not saing much!!

Well, Arizona did beat New Orleans and Cincinnati would have beat them too if it weren't for a Drew Brees TD pass with 31 seconds left in the game.

watson

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 21, 2010, 07:36:17 AM

I think you need to break down the ratings in multiple areas.

As a Head Coach, I rate him at a 7 due to his inexperience which sometimes effects his decision making.

As a DC, I rate him at a 8.5.  He is till learning this job too, but after he took over the defense last year they began to play much better and although they still have problems with stopping the run (especially in the first half of games) they have played well considering their youth in so many positions.

As a Leader, I rate him at a 10.  Some may see this as high, but when you consider that he has kept this team highly motivated all year and has them playing at a level that not many thought they could you have to give him credit for his leadership skills.  It would be hard to show any time this season (and last) where the team didn't stick together and play hard for him.

JMHO

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

DiSalvo

Starter

#25 : December 21, 2010, 08:24:13 AM

Not THIS defense.

You take those guys out, and replace them with backups, and practice squad dudes, and you get the Lions driving all over you like big truck on small dog.

The highest this D has been ranked all year , against one of the easiest schedules imaginable , is 26th. Not much is changed  from when those three players were playing. They still sucked, last I checked. Truck over a small dog indeed....

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#26 : December 21, 2010, 08:38:14 AM

Not THIS defense.

The highest this D has been ranked all year , against one of the easiest schedules imaginable , is 26th. Not much is changed  from when those three players were playing. They still sucked, last I checked. Truck over a small dog indeed....
They are currently ranked 20th in the NFL on defense and 20th in offense.  Check your facts sherlock.
: December 21, 2010, 08:40:10 AM PWNASAURUS

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 21, 2010, 08:41:04 AM

I think you need to break down the ratings in multiple areas.

As a Head Coach, I rate him at a 7 due to his inexperience which sometimes effects his decision making.

As a DC, I rate him at a 8.5.  He is till learning this job too, but after he took over the defense last year they began to play much better and although they still have problems with stopping the run (especially in the first half of games) they have played well considering their youth in so many positions.

As a Leader, I rate him at a 10.  Some may see this as high, but when you consider that he has kept this team highly motivated all year and has them playing at a level that not many thought they could you have to give him credit for his leadership skills.  It would be hard to show any time this season (and last) where the team didn't stick together and play hard for him.

JMHO

Good Post Watson.  I'd say the same things but drop him to a 7.5 as a coordinator (only because he's still experimenting, which costs us at times) and a 9 as a leader (because he's still got a lot to learn.

Overall - 7.8765675 and a leading candidate for Coach of the Year.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 21, 2010, 08:50:18 AM

I give him an 8. They've done a hell of job with the youngest team in the NFL and have been racked with injuries, yet still remain competitive every week.

Josh has jumped light years ahead of where anyone expected him to be at this point, they've discovered serious offensive playmakers in Mike Williams, Blount, and Benn. Defensively, they still have some work to do, but he managed to keep mask a lot of the deficiencies until starters started dropping like flies.

Heck of a season by Rah. I'm very proud of him.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#29 : December 21, 2010, 08:53:02 AM

After a day to cool off after the Detroit game I'd say he gets a solid 6.

That's judging him for an entire season as a Head Coach and Play Caller. As a head coach he's been able to get the most out of the youngest team in the NFL that has been decimated by injuries. Then as a Play Caller he's had great games such as the SF & @CAR games. He's also done great at making half time adjustments, quite a few games where the defense has shut out the opponent in the 2nd half. So while he's not as bad as I thought in 2009, he's definitely not as horrible as some uneducated fans believe. Just like our team the Head Coach is still a work in progress.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rate our coach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools